Z-UI Recoloring Assets

Yep... i had to update the "Contacts/Friends" list, sorry about that.

But thanks for the Questioning openness, if i ever feel the need for some tricky explanation(s) or help (Mostly LUA logic as it pertains to explicit anomalies within CiV encoding...in fact, after having searched EXTREMELY hard by myself for solutions, don't worry) i'll certainly use the PM pipelines to gather focused & completed details before interrupting your RifE tasks or anything else more important.

Isn't that stuff for Civ4, only?

Just thought I'd say thanks for these! They really are great! I know they're just small changes, but they've really made a difference. Thanks again. :goodjob:

Such feedback is always appreciated, thanks!

I'm currently working on a number of additional assets;

-- The icons (Levels, Maps, etc) found in the individual zips on page one which will be added to v3. (HOF is much more "Readable", that way)
-- Green_Blueish_Yellow & Golden_Magenta_Blacky combo sets to provide some diverse UIs.
-- Polynesia-DLC SP tags to match with the Reddish framework as found in GSR.
-- Recoloring of a few more Panel buttons such as what was done with the Advisors, Policies & Globe-Diplo.
-- Finding a silly EntryPoints call (or anything else undocumented by devs!) to prevent the currently enforced DX9 folder switch.

Glad you're enjoying my work... i'm not done yet! :D

Only some rumors that ModBuddy resources would receive a complete overall in key-components to indirectly serve as "external pointers" to the DLL source.
I'd guess they want to use their own integrated environment rather than LUA patching (etc) while keeping memory-stacks space away from modders' control.

Hi, where do I download dark/red UI?
I can't find a zip file on this site :/

thanks, I've downloaded that through "MODS".
it downloaded a file *.civ5mod into mods folder...
but how do I enable that downloaded file?
thanks.

Once "installed"... all the files in the Resource/DX9 folder (of MODS) must be moved to the corresponding DX9 folder of the game within the usual SteamApps directory structure as explained in the provided *_readme.txt which instructions should be followed exactly as stated.

Two questions:
1)If I just want the DiploCornerTrio, how would I apply the files? I attempted putting the files contained in that zip in the Resource/DX9 folder, but nothing changed. I also noted that all of the other files in that folder were in the .fpk format. Is there a particular .fpk that the files should be unpacked to?

2)In the future, would you consider recoloring the UI of each Civ in the manner that you did the Grey/Red? I think it would be amazing to be able to play Rome with the Purple/Yellow.

1) That's odd. Since the stand-alone "pack" still doesn't require the virtual toggle that pre-compiled MOD have to declare for some files. FPK are simple archives of defaults which gets over-ridden by extra files inserted into Resource/DX9 folder.
Do a test for me... unpack the recolored 1-8 difficulty levels zip.
Exit the game and reboot - and see if these show up in the settings menu.
They should be automatically listed in the DB-cache while the engine had to be made aware of their presence in that folder. The Diplo-Corner icons should be allocated similarly.

2) Huge undertaking. The DDS format is a texturing container that parses each files individually. So when the boot process allocates "alternate" UI elements (such as mine or otherwise, btw), it has to stack them in run-time slots for *current* use.
I had worked on a pre-coding menu to attach various UI packages six months ago but i soon realized their resources call-functions didn't provide for moddable activation within vanilla pre-loads. The memory space is indirectly, off-limits.

Another reason (good, i guess) why we need the DLL to snap customized hooks to our procedural assets, btw.

Since the workaround solution that allocated dds files in the DX9/Folder has been denied by the latest beta patch v1674 & the import to VFS feature in ModBuddy doesn't recognize essentially anything at random to "recolor" the UI and most of its assets... this MOD stops right here & now until Firaxis coders provide me with the actual hook function to the Front-End loading process.

:mad::mad::cry:

G&K expansion could have been sooooooo much fun to play in a customized interface.

Found (all by myself, without ANY reply from Dennis or Shaun) yet another workaround solution for this UI mod.
I would have preferred a *REAL* hook to the front-end routine but since it seems Firaxis staff wont collaborate with me...

As stated in the Steam Workshop thread;

1) Create a new folder Z-UI into the following location of your Civ5 Steam-Apps; */assets/DLC/Expansion/UI/**here**.
2) Copy or move most if not all files from my "Resource/DX9" folder to the above.
3) The loading process might be a little longer than usual, but the memory stack will acknowledge any these overrides.
4) I'll supply a few extra files (Espionage Icons, PopUps headers & Framework, etc) to complete the new assets with the next version.

Top Bottom