Your first "serious" game

Ever microwave the hamster? :mischief:

That I actually didn't discover until much later on when I actually could understand what it was all about myself. But after the first time, I decided against doing it again, as it was simply too cruel both to said hamster and to Ed. (I think the thing was that only Razor, out of all the possible 10 or so characters, would agree to do it.)

Also, there were better ways to get a character killed. Maybe it wasn't so smart showing the hamster's remains to Ed after the dirty deed was done. ;)

*sigh* It was a great pity that they didn't include so much replayability in Day of the Tentacle. The number of characters to choose from in Maniac Mansion, the different styles of play, different puzzles and different endings truly gave it loads of replayability value.

For me, probably Ogre Battle 64. On the PC, the game would be Diablo II.

Wing Commander. Came free with my first ever PC, and I was addicted to gaming from that moment onwards.

Simcity 2000.

Other early games were: SimFarm, AoE2 (best RTS ever) and RCT.

Age of Empire III

*tries to think hard if he has any games he wouldn't let children play*

Well for non-kiddy, Civilization II, although I think I first played it in 1996! Maybe 1997. There are few games I have I wouldn't let kids play, and even then that'd mostly just be based off how easily I think they could figure out how to play it.

1996? Wow I was 3... I feel small now.

I also remember on the Windows 95 (the one that lasted three days), it came with a CD of "getting started with Windows 95" or something. And there was a game on there where you were driving a car or something, but I kept crashing into walls.

Does anyone remember something like that? I think the CD is still laying around somewhere....

Civ I or Starflight (the 1986 version on a Tandy). There was also some sort of space station game on C64 that I remember as well...

Killer Instinct in 1998.
If that's not "serious" enough, then Age of Empires (2000).

Small games that came with computer magazines. Not on floppy discs, the code was printed inside the magazines, and you had to type it yourself in BASIC and then record it on a cassette.
I don't remember the titles.

One of the first titles I can recall, is Space Invaders and Parsec. (Both shoot'em ups.)

Civ 1 or Monkey Island. and still ranked in my top 10 favourites.

I also remember on the Windows 95 (the one that lasted three days), it came with a CD of "getting started with Windows 95" or something. And there was a game on there where you were driving a car or something, but I kept crashing into walls.

Does anyone remember something like that? I think the CD is still laying around somewhere....

I think I do, vaguely.

SimCity 2000 for me, or AoE. One of those -.-

Well, I played diablo II before either of those, but that was when I was a kid. Stopped playing after I saw Andariel...Yes, I got scared :blush:

Top Bottom