Your first "serious" game

Geez, I have no idea. Duck Hunt, maybe?

Some side scrolling jet fighter game for the Commodore 64.

My brother had a C64... I remember I liked this one as a 5/6 year old:

Here's a little quiz for ya! :D (Don't check the link :nono:)

Maniac Mansion, this was way before the time I even knew a single word of English. Thus I simply had my father translate the game commands for me and the occasional piece of dialog. Trial & error for the most part, but it was fun even if over 90 % of what was going on went completely over my head. :D

Bard's Tale III on the Commodore 64 :old:

Looks like a variant of Ikari Warriors.

Bard's Tale III on the Commodore 64 :old:

On that note, I remember playing BT 1 way too much and even having a character editor for it.

On that note, I remember playing BT 1 way too much and even having a character editor for it.

I used to watch my dad play that and wasteland all the time.

For me I think it was Impossible Mission. That game was ridiculously hard. The jumping was horrible.

Isnt that commando?

Lets see, I started playying HOMMII around 1998 back when I was four, I might have played some Games on my SNES before that though

Non kiddy game of any sort? Chess or Monopoly. First computer game (I was well past childhood at this point )? Empire, on a DEC-10 using a 300 baud terminal connection in 1981. :old:

I tried playing Sim City when I was a kid, but I didn't understand it.

Probably Civilization II or Rollercoaster Tycoon

First "non-kiddy" game? Well, I guess there was this really basic shoot 'em up game on a really ancient computer we had (the game might have run on tapes or something) that I remember playing at the age of 5 or 6. We kids didn't get to play it much though, because our parents worried about the violence. :rolleyes:

First "serious" non-kiddy game - if you exclude all the shareware, probably Command & Conquer: Red Alert. First game I bought, and well worth it too. Awesome fun. :)

Either Deadly Towers or Castlevania. I got them both at the same time with SMB/DuckHunt in 1987. I guess all 3 of those.

Indeed it was.

Maniac Mansion, this was way before the time I even knew a single word of English. Thus I simply had my father translate the game commands for me and the occasional piece of dialog. Trial & error for the most part, but it was fun even if over 90 % of what was going on went completely over my head.

Ever microwave the hamster? :mischief:

And I don't know...maybe Battleship for the SNES? Or one of the TMNT games for the NES....

Top Bottom