Zerg

razzach

Warlord
How do I create a new terrain? I want to create a Zerg civilization (from Starcraft) :p
But the Zerg's spread Creep Lands - so I want to make it that the Zerg workers can't upgrade surrounding lands without the Creep spreading there.

Also, I do not know what python/dll handles the Terrain spread (like the Haunted lands). Consequently, I can do this like Temple of Hand of Illians - a building that spread a certain terrain. Thanks!

This would be interesting.

The zerg don't really fit, but something along those lines would be nice. A civ made of strange beasts.

Yeah. I love the idea of having a pool of zerg lava that can evolve to any thing - only dependent on Buildings in Zerg Nest :)

Can the Zerg graphics on Starcraft be skinned and used in Civ 4?

I'm not sure. Does Starcraft use sprites or polygons? (Whatever, I am not a graphics guy...) I like the idea of Zerg making appearance. Not just copying them from Starcraft but taking some of the concepts. Such as a hive-mind/collective/central brain/whatever. No individuality. So at least no great people. And zerging tactics. Massive hordes wearing the enemy down. They will have to produce units very quickly. Using the 'warrens' method, creating more than one unit at a time. Perhaps also using only the first ring like Jotnar, that'd be a huge number of cities making units. As it is a hive and not a bunch of dumb bureaucrates, city maintenance might nearly non-existent.

Cute beasts are a good idea, but not too significant.

I'm pretty certain starcraft is 2d and so doesn't use models and stuff.

WC3 definatly does use 3d models though. Actually, I believe there is a terran marine and a zerg hydralisk buried somewhere in the wc3 or expansion files.

Google around for starcraft mods for other games. I would be suprised if someone somewhere hadn't already made starcraft models for some long dead mod, try to find them.

Edit: Anyway, sounds like an awsome idea I hope it works :D

I know Warcraft 3 graphics can be used in Civ (See Yvain) but I have no idea about Starcraft. I'm very tempted to say it's too old, however... Would be entertaining to see something like the Zerg in civ. :lol:

Warcraft has modelled units of almost all combat units from starcraft, there're even "custom maps" like starcraft.

There are Starcraft models for zergling, hydralisk and marine, and an orc in a firebat suit included in Warcraft III by default. There are plenty of Starcraft custom models for Warcraft III out there too.

Top Bottom