Votes: 2 9.1%
  • less than standard Zoom

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I change wildly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hans99

Warlord
One Question that interests me since a long time is, what standard zoom level do you use when you play ?

I personally play with "max. zoom" on a 23" Flat

Between Max and Standard for me

SHIFT Z . . . . . whatever that is called.

shift z or very occasionally cntrl z. Anything else is a pixilated mess.

Always on standard unless I need to zoom out for an overview, but then I go straight back to standard. A friend has his laptop connected to a large flatscreen TV and when you have it on standard zoom you can see almost the entire map whereas on my PC monitor you can only see a section of the map. I would love to have a giant screen at home!

Standard zoom, but will zoom in and out when practical. I think the game looks too pixellated at high zoom levels, and I find it easier to navigate the map when I'm zoomed out. Considering the number of zoomed-in screenshots I've seen, I would've thought almost everyone in the SL played on high zoom.

I always plays on standard zoom because the graphics are looking best on this zoom level. I don´t like it when they are too pixellated or slushy

I used to play with standard (shift+z) back in the day when I was on 1024x768, but on a 1920x1200 laptop only max zoom (ctrl+z) is playable. Intermediate zooms are horribly ugly as Civ2 has a dumb (but quick, important in 1994) resizing algorithm.

Top Bottom