Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Rome

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Russia

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Spain

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
I play usually as a modded country, like for example the Confederate States of America. But I have played as Rome, America, Greece, Mongolia, and Russia... America is the best.

Am i the only one who is in love with mali?

They get a great early UU for defending cities and taking out barbarians and their traits are extremely helpful.

Switching to war time civics is never a hassle with spiritual and financial pretty much helps with everything.

I love mali. Financial is the bomb.

That is the first time i saw america spelled amarica.... :lol:

Rome. Praetorians, Organized, and starting with Mining (short hop to BW/IW) are all just awesome.

2nd choice: England, specifically Elizabeth. Financial is great of course, extra GP are fun, and those Redcoats just kick ASS.

I prefer the Indians. I rarely, if ever, use a civilization's unique unit to its fullest extent during the time period in which it is available. Thus, having the fast workers available from start to finish is pretty useful for me. It's about the only unique unit I use often. Except for maybe the Praetorians. I have to admit, the Romans have an awesome Unique Unit in terms of time period and strength. Still, I really admire the Spiritual leader trait. The ability to switch civics without anarchy is really useful in a pinch, which is why I prefer civs like the Indians, Spanish, and Malinese. Although, due simply to the Unique Unit, I prefer the Indians over the Malinese or Spanish. It's a mere coincidence that I'm practically Indian myself. :D

It used to be India (culture) but after my first game as Peter I came to the conclusions that Cossack's rock!!!

Highly situational as it depends what sort of game I am looking for...
Overall it would have to be India as that satisfies my inner builder but if I wan't to be more aggressive there are plenty of options. Those Keshiks and Cossacks are mighty tempting, although for some reason I have never enjoyed playing as Rome.

The Mongols. I love the history of Genghis Khan. The Keshik is a great UU and I love the aggressive/expansive combination. All in all I got hooked on civilization because of the Mongols (it's the reason why I lost interest in AoE3).

I play with Louis because he gets +2 cultural per city and +50% production on World Wonders, and I like playing for cultural (though it's still pretty difficult I think.)

But benefits aside, I like Catherine because she's a hottie. Haha. And I like being Queen Elizabeth because I think she's a cool ruler and English people have sweet accents.

I'd've voted Russia for the Creative+financia+cossacks but I rather like Persia, Immortals rock early game.

I like Arabia. Saladins leader traits suit my style of play the best and I think the Camel Archers are fairly cool.

Top Bottom