XX Century Mod 3

On the Middle East scenario the Palestinians have far too much culture. Israel's cities are all surrounded by Palestinian borders by around turn 3.

On the Middle East scenario the Palestinians have far too much culture. Israel's cities are all surrounded by Palestinian borders by around turn 3.

Hm, I hadn't such problem while testing, but i'll take a look.

Andy, great work as always mate... the mod is just as enjoyable now as it was back when you had v2 for Vanilla Civ out...

The only thing I could suggest? Any chance you could add Dale's Ranged Bombardment for Warlords 2.08 into your mod? If there aren't any compatability issues, that'd be awfully sweet.... :)

Andy, great work as always mate... the mod is just as enjoyable now as it was back when you had v2 for Vanilla Civ out...

The only thing I could suggest? Any chance you could add Dale's Ranged Bombardment for Warlords 2.08 into your mod? If there aren't any compatability issues, that'd be awfully sweet.... :)

Gimme a link to this mod please.

AndyTerry, very big and impresiv Mod !
But, ;)

Why Mandela leader of Rsa, instead of "Wilhelmine" Queen of the Dutch, with Amsterdam missing in Europe ?
In early XXth there was a Dutch empire with places in south africa (destroy by the Great Britain +-1900), a place in south america above Brasil, netherland indonesia & borneo etc.
japanese have also an empire - corea -mandchouria- north-west of China etc, and soon at war with the rusian empire for port arthur etc.

Where is Austria-Hungaria ? (could be vassal of the Germans ?)
Poland (even barbarians city), there are no Odessa, Lvov nor Varsovia,

Why adenauer and not Bismark & the black white red flag will be more appriopriate ? (early XXth scen.), and the german places as south west africa, but ther's also tanganikia (today tanzania), cameroun with yaounde city,

French indochina, french madagascar island, french guyana (N. of brasil), australia & India vassals of Great Britain, American places like philippina, Guam, Midway, Hawaï (pearl harboor !!), enlarge the harboors to make them "landable" & important steps in a war with japan and the usa, from east to west or west to east conquest...

Iran & afghanistan (the persians Civ ?),

Barnaoul & alma ata are in chineese territory (!), where is vladivostok ?

open the dardanell's detroits to make russia acceed to the mediterranea, it's a big deal to ottoman empire & great britain in there politic of russia "containment",

where are munich, berlin, vien ?

finland, sweden ? (non playable maybe),

Playable Civ could be
-french empire,
-great britain empire,
-german & austrian-hungaria empire,
-ottoman empire,
-russian empire,
-chineese empire,
-japaneese empire,
also
-netherland empire,
-belgium empire,
-the usa,
india & australia vassals of great britain for a long time,
-Mexico-brasil-argentina & others south americans are "low" nations,
and non-playable Civ like finland, serbia, romania, etc.

and last but not least, add some mods
-eusebius world religion,
-dale's combat Mod,
-great general amped,
?

But XX century Mod 3 is really good as it is.
:cool:

AndyTerry, very big and impresiv Mod !
But, ;)

Why Mandela leader of Rsa, instead of "Wilhelmine" Queen of the Dutch, with Amsterdam missing in Europe ?
In early XXth there was a Dutch empire with places in south africa (destroy by the Great Britain +-1900), a place in south america above Brasil, netherland indonesia & borneo etc.
japanese have also an empire - corea -mandchouria- north-west of China etc, and soon at war with the rusian empire for port arthur etc.

Where is Austria-Hungaria ? (could be vassal of the Germans ?)
Poland (even barbarians city), there are no Odessa, Lvov nor Varsovia,

Why adenauer and not Bismark & the black white red flag will be more appriopriate ? (early XXth scen.), and the german places as south west africa, but ther's also tanganikia (today tanzania), cameroun with yaounde city,

French indochina, french madagascar island, french guyana (N. of brasil), australia & India vassals of Great Britain, American places like philippina, Guam, Midway, Hawaï (pearl harboor !!), enlarge the harboors to make them "landable" & important steps in a war with japan and the usa, from east to west or west to east conquest...

Iran & afghanistan (the persians Civ ?),

Barnaoul & alma ata are in chineese territory (!), where is vladivostok ?

open the dardanell's detroits to make russia acceed to the mediterranea, it's a big deal to ottoman empire & great britain in there politic of russia "containment",

where are munich, berlin, vien ?

finland, sweden ? (non playable maybe),

Playable Civ could be
-french empire,
-great britain empire,
-german & austrian-hungaria empire,
-ottoman empire,
-russian empire,
-chineese empire,
-japaneese empire,
also
-netherland empire,
-belgium empire,
-the usa,
india & australia vassals of great britain for a long time,
-Mexico-brasil-argentina & others south americans are "low" nations,
and non-playable Civ like finland, serbia, romania, etc.

and last but not least, add some mods
-eusebius world religion,
-dale's combat Mod,
-great general amped,
?

But XX century Mod 3 is really good as it is.
:cool:

Well, you speak about one of maps. All maps are not historical ;)

Uncle Anton, ...
the Ranged Bombardment component is a part of Dale's combat Mod.
?!

Uncle Anton, ...
the Ranged Bombardment component is a part of Dale's combat Mod.....
india & australia vassals of great britain for a long time...
?!

True, but Ranged Bombardment is also a standalone component which can be integrated seperately if compatibility issues with integrating the entirety of Dale's arise. So I thought I'd give the Ranged Bombardment standalone link as well. :)

Erm.... Wrong :p

India has been independant since 1948. Australia has been independant in terms of foreign policy since the dissolution of the British Empire and the creation of the Commonwealth. Neither country should be represented as vassals. Both have made significant and long lasting impacts on 20th century history militarily if not politically.

If you really want some more information as to why India and Australia should stay as playable civs in their own right in this mod, PM me and I'll give you some more info on it. Needless to say that because this is a mod based on the 20th century, both India and Australia need to be represented as seperate Civs.

Uncle Unton,
XX century start at 1900, independance of India is 1947-1948, so half a century as a vassal of great britain.
I agree for Australia, but most of the "Aussies" (1900-1950) call great britain "home", or motherland, ...
And in the game there's only one way to make it playable, australia and india vassals of great britain, from 1900 to+- 1950, end of the war and true end of the english empire.
So.

I don't know if the number of turn of "vassalisation" (20 ?) can be change to stop +- at 1950 ?
;)

Uncle Unton,
XX century start at 1900, independance of India is 1947-1948, so half a century as a vassal of great britain.
I agree for Australia, but most of the "Aussies" (1900-1950) call great britain "home", or motherland, ...
And in the game there's only one way to make it playable, australia and india vassals of great britain, from 1900 to+- 1950, end of the war and true end of the english empire.
So.

I don't know if the number of turn of "vassalisation" (20 ?) can be change to stop +- at 1950 ?
;)

Hehe :)

Well, admittedly by your own argument, you're making a case on the basis of "Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full".

To go further than that I'd actually point out that to say that both countries considered themselves British before the end of the second world war is actually very incorrect. In India the independance movement had been extremely strong for some time, and ever since WW1, Australians (whilst very loyal to Britain) had an extremely strong sense of nationalism and self-identity. Indeed with both countries many of those significant achievements that both countries made "In the name of the Empire" were actually considered by both nations to be their own, and would and still do continue to play a big part in the national identity of both countries. So even pre-1948, I'd still disagree with you there...

As to game mechanics, again I'd disagree. This is a mod, not a scenario.

Our difference in opinion aside, it's easy to have India and Australia as vassals of England if you really want to by either creating them as such in WB, or by making a scenario for this mod that has that arrangement. However, if you set such an arrangement in the overarching mod, what happens when someone wants to set up a late 20th century mod? Or a mod about Vietnam or the Cold War? In those cases, Vassalage doesn't make sense, and is impossible to fix. My advice in terms of game mechanics would be to set as Vassalage when you deem appropriate in your game/scenario that you're running depending on what that is. If it's left as is, you can easily "season to taste". Not so easy if you make a change to the base

Hello, very good mod I have found a error with the civilization of Chile. The "IQIQUE" city, is "IQUIQUE".

Sorry for my poor english. =)

Top Bottom