1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your most annoying Civ/Leader

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by General McUgly, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Danierokon

Danierokon Chieftain

1. Suleiman.
    Always steals calendar from me, ALWAYS, despite the fact that he was the first to hit Renaissance...
    When he is in the game even if it is an unidentified spy stole calendar from me, I know it's him.

2. Alex
    Turn 7 - Meet Alex
    Turn 8 - "I couldn't help but notice how pathetic you are..."
    And the fact that he is always one of the biggest threat in the game makes it even worse

3. Elizabeth
    Turn 28 - Meet Elizabeth
    Turn 29 - DENOUNCED!
    Someone needs to go to charm school...

2. Naudilent

Naudilent Chieftain

Alex, yes, very pesky. Pacal always seems to show up and spams wonders and missionaries with abandon. I love playing Poland, but Casimir is a beast of an opponent. Cities all over the map and a lot of wonder spam as well.

3. Yoyo29L

Yoyo29L Chieftain

Screw Spain. All they do is spy on you and even when you forgive them, they still flippin' spy on you again! GOD DAMN YOU ISABELLA!!!

4. Plasmawolf55

Plasmawolf55 Chieftain

Atilla, Atilla... The production powerhouse who destroyed 3 civs on his continent, crushing me and everybody else in the World Fair and International games, only to DoW everybody 10 turns later. Then you have Shaka, Atilla's little brother...
    Shaka will DoW you. Shaka will be an annoyance. Shaka will either win domination before everybody gets replaceable parts, or get crushed right after.

5. sendos

sendos Immortal

Civs I hate because:
    - they're potential warmongers: Attila (obviously), Shaka (obviously), Genghis and Suleiman
    - Expansionists: Shoshone, any civ that forward settles on me by founding a city about 40 tiles away from their capital near my capital where I'm about to settle, very often happens in emperor level.

6. jlim201

jlim201 King

Isabella, the hostile one.

7. MantaRevan

MantaRevan Emperor

Elizabeth. I don't think she's ever been friendly with me legitimately. Why program an AI that hates the player for existing? What's more, why make it Elizabeth? Why not some isloationist civ hostile to the outside world like Japan?

8. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Turn 40 - WAR!

Turn 50 - Discover Elizabeth's land, her capital is on the other side of the continent, and she hasn't sent a single unit towards you yet.

9. Sturmgewher88mm

Sturmgewher88mm Kaiser

1) Alexander: hates you for existing, and constant thorn in your side until someone gets wiped out.
    2) Pedro: spying and backstabbing.
    3) Enrico: eating up your CS allies and always asking for help.
    4) Catherine + Elizabeth: give her one reason to hate you, and she'll never like you again.
    5) Oda: so violent, this one..

10. Scirocco16V

Scirocco16V Warlord

Elizabeth.
    I usually start out friendly with her, have even had declarations of friendship, but it never, ever lasts.

So far Hiawatha doesn't seem to spam cities as much with the new patch.

11. Workman

Workman Chieftain

Askia, stop swarming me with Great Prophets and Missionaries! You too Haile Selassie, though I get the feeling I'd hate you a lot more if I ever tried domination victories.

Attila. Yeah, I know Monty and Shaka are the obvious choices, but they're both so hammy it's impossible not to love them. Atilla though, he's not hammy, he's just spammy, particularly with those Battering Rams of his.

I used to hate Alex a lot more in Vanilla and G&K. But these days he doesn't seem to seem to get all of the city states in his iron grip like he used to. Maybe It's just because ever since BNW came out there hasn't been a single game where I haven't taken Patronage.

"God Dammit Haiwatha! Why did you have to settle that tiny chunk on land on the edge of my continent! It's like fifty tiles from your other cities and it looks ugly just sitting there clashing with my borders!" Yeah... suffice to say I am very happy about the Fall Patch making the AI more pensive about which spots it settles. That should definitely help to curb Haiwatha's excesses.

12. Andra Bullar

Andra Bullar Chieftain

Alexander, hands down. I angrily clench my fist every time I encounter him in a game because I know he'll ally every single city state and make life hell for me in general. So I usually start planning how I'm going to conquer his lands right away.

13. Fredgerd

Fredgerd Warlord

Pachacuti has backstabbed me, sneak attacked me, or otherwise been a jerk every time I've had him in game with me. So he ranks number one for me on my list of least favorite AIs

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd pick Suleimon. Dude has been my bro in every game I've encountered him in, excluding domination games, in which case I attacked him and he has every reason to not be my bro.

14. Sturmgewher88mm

Sturmgewher88mm Kaiser

Suleiman back stabbed me once, when I had a single military unit, but luckily I was rich enough to spam Landsknechts :D
    Surprisingly, he's really cool if you're a warmonger.

15. LeTigidou

LeTigidou Chieftain

Rusha , as in she's always rushing BS my way. Tired of her. She'll start 20 tiles away from me and will beeline ghetto cities towards my capital (All ai's do that but she seems worse). Then she'll grab eastern orthodoxy and flood my lands with prophets (which seem to cost a big whopping 5 faith or something wtf). She almost ignores missionaries , goes for prophets all the time. Like , whoa lady , your ghetto does NOT produce enough faith for that so stop cheating so bad.

16. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

Flipping Alexander. If Bismark and Washington are a 7 on a scale of 1-10, that puts Alex at about 20. Just got out of a nightmare game with that jerk. Double DoW on turn 60 with Mongolia. I manage to hold it off long enough to make peace with Mongolia. I'm finally able to beat back Greece since it is no longer a two front war. I make it to turn 100, then he rushes back in with muskets and trebs, flips the nearest CS into alliance, and I lose two cities--one to the CS, one to Alex. Quit the game in an angry rage.

He won't ever sign peace unless he loses half his empire, and you cannot realistically do that until much later on Deity, so an early Greece DoW = war for the entire game.

17. VitruvianMan

VitruvianMan Chieftain

In general, I really don't like the AIs at all, because I know they're all planning to stab you in the back after they're done being friends with you. But the number one civ I'm more annoyed with is the danish; I'm researching writing, and all of the sudden the a-hole bluetooth sends all his warriors towards my city (and I barely started playing).

18. PhroX

PhroX Emperor

Yeah, Augustus is an annoying bastard. He rarely seems to attack me or anything, just puts his cities in the most annoying places. At least Shaka has the decency to kill you. Gus just leaves you stuck in a corner with no land....

19. njmfff

njmfff Prince

Elizabeth - one of the weirdest AIs in the game. If I get "guarded" diplo with her, I'm lucky. Settles right in front of my capital then keeps complaining not to settle near her cities. Then she denounce, declares war and wait for her CS to do the dirty work. It's one of those civs that I just love to stomp.

Ethiopia - Spams cities like crazy and loves to spam his missionaries and prophets all the time. If I want religion in my game, I usually like to cripple him very early on.

Oda - Turn 15, he already dropped city next to my capital. Turn 25, he already dropped another. DOWs, attacks. And he's one of the weird AIs, he is always at war, but you better not DOW anyone, because he will brand you "warmonger" and remain hostile until the end of the game.

Alex - the only AI that seems to have some brains and logic. I will rarely go into conflict\war with him early game, but I love paying up other AIs to attack him. Usually they don't do much, but at least they slow down his permanent CS allaying.

Siam - "I love to beat up my neighbors but you better not DOW anyone, or else I am gonna hate you till the end of the game". Plus, he's a wonder spammer and usually brutalize with culture.

Isabella - she's more of "annoying little sister" type of AI then any real threat. Not very bright, even when odds are on her side (like having few NW in her land). I see that she likes to bully Venice, but fails to conquer Venice EVERY SINGLE TIME (even in early game).

Napoleon - he's not much of a threat because he likes to attack early on so he is easily fend off, but he attacks all the time with no real benefit. He just kills off my trade routs and breaks research deals. But hey, he likes to give me lot of luxuries and GPT for peace deals, so, go on, be annoyance.

Hiawatha - Wonder spammer, city spammer. Backstabber. Likes to bully and beat up weaker civs.

Ramses - very cranky guy, usually "neutral" diplo at most. Likes to spam wonders and spread his stupid religion (usually useless)

Bismark - Very annoying, will denounce for no real reason. Will DOW then do nothing, or attack with his UU in Atomic era!? (seriously!?)

William - annoying guy that usually hates your guts, but will never attack. He'll try to undermine you with World Congress, like banning every single luxury you have. Sneaky bas. :lol:

Harald - cranky guy that rarely does anything useful. I've often seen him spawning right next to Attila and gets eaten alive.

Askia - The Freedom Culture guy that still tries to take over the world. If he stays alive long enough, he manages to place his 4th city. :lol:

Babylon - cranky guy. Hates me from turn 1 we meet. Places his cities on some stupid location and never really uses his HUGE advantage with GS. :O.O:

20. Tatzelworm

Tatzelworm Chieftain

Alexander:
    Keeps spawning right next to my capital and stealing my land and CS.

Attila:
    Declares war on turn 3, brings loads of horse archers, swordsmen and catapults up to my cities and leaves them for me to destroy w/out attacking. Then I have to steamroller over him and get no-one to trade with until Caravels.

Dido:
    Pretends to be friends, backstabs and then avoids my forts by marching straight across the mountains.

Enrico:
    ALWAYS denounces me for no reason, eats all my city states, and has China to defend him. ALWAYS!!!!!!!