You Will Not Believe How Proper Grammar May Reveal a Secert Gay Plot in Charm City

And yet we still have to 'respect religion', to the point that mentioning eating anything that is forbidden by any religion is an offence.

Im going to be gay on Ramadan. Well, actually I am gay 365 days of the year, but I suppose being gay on Ramadan too is extra offensive somehow.

I think a giant rainbow neon sign would do it.

Maybe they could move Baltimore pride to Kenmore Avenue?

And yet we still have to 'respect religion', to the point that mentioning eating anything that is forbidden by any religion is an offence.

Im going to be gay on Ramadan. Well, actually I am gay 365 days of the year, but I suppose being gay on Ramadan too is extra offensive somehow.

Go for it, but I'd advise not doing so publicly in any country where the majority of the population will be celebrating Ramadan.

Go for it, but I'd advise not doing so publicly in any country where the majority of the population will be celebrating Ramadan.

Dammit, I suppose that does include the UK.

There are possibly more Christian countries where he should worry about being openly gay than Muslim ones.

Like the USA.

That is really more a matter of region: the more conservative, the more homophobic. But it is clearly not as high as it should be:

Global Acceptance of Homosexuality

Even the Philippines accepts gays far more than the US does. But nearly all of Eastern Europe, Asia, and Africa are massively homophobic still. What somewhat surprises me are Mexico (where homosexual marriage was just approved), and some of the other predominately Catholic countries in South America. Many of them are still massively anti-gay. But Argentina is 74%, which is typical of Western Europe, and Chile is not far behimd.

It looks to me like the Eastern Europe is more missing data than homophobic. The only Eastern European country whose number is mentioned and lower than US is Poland, and as we all know, it's being in EE is disputed.

Ah. Good point. I thought white signified the worst countries. But you can tell that is actually light tan from the data. Nigeria is 1 and it is not white.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was faked by someone deciding that they wanted to get someone else to pay for their redecorating.

That said, I laughed hard enough at the phrase "relentlessly gay" that they earned it anyway. What does that MEAN?

Letter is BS.

Seemed BS when I read it before I realized that's what BvBPL was getting at, then he points out identical capitalization errors. I check the GFM and it's the same chirpy manic spurt-style writing. Check her photo, too.

Homophobic people don't write letters like that, not in 2015. They don't feel they are in the majority and have that kind of authority. Maybe in 1997, but it would be handwritten back then.

I feel like if she faked it she would have made it seem more threatening. Or maybe she knew phrases like 'Relentlessly Gay' would get it attention? I agree that the letter reads just like the gofundme but maybe that's just how all middle aged Marylanders write?

Back when my dad and I were living in our house (in the '90s) the neighbor decided to get back at me for complaining about her loud stereo at 8 am. So she left a nasty note (handwritten) in the mailbox complaining about my having the gall to have the light on in my bedroom at night. She carried on about the fact that my room was upstairs, her bedroom was downstairs, so that must mean I was spying on her... :rolleyes:

Sheesh. For one thing, there's not much that ever went on in a neighbor's house that could shock me after accidentally catching a glimpse of the neighbor on the other side parading around his bedroom naked (his light was on, mine wasn't, and I'd just come up the stairs and that was the sight that greeted me :ack:). For another, I don't actually care what goes on in a neighbor's bedroom. For a third thing... if people are so paranoid about people peeking in their windows, why do they insist on having sheer curtains?

Bit disappointed nobody's commenting on the real gold of this thread, which is the title. You got a real future at gawker or buzzfeed, kid.

What I want to know is why the colors in her display are not in the right order. Red should be the leftmost one, but it isn't. If she's trying for a rainbow, it didn't come out right.

So, she is both anti-Christian and anti-science? I am outraged, sir, outraged! :mad: I'm am so angry I could just spit! P'tui! <-- See?

If something is worth doing at all, it's worth doing well. :scan:

Gilbert Baker developed the rainbow flag as a symbol for the gay rights movement in '78.

Top Bottom