XP and evil Kazaa?

sebanaj

Prince
Does Kazaa reduce the resources even when it's closed, even from the task manager and the processes?!

I always wanted to uninstall the little thief, but family would be annoyed.

Nah, I prefer Imesh. I still think that Kazaa led to most of my problems with Internet Exploder - Er, "Explorer" of course - getting a virus on my Machine. Imesh seems fairly decent.

is it kazaa lite or regular kazaa?

Imesh puts GAIN on your system, don't use it. WinMX is spyware free.

kazaa runs several process - including peer to peer networking and the points manager - even when you close the kazzaa media manager these processes remain active - even if your internet connection is closed. Add in the gain network advertising software etc etc then yes it does use up resources even when it is not running.

I used to have kazaa and Imesh on my computer but removed them. Now i have millions of popups and can no longer us IE, I had to seek refuge in Netscape. Does anyone know haw to get this spy/adware of my system?

Originally posted by GrandMasta Nick
I used to have kazaa and Imesh on my computer but removed them. Now i have millions of popups and can no longer us IE, I had to seek refuge in Netscape. Does anyone know haw to get this spy/adware of my system?

Download Ad-Aware or Spybot Search and Destroy and run a scan.

Thanks dragon. I already have the freeware version of adawar, it got some but most were left untouched. I'll give Spybot a try though.

Originally posted by GrandMasta Nick

Ohh, you mean Internet Exploder? Ya, I had to switch to Mozilla, and have never looked back *ah, the wonders of NO POP-UPS!!!*

Top Bottom