Yet another "wouldn't it be nice..." thread

anarres

anarchist revolutionary
Wouldn't it be nice if the "Recieve updates to this thread" link (at the bottom of thread pages) would change to a "Unsubscribe from this thread" link if you are already subscribed?

Benifits of it are being able to unbubscribe without going to your UserCP, and being able to see at a glance if you are already subscribed to a thread.

I've seen it in action elsewhere, it's nice...

Example of link texts:

Subscription Link
http://forums.civfanatics.com/member2.php?s=&action=addsubscription&threadid=65670

Unsubscription Link
http://forums.civfanatics.com/member2.php?s=&action=removesubscription&threadid=65670

Wouldn't it be nice if people just shut up and were happy with what they had?

;) But really, this is a pretty good idea. Although what's needed more (IMO) is the ability to subscribe to a thread without getting emails about it. :)

A very intriguing idea. I suppose it just depends on if TF wants to implement the VB "hack" to do so before (the terminally delayed) VB3.0 is released. :D

@WillJ: But that's what a thread subscription IS: receiving emails when a reply is received! :confused:

(Actually, I DO understand what you are on about - I would like that option as well. ;) )

Ah, VB3.0.

That's probably a myth, propagated by the Secret Society of Forum Aministrators to allow them to postpone fixes and improvements. "Lets not upgrade any of antiquated features or bugs today, because it could be here tomorrow!"

:p

Originally posted by Padma
@WillJ: But that's what a thread subscription IS: receiving emails when a reply is received! :confused:

(Actually, I DO understand what you are on about - I would like that option as well. ;) )
Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about despite saying you do ;), IMO the most useful feature of thread subscribing is being able to go to your UserCP and see all your subscribed threads. Getting emails about it is just annoying, IMO. (Especially when your whole family shares one email address.)
Originally posted by cgannon64
Ah, VB3.0.

That's probably a myth, propagated by the Secret Society of Forum Aministrators to allow them to postpone fixes and improvements. "Lets not upgrade any of antiquated features or bugs today, because it could be here tomorrow!"

A myth? Ah, you mean like the moon? ;)

Originally posted by cgannon64
Ah, VB3.0.

Anyone want to make a bet which comes out first? VBB 3.0 or the 1.10 patch for Diablo II (Currently in it's second year of development. . . )?

I think you can change the option to or not to get e-mail from subscription in your personal options, but I may be mistaken...

You are mistaken Wizard, that is not an option at CFC.

Originally posted by Octavian X
It would also be nice if we all had flying pigs, but we all know we're not getting those anytime soon, either. :p
but i have a flying pig, don't you?

Originally posted by Turner_727
Anyone want to make a bet which comes out first? VBB 3.0 or the 1.10 patch for Diablo II (Currently in it's second year of development. . . )?
I though patch 1.10 is already out for Diablo? Or at least, I remembered someone posted about it in Other Games, couple of months back... ;)

Originally posted by XIII
I though patch 1.10 is already out for Diablo? Or at least, I remembered someone posted about it in Other Games, couple of months back... ;)

That's the 'public beta' that they're doing. It's still not out. . .

Ah, the public beta version! :rolleyes:

Hm... I vaguely recall some company that released a public beta version and even asked money for it... must recall... they recently changed their name... must be some conspiracy...

Top Bottom