Your Fantasy US Football Team

Whomp

Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator
I thought it'd be fun to track our teams, help each other out with our knowledge and give a brief history of our leagues. I have two leagues so I will post last night's results. The other league is steeped in history and is going on its 19th year. The draft is Thursday.
League name: Joe Don Looney
Team Name: BA's Massive Whompus
Team History: BA's Massive Whompus has been the bridesmaid losing in three Joe Don Looney Bowls. The league has been around for six years.
Best Story:When a guy brought his girlfriend to the draft. Who does that? Needless to say, he was shamed out of the league.
Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's or TE's, 1 Def and 1 K.
Last night's draft:
I had the 12th of 12 picks. My strategy was to pick RB, RB and fade QB's.
Here's the order...
1. W. Magahee
2. Ah. Green (I got a lot of heat on this pick. The view from other owners is he's tired and Sherman is not a fan)
3. R. Wayne
4. J. Horn
5. D. Branch
6. T. Henry
7. M. Hasselback
8. Balt D
9. C. Pennington
10. J. McCarerins (possible double dip)
11. L. Gordon
12. V. Morency (D. Davis is pretty dinged)
13. B. Griese
14. Moe Williams
15. Nick Kaeding
16. Samie Parker
17. Mr. Irrelevant B. Jacobs of the NY football Giants
I have a tough division this year with Purple People (2nd last yr.), Hammertime (perrenially strong)and Butterballs (I think the weak link but he always wins the grind out 39-38 capers) in my division. What do you think of my team?

Let's post highlights and record as we go....

Yes this thread is American football specific.

Now for team two.
League name:Lakeshore Fantasy Football
Team Name: Wrigleyville Wreck (though I don't live in Wrigleyville anymore)
League and Team History: This is a league steeped in tradition going on its 18th year (scoring was done by hand back then). The big winner is the total points winner and we have a head to head as well. The Wreck has brought home the ring twice times (1990 and 1999) but has received the "golden dookie" award (1992 and 1995) twice. The famed toilet seat has been held by the Billygoats two years running. Not a good place to sit.
Interesting trend from the archives: In 1990 the league winner had 1252 points and last year's "golden dookie" award winner had 1251. How offenses have changed!
Scoring system and free agency: are very unusual so I won't get into it too much but long td's, catches, yardage, low yards given up by D's are all very good things. There are only four free agency periods. Free agency can be high risk strategy because it's by position and you must drop three to pick up three. (Julius Jones was thrown back in by the dookie winner after week 4 last year).
Starters: 2 QB, 3 RB's, 3 WR's or TE's, 2 Def and 1 K. You must have 4 QB's, 6 RB's, 6 WR's, 3 D's and 2 kickers. Period.
Last night's draft I had the 5th pick of 8 teams in what looks like a very balanced draft:
1. S. Alexander
2. D. McNabb
3. J. Walker
4. S. Jackson
5. Roy Williams
6. J. Plummer
7. W. Dunn
8. Da Bears D
9. F. Taylor
10. D. Driver
11. Den D (could be a mistake...ikes)
12. D. Mason
13. D. Carr
14. C. Chambers
15. St. Davis
16. St. L D (D's don't look so good for me)
17. S. Moss
18. L. Toefield
19. J. Wilkins
20. D. Bledsoe
21. M. Stover

I don't like a lot of coaching decisions and it looks like my WR's will need to be coached. My RB situation could be very interesting if St. Davis plays. I would have some nice trade bait. Some of the other teams are pretty thin.

Week One head to head is against the perrenial patsies Jackalopes.

Heres mine... we play 1 QB 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, I D & 1 K.

QBs: Green, Brooks, Carr
RBs: S. Alexander, Matin, Dillon, Dunn, Dominick Davis, C. Brown
WRs: Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Fitzgerald, Stallworth
TEs: McMichaels
Ds: Patriots
Ks: Stover

I already traded Hasselback for Chad Johnson, which might have been a small mistake.

I started Dillon over Martin this week and was sweating the decision last night until the second half.

Holy cow sweet looking team joycem! I see no holes and a phenomenal trade! How many teams? What's up with the Trent Green's leg? That doesn't not sound football positive but Brooks and Carr will get it done if it's a problem. Keep posting your progress as the season moves on. I see a championship in your future!!

Yeah, I got lucky in the draft generally and really lucked out to pick up Smith late. Its only an 8 team league, so everyone is pretty solid.

Still not sure about Chad Johnson. He runs his mouth too much and the football gods look dimly upon hubris.

1. S. Alexander
2. D. McNabb- bad game last night, but I think he's gonna have a heck of a year. The Eagles wanted to come out and emphasize the pass last night so I think that means they have a lot of faith in the passing attack. I dont think (hope may be a better word) the T.O thing will matter that much.
3. J. Walker- Ouch but at least you have Driver who'll see increased production
4. S. Jackson- Im high on him as well.
5. Roy Williams- Definitely not high on him. He'll have to show me something first, and he has a lot of competition for getting thrown to + Harrington (avg at best) pitching it to him.
6. J. Plummer- Im depending on him to get the ball to Lelie, and hopefully he'll improve his game
7. W. Dunn
8. Da Bears D
9. F. Taylor- a pretty dependable back. Hopefully he can get into the end zone more this year.
10. D. Driver- could be a great pick if Favre picks it up a bit.
11. Den D (could be a mistake...ikes)
12. D. Mason- not a bad game the other day.
13. D. Carr- he's going to improve I think.
14. C. Chambers- dont let the other day fool you. The miami offense sucks balls.
15. St. Davis- always liked the guy.
16. St. L D (D's don't look so good for me)
17. S. Moss
18. L. Toefield
19. J. Wilkins
20. D. Bledsoe- great pick in the 20 spot since you play 2 qbs. The 'boys might be pretty decent.
21. M. Stover

Yes sports fans. BA's Massive Whompus and Wrigleyville went down to humilitating defeats this week.

Hammertime beat Whompus in divionsional fame in a close Atlanta D(non kicking Akers) derived victory 49-46. The Ravens D, Ah. Green, R.Wayne and J. Horn all came up with fat goose eggs for me. Not good.

Wrigleyville on the other hand was joke in a 65.5 to 45.5 loss. This league also awards total points and the big score was 107.5. He has the Collins/Moss and Brady/Branch combo.
My bench scored more than the starters even though I start two D's. Not good. I need to coach this team since I have good players but sometimes that means coaching mistakes. Losing my #3 pick Javon Walker was a big blow. QB's are the real mystery here. Bledsoe great week but does it continue and is Denver really that bad?

Heres my team, the Office Linebackers. Victorious in Week One, they're going to try to build on their momentum against the Ragin' Rockets in Week Two. The game looks to be close.

Player
(team-pos)
Time- Expected Fantasy Points- Actual Points

QB D. McNabb
(Phi - QB) SF Sun
12:00 pm 17 0
WR I. Bruce
(StL - WR) @Ari Sun
3:05 pm 5 0
WR J. Galloway
(TB - WR) Buf Sun
12:00 pm 3 0
WR B. Stokley
(Ind - WR) Jac Sun
12:00 pm 4 0
RB J. Lewis
(Bal - RB) @Ten Sun
12:00 pm 8 0
RB S. Jackson
(StL - RB) @Ari Sun
3:05 pm 5 0
TE B. Troupe
(Ten - TE) Bal Sun
12:00 pm 0 0
K A. Vinatieri
(NE - K) @Car Sun
12:00 pm 9 0
DB A. Archuleta
(StL - DB) @Ari Sun
3:05 pm 7 0
DL Do. Edwards
(SD - DL) @Den Sun
3:15 pm 8 0
Total 66 0

QB B. Favre
(GB - QB) Cle Sun
3:15 pm 12 0
WR M. Harrison
(Ind - WR) Jac Sun
12:00 pm 7 0
WR M. Muhammad
(Chi - WR) Det Sun
WR Ro. Smith
(Den - WR) SD Sun
3:15 pm 5 0
RB D. Davis
(Hou - RB) Pit Sun
RB F. Taylor
(Jac - RB) @Ind Sun
12:00 pm 6 0
TE J. Putzier
(Den - TE) SD Sun
3:15 pm 1 0
K M. Stover
(Bal - K) @Ten Sun
12:00 pm 9 0
DB T. Polamalu
(Pit - DB) @Hou Sun
12:00 pm 6 0
DL R. Lewis
(Bal - DL) @Ten Sun
Total 67 0

On the bench are Keyshawn Johnson, Willie Parker (a halftime of the Pitt-TN game pickup), Dallas Clark, Ashlie Lelie, and Marcus Robinson. I will probably start Parker (against Hou), but the Q is to sit Jamal or Jackson? I think Jamal will get his first score or two this weekend, but Jackson looks good as well. Hopefully Parker has another stellar game and I can trade him for a nice WR (definite weak spot for me).

Killercane said:
I will probably start Parker (against Hou), but the Q is to sit Jamal or Jackson? I think Jamal will get his first score or two this weekend, but Jackson looks good as well. Hopefully Parker has another stellar game and I can trade him for a nice WR (definite weak spot for me).
I'd go Jamal over Jackson this week. Remember WR is always the position that a great free agent pops up.

My team is here but it is constantly changed.

Player (Team-Pos) Current Points
D. Bledsoe (Dal - QB) 20.87
D. Brees (SD - QB) 12.28
C. Dillon (NE - RB) 16.65
D. McAllister (NO - RB) 15.45
K. Johnson (Den - RB) 7.05
Ke. Johnson (Dal - WR) 15.25
P. Crayton (Dal - WR) 10.45
D. Jackson (Sea - WR) 9.25
D. Givens (NE - WR) 1.55
D. Northcutt (Cle - WR) 0.80
E. Kinney (Ten - TE) 2.90
J. Kleinsasser (Min - TE) 2.10
O. Mare (Mia - K) 11.00
A. Vinatieri (NE - K) 6.00
Philadelphia (Phi - DEF) 11.00
Dallas (Dal - DEF) 6.00

My league plays QB-RBx2-WRx2-TE-RB/WR-K-D

I'm still wondering who to start this week.

Im shying away from Keyshawn this week as he hasnt surpassed 4 or 5 TDs for the season in a few years and Week 1 was pretty lucky. That being said, you might have to start him again and hope unless you feel good about Northcutt or Givens.

Well Northcutt doesn't have an great QB throwing to him and the chances of a return TD are next to 1 in 8, so I'm not going to start him. He's mostly a potential if Cleveland starts rolling since he's their best WR. Givens is recovering from a chest injury and didn't seem to get open much against Oakland. I don't think he'll do more this week against Carolina, unless some news pops up and says otherwise before the game. I think Keyshawn might not catch but only one this week, but I think he'll be doing more than 4 or 5 this year. Bledsoe is a very under-rated QB, even though he got NFC Offensive player of the week, the news spots still think he won't repeat his performance last week. I'm not sure he will either, Chargers are known to be weak on Passing D. My biggest delima is Bledsoe or Brees. I'll start Jackson and Johnson for sure, but I'm still unsure about Crayton who I just picked up in hopes he is the real thing. I dumped Peter Warrick for himWarrick will be a number 3 also and a kick returner, but he is a gamble with injuries.

Who do you all like better at WR this week, Chad Johnson or Steve Smith. Also would you prefer Steven Alexander against a touch Atlanta D or Curtis Martin against a maybe tougher Miami D?

tjedge I'd bench Bledsoe this week. Wash D gave up only 17 in the air last year. Chargers D is not the Wash D...hence the 70% completion rate and 3 tds last week. Brees will have a field day against the Den D like Gus did. :rolleyes:
Joycem I say stay with Alexander and Ch. Johnson.

BA's Massive Whompus plays last year's runner up and this years favorite Purple People and start....
Hasselback vs Atl. or Pennington vs Mia
Ah Green vs Cle
McGahee @ TB Buf is 8-0 when he rushes for 100.
Branch @ Car
Horn vs NYG
Wayne vs Jac
Kaeding@ Den
Ravens @ Ten

Wrigleyville is (w)reeling in last place already but hopes to get healthy vs. perrenial powerhouse Sid Vicious. We have been out of the Sid era for 3 years now...he won it 3 straight prior to that.

McNabb and Plummer (Bledsoe benched per previous comments)
Alexander, St. Jackson, F. Taylor (W.Dunn benched again... :sad: )
Driver, Mason and Roy Williams (maybe S. Moss :confused: )
Wilkins
Da Bears and Seattle D

Bench Bledsoe? I don't like his chances against Washington either. But Brees going to Denver scares me. I think Champ is banged up so this may be the safest bet, and isn't Gates back now? Yes he is. Good call, thanks. Now that I did my research it's a no brainer. Brees is in and Bledsoe takes a seat this week.

joycem10 said:
Who do you all like better at WR this week, Chad Johnson or Steve Smith. Also would you prefer Steven Alexander against a touch Atlanta D or Curtis Martin against a maybe tougher Miami D?
I'd go with Johnson against the Vikes. Not sure how well he'll do, but S.Smith is probably going to get double covered a lot in the game against a deep secondary in NE.

I think Miami is better at covering backs than Atlanta. Stephen is also better when he gets rolling. I think Miami has a tougher D too, so go with Alexander.

Hey what do you guys think about my kickers.
Olindo Mare (MIA) 11 fan pts week 1 (1 20-29FG/1 40-49FG/4 PAT); at NYJ week 2
Adam Vinatieri (NE) 6 fan pts week 1 (1 20-29FG/3 PAT/1 P-Missed); at CAR week 2

Any ideas which might get more kicks if any or which team will score more TD's and get the kicker more points in PAT's? I like Vinatieri more, but against CAR, I could see a possibility of a low score game. I think Mare has the same issues this week. I think Mare will have more FG attempts maybe because NYJ are pretty good against the run and will stop MIA in the redzone more often. But can Miami do what they did last week? :help:

All the more reason why you'd want Vinateiri. NE will get in FG range but may stall a few times for FG's. I always go with the better offense especially in tough games.

OK my question are Wrigleyville related.
@RB W. Dunn, Jackson Taylor? Who gets benched?
@ WR Roy Williams or S. Moss?

Top Bottom