Civ VI is NOW PRELOADING.

Guys can i just ask a question in this thread? Is it too late to pre-order and get Aztec civ? It seems to be still avaliable but seems silly now just a few days before release... I can only get on steam, as my region is not avaliable on the civilization.com store.

Guys can i just ask a question in this thread? Is it too late to pre-order and get Aztec civ? It seems to be still avaliable but seems silly now just a few days before release... I can only get on steam, as my region is not avaliable on the civilization.com store.

They're still advertising it, so yes.

It's not too late.

Yep, you can preorder and get the Aztecs up until the very hour of its release

Do you know how it is? 3,9gb is downloaded, 12gb or more free space on hard disk is in system requirements. We download compressed data and/or there will be some extra download before game starts?

This pre-download is not a full game. Maybe it's a pre-release version or whatever...

Thank you very much! Feels a bit like cheating but I don't mind :D
Soon I will be pre-loading too!

It likely is the full game. It will expand during the unlock (think decryption)

Then pre-downloading this now is not fun. Maybe it'd be a 5 minutes time saver for me.

just got my key from GMG, Digital Deluxe+aztec preorder bonus. pre-loading now. cant wait, Firaxis marketers certainly now how to build the hype just before release.

Cool, this means, for anyone with a VPN, if you can connect to Japan, Signapore, China, India, Australia, Korea, or New Zealand, you can unlock the game significantly earlier.
Here are the times...

North America:
  • 9:00am Thursday 20th for PST
  • 10:00am Thursday 20th for MST
  • 11:00am Thursday 20th for CST
  • 12:00pm Thursday 20th for EST
  • 1:00pm Thursday 20th for AST
Europe:
  • 4:00pm Thursday 20th for WET
  • 5:00pm Thursday 20th for CET
  • 6:00pm Thursday 20th for EET
  • 7:00pm Thursday 20th for MSK
If you don't have a VPN service, you can use OpenVPN for free, which uses Private Tunnel. They have a server in Hong Kong that should work. I doubt you'll get great speeds, and there's a 2gb limit, but if you pre-load you shouldn't need much to unlock it.

Just keep in mind that while there's nothing wrong with unlocking the game via VPN, absolutely do not purchase the game while connected to another region. This is against Steam terms of service and can get your account in trouble.

Last edited:
Just got my GMG key, although they didn't send me an email...I had to login on their site to get it. Anyhoo...preloading now! :D

preload.PNG

Do you know how it is? 3,9gb is downloaded, 12gb or more free space on hard disk is in system requirements. We download compressed data and/or there will be some extra download before game starts?
Yes, it is compressed, and encrypted, data. At release day it will be unencrypted (takes a while) and uncompressed.
But often there's also a day 1 patch to download as well.

Top Bottom