Zulu Discussion

Based on what we know:
The Impi will perform a ranged attack first and then a melee attack in direct succession.

The two will work under standard rules, so the impi won't get damage during the ranged attack and it will for the melee.

I'm kind of looking forward to doing a Zulu Autocracy diplo victory. It sounds amusing.

Isn't that because the armour became too expensive to forge compared to the protection it offered?

Not so much the cost but solely on the fact that a suit of armor didn't protect you from musket balls (it actually made it worse since the ball would penetrate the front plate then ricochet off the back interior and re-enter the chest cavity on many occasions). On top of not protecting the user, it was also very heavy and would weight them down but, unlike against swords, there wasn't a trade off of speed vs. protection against muskets. It was essentially two shots in the foot for the armored knights so they stopped wearing heavy armor that wouldn't protect them anyways.

The Impi's Spear Throw only applies when it's attacking another unit. With the various promotions and the Honor SPs... I do no see them as a Civilization... but as an elemental force of nature.
Fear the Zergs Zulus.

George Takei recently posted this on Facebook. I thought everyone here might like a good laugh while we wait for the download to start.

Impi are Pikemen replacements, yet upgrade to Riflemen per the Civiliopedia.

1) Impi's are amazing units and might just be one of the top 5 units in the game
2) Ikanda upgrades rule - basically adding +1 movement (3 move Impi = power) - Flank Bonus + Cover Bonus to all Melee units. Zulu really has turned out to be a better Germany for early aggression.

Did a lot of messing around thus far, but i'm going to put in a real Zulu game next - i'm really liking Shaka thus far; VERY aggressive.

I just started a game with Zulu and noticed that I'm not getting the discount on my units the way I am supposed to as set out in the UA. I have 11 units @ 1.17g each for a total of 14gpt. Or is the discount worked into that total? How do I tell?

I think the Zulu are fun to play, if only because of the unique upgrades and city names. (I like Zulu phonology.)

Top Bottom