Yet Another Huge Earth Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I will add Mongolia, that's sure.

But Babylon will be difficult to place between Persia and Arabia... And Spain as a CS, I don't know, Europe is already crowded as it is...

I really need a bigger map :D

182x96 is the max I was able to play on small continent without crash, don't know if I can make a playable earth map this size, I may try it in the future as I'll like to test some world scenario which need a decent sized europe...

yep, another concession to map size.

good news is that I've managed to start working on a 180x94 conversion of Genghis Kai's giant earth which doesn't crash on my PC. bad news is the CPU temp when using the map... and the fact that even with a few more hexes, England is still too crowded if I set back Edinburgh at the correct position.

you've downloaded it via the ingame browser or the file database ?

Can you pre-set the resources mayby? (cuz they arent right?).

I really like this map cuz europe is enlarged but not to much. but without pre-set resources it seems so unfinished, and unrealistic. Also it gets really unballanced cuz par exemple russia gets awfully lot of resources and always ends up being the best.

Yep, I plan to do something for the ressources. But first I'll need to have a good look at how is done the placement in the LUA files, I want to do a random but close to realistic placement...

Could you move Egypt's starting location south a bit so as to leave plenty of room for Alexandria on the coast. Also maybe a Nubian city state on the lower nile? Maybe it's just me but the Mediterranean Sea could be a little taller with one more coast hex for Palestine. Greece seems a little close to north africa.

Great map though, thanks! It was my first download for Civ5!

Gedemon,
Could you tell me how you added the city-states to WorldBuilder? I created them all using XML but I'm having trouble figuring out the rest! I'm creating a TSL huge map as well with true resources (nightmare).
Thanks

If the mod with the city states is active when editing the map, then the city states should be available in the list of the scenario editor.

If the mod with the city states is active when editing the map, then the city states should be available in the list of the scenario editor.

Thanks but do I have to convert any of my XML files to LUA files? How do I activate the mod?
Thanks

when you start the worldbuilder there's a mod button, check your mod in the list here. no need to "convert" xml. If you cities aren't listed in the scenarion editor screen, then maybe there's a problem with your mod.

look at the tutorials section ;)

when you start the worldbuilder there's a mod button, check your mod in the list here. no need to "convert" xml. If you cities aren't listed in the scenarion editor screen, then maybe there's a problem with your mod.

look at the tutorials section ;)

Thanks, I have created all the XML files but I'm not sure how to add them to the project and build it.
Thanks for the help though!

Here's a screenshot of the project. I wanted to know if the circled parts are correct.

you don't need to define the table again, have a loock at the xml in my mods, then be sure to have set the OnModActivated condition. I'm sorry, can't help you more here, it's not a topic about generic mod creation, I can help on the map part, but first you need a working city state mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom