Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement ...

berserks01

Obviously Very Confused
Is anyone else getting this message post-patch?

Pre-patch I run the game fine without this message, but after installing the patch I get this message everytime I load the game up. But the game still runs fine, it's just that it automatically selects the lowest res and graphics in the options menu.

My system info :
1 gig ram
1.73 ghz cpu

It irks me so :mad:

For me this is the polar opposite of reality. I am running the game on my old 900mhz AMD Athalon with 512RAM and a 128mb video card. I have not seen this message at all nor have I had any problems running the game on the HIGH graphics setting. It makes me wonder though.

I didnt have any problems either i have 1.100MHz AMD along with 512mb and 256mb GeForce FX 5200.

I noticed my requirement barely meet for this, but still work!

Set ...

; Don't show minimum specification warnings
HideMinSpecWarning = 1

... in CivilizationIV.ini (probably in your "My Games" :mad: folder) and the message will go away.

I get the same message when I enter the main menu.

First I thought it was a fine gesture of Friaxis to change my graphic settings to "tweak" my computer for optimized playing...:)

But.. :confused: I am not allowed to force change the graphic settings, it says I have to restart the game for the settings to take affect....So I do. Back to square one. "Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement ... " and then resets everything back to the bare minimum.:mad:

Anyone have the same problem? and by some miracle a solution to this problem. (Don't say uninstall the patch) :mischief:

Just curious, what video card do you have?

Top Bottom