Your home page

Stevenpfo

Emperor
What does yours look like? I've been messing with a MyYahoo! homepage to see if I like it better. You can customize it. Does anyone else use anything similar?

Attachments

• home page.JPG
    home page.JPG
    412.9 KB · Views: 97
Oh, I like that one. Exactly the kind of reply I was looking for. Hopefully it supports yahoo mail.

Edit: Wow, this thing is 1000xs better than Yahoo!s

I did up a home page. I tried to get everything I use on it. I'm having problems with YouTube though. The wiki search conks out on some searches as well.

The only real problem I have is that it loads a bit slow for me. Does it do that for you as well?

Attachments

• home page 2.JPG
    home page 2.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 65
I use Firefox Start on this computer, and I have a custom Google homepage on my main one.

I finally got around to redoing mine. That other one was nice and smooth looking but it took forever to load and I was starting to avoid it. I was over setting up a g-mail account and made an igoogle start page. Here it is:

Attachments

• homepage.JPG
    homepage.JPG
    392.4 KB · Views: 78
My homepage is actually www.google.com.

However, I never get to see it because Firefox remembers all the tags I had open when I closed it, so it doesn't really matter. All the pages I visit regularly are in the Bookmark toolbar.

My homepage is actually www.google.com.

However, I never get to see it because Firefox remembers all the tags I had open when I closed it, so it doesn't really matter. All the pages I visit regularly are in the Bookmark toolbar.

The reason as to why I love Session Saver extension. I havent seen my homepage as the first thing in FireFox in nearly a year. (plain google page is what the homepage is btw ).

Technically it's http://portal.opera.com, but by default start up to Opera Speed Dial, so I never actually see my homepage. Could set it to Google but from Speed Dial I can just type "g whatever" to Google whatever, and Ctrl+1 (or 2, 3, 4) brings up all my most visited sites, so there's no point in setting one of them to the home page, especially since which one I want to visit first varies.

I could have Opera load to whatever I had up the last time, but I tend to get bunches of tabs up that I probably won't want the next time. Which would eventually require closing them. So it's easier to start from the beginning again.

Just set my secondary browser (in terms of most-used), IE, to Google over the default msn.com, and I've left my tertiary browser, Firefox, at the default home page. IE > Firefox because of compatibility, btw - if Opera doesn't run it, IE will. Firefox falls by the wayside, only use it for Photobucket and once in a long while Googlepages.

You do know Firefox has IE tab, and that IE is a lot less compatible than firefox? ( Firefox 2 on XP gets a 50 on the acid tests, while IE falls much farther below that ).

acid tests?

You do know Firefox has IE tab, and that IE is a lot less compatible than firefox? ( Firefox 2 on XP gets a 50 on the acid tests, while IE falls much farther below that ).

I know about the IE tab feature. But I doubt Firefox is actually more compatible (other than a few tests such as the acid test). Most of the pages that don't work with Opera don't work because they're specifically designed for IE. In which case I might as well just use IE.

Besides, I like Opera better than Firefox to begin with. Faster and better interface.

acid tests?

No, not trippin' up on the LCD...:shake:

Acid compatibility is irrelevant when a page is written *for* IE - which is generally the only time an Opera user needs to open another browser. I used to keep FF installed for those pages, but decided that it was pretty pointless.

I know about the IE tab feature. But I doubt Firefox is actually more compatible (other than a few tests such as the acid test). Most of the pages that don't work with Opera don't work because they're specifically designed for IE. In which case I might as well just use IE.

Besides, I like Opera better than Firefox to begin with. Faster and better interface.

Whatever, preference of browser is personal choice, and Im not about to go trying to convert you to FireFox.

But I am:

Convert to Firefox, ye Microsoft slaves and Opera addicts and Safari junkies, Navigator standbys and Lynx nerds. Get with the program!

Top Bottom