Your Code

Sodfather

Ancient Hitman
No offense, but the site's coding is horrendous. Properties in capital letters, no quotations around the values, almost everything about it is sloppy.

I'm definitely not suggesting that you try and change it now, with this huge site and all, but for the future, try and code properly. :sheep:

hehe... I used FrontPage 2000 to make the site. That program does add lots of junk codes here and there.

But who has the time to hand code pages nowadays? :p

Originally posted by joespaniel
Just tell him to sod-off, TF. ;)
:lol: I was thinking the same thing. (The joke, not seriously thinking it.)

Haha, easy boys.

TF, I haven't seen you post in ages; good to see you're still out and about. :)

Great job with the Civ Fanatics empire; this site is the main thing that kept me from making my own fansite about Civ. :p

By the way, I'm not some lil' b*tch who likes to point out negative things for fun, it's just that I recently got into the whole web standards deal. :(

As for FP, you should run for your life...Then again, that's where I learned to design pages from, so I guess it's kinda good.

And keep this site goin' forever, man, don't give up, even if it's a while before we see Civ IV. :p

Civ4 will come out early if byzantium is not in it (that includes cataphracts) as i will, in the name of the queen of all cities, launch a great new crusade to right the wrong of such a foul injustice served by the barbarous Atarians.....

also what is the big deal about coding (I'm not a computer person...) if it works it works right?

Originally posted by Xen

also what is the big deal about coding (I'm not a computer person...) if it works it works right?

But it isn't just a science, its an art. ;)
Seriously, there is a certain way coding should be done, so it stays neat and organized, but it isn't really necessary (usually).

Originally posted by MajorGeneral2
Seriously, there is a certain way coding should be done, so it stays neat and organized, but it isn't really necessary (usually).

That depends if you're the one writing it, or the one maintaining it.

I used frontpage once... and it destroyed an entire javascript code that I did for class... had to redo the entire thing. :(

so you keep code neat to help with upkeep then?

Yeah, if you write it in a structured way and organise it well you can come back to it much later and easily modify it.

Preaching is way different from practice though, I've worked as a programmer at 4 software companies and all of their code was very messy. Fixing bugs and enhancing it is tedious now, but 4 years ago it never seems a problem...

Without the code, CFC wouldn't be the same place we love and hate (probably to the same degree)...

Originally posted by Ohwell
It is indeed a rare phenomenon for someone to go to a site, actually look at the coding, and then tell the admin... "your code sucks".

I did that to one fansite (another game), but never did get a reply. Their code looked inverted... (one of the tables and graphics were supposed to move into place after the page loaded - sometimes it didn't) They did change the theme a few months later...

Originally posted by Padma
Well, that's what teachers are supposed to do. :p How else are you going to learn to do it right?

But some are more malicious about it than others. :p

Top Bottom