1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Zulu Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ShahJahanII, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Bakspatel

Bakspatel Prince

2. omnishakira

omnishakira Warlord

do you guys know if the impi will attack twice also if he's getting attacked ?

3. Ryoga

Ryoga King

Based on what we know:
    The Impi will perform a ranged attack first and then a melee attack in direct succession.

The two will work under standard rules, so the impi won't get damage during the ranged attack and it will for the melee.

4. A Rabid Dopsis

A Rabid Dopsis Warlord

Seems unlikely. You usually defend with your combat strength alone.

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm kind of looking forward to doing a Zulu Autocracy diplo victory. It sounds amusing.

6. Tsar NicholasII

Tsar NicholasII Prince

Not so much the cost but solely on the fact that a suit of armor didn't protect you from musket balls (it actually made it worse since the ball would penetrate the front plate then ricochet off the back interior and re-enter the chest cavity on many occasions). On top of not protecting the user, it was also very heavy and would weight them down but, unlike against swords, there wasn't a trade off of speed vs. protection against muskets. It was essentially two shots in the foot for the armored knights so they stopped wearing heavy armor that wouldn't protect them anyways.

7. Tsar NicholasII

Tsar NicholasII Prince

I don't thinks so. The Impi are supposed to be offensive units.

8. Ogrelord

Ogrelord Prince

The Impi's Spear Throw only applies when it's attacking another unit. With the various promotions and the Honor SPs... I do no see them as a Civilization... but as an elemental force of nature.
    Fear the Zergs Zulus.

9. Monthar

Monthar Deity

George Takei recently posted this on Facebook. I thought everyone here might like a good laugh while we wait for the download to start.

10. Ogrelord

Ogrelord Prince

:spear: <--- this is not a spearman, this is Ikanda trained Impi with 5 promotions. :eek:

11. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Shaka has the best theme music in all of Civ V. Who else has his/her name being constantly mentioned in his/her music? uShaka! uShaka!

12. Eagle Pursuit

Impi are Pikemen replacements, yet upgrade to Riflemen per the Civiliopedia.

13. HardRocker

HardRocker Student.

Did they change what pikeman upgrades to? I don't have it yet.

14. mabalogna

mabalogna Warlord

1) Impi's are amazing units and might just be one of the top 5 units in the game
    2) Ikanda upgrades rule - basically adding +1 movement (3 move Impi = power) - Flank Bonus + Cover Bonus to all Melee units. Zulu really has turned out to be a better Germany for early aggression.

Did a lot of messing around thus far, but i'm going to put in a real Zulu game next - i'm really liking Shaka thus far; VERY aggressive.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Nope. Pikes still upgrade to Lancers. Impi are different.

16. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

I just started a game with Zulu and noticed that I'm not getting the discount on my units the way I am supposed to as set out in the UA. I have 11 units @ 1.17g each for a total of 14gpt. Or is the discount worked into that total? How do I tell?

I think the Zulu are fun to play, if only because of the unique upgrades and city names. (I like Zulu phonology.)