[BtS] Diversica

Is it recommended to install all the optional civ's as well? Thank you for your hard work.

You are welcome.

Whether you install them is entirely up to you, they are definitely optional and not required by anything else. Depending on the PC and size of maps you play you might want to cut down on the number of civs (but probably more importantly on the additional leaders), I cannot really give you hard numbers here though.

I decided to use just the Iroquois and Vietnamese from the extra civs and things are going nicely. Has anyone mentioned the scouts 'skating', as in they glide around without moving their limbs? I saw this a few times in my game. Thanks again.

It is the first time I hear this. Can you tell me which civs this happened for ?

Just wanted to point out a few things I've noticed, I haven't seen it reported yet so maybe its only me. But see the event log at the top, the Israelite spearman animation, the "Judaism decal" (it shows up as the Aluminum Corporation). These are all mistakes I noticed. I accidentally cut out the score list too, but every religion shows up as Judaism (I did this because originally I was going to post this image in Bakuel's thread, but then I realized maybe you just put down the wrong animation).

Also Polynesia's flag just shows up as green.

Hopefully this helps, cool mod though, I've been playing it a lot despite these issues.

Just wanted to point out a few things I've noticed, I haven't seen it reported yet so maybe its only me. But see the event log at the top, the Israelite spearman animation, the "Judaism decal" (it shows up as the Aluminum Corporation). These are all mistakes I noticed. I accidentally cut out the score list too, but every religion shows up as Judaism (I did this because originally I was going to post this image in Bakuel's thread, but then I realized maybe you just put down the wrong animation).

Also Polynesia's flag just shows up as green.

Hopefully this helps, cool mod though, I've been playing it a lot despite these issues.

Thanks, the spearman issue is the spearman / phalanx ambiguity we had just discused in Bakuel's thread.

The flag did work, so I wonder how I screwed that one up :sad:

The icon and religion issue is most likely a WoC issue as I never did mess with the font or religions / python. So I will have to forward that one to the WoC team.

EDIT: appears to be an error in my integration of WoC rather than WoC itself.

Ah, I wish I had paid more attention to what nation it was with the skating scouts. I'll check again and see if I spot it.

Also, I installed the Aug 6 2009 patch that was uploaded, and when I started a new game I got error messages related to optional civs that I didn't install. For example I got an error message for the nubian spearman. Should I delete the mod and re-install? Thanks.

Also, I installed the Aug 6 2009 patch that was uploaded, and when I started a new game I got error messages related to optional civs that I didn't install. For example I got an error message for the nubian spearman. Should I delete the mod and re-install? Thanks.

I did not expect people to get errors, but after giving this some thought, I now have figured out why you get them.

It is not from these definitions themselves, they are just unused art definitions for people who do not have the civs installed (which do not cause any errors), it is because I did not include the schemas. So when the (unused) file is being read, it tries to find the schema (which would have been installed along with the civ) and since it cannot find it, it complains about that.

This does not really cause issues down the line, so you can simply ignore the messages. As it still is a nuisance, I will reissue a fix with the schemas included.

In the meantime you can get rid of them by going to the Assets\Modules\ArtStyles\Civilizations directory and deleting all subdirectories which only contain 1 or 2 files, these were the corrections for civs you do not actually have installed and which now miss their schemas.

Hehe, the perils of actually releasing an installer which allows for modularization :)

Here is the fixed bugfix with the schemas included. That should solve the error messages.

Never tried this, but in theory it should work. Just make sure you both have the same sub-modules installed.

Hi, I haven't been able to try it yet. But I did see the skating scouts again, this time they were mine as Babylon.

That was fast, thanks! Hopefully that fixes it for most if not all of them. I had another question, is it possible to somehow merge BUG mod into Diversica myself without much trouble? Thanks again.

Top Bottom