[BtS] Diversica

Thanks for keeping all of this up to date with the RevDCM module. I really expected it to be lagging behind like many of the older mods, but was pleasantly surprised! Nice work!

Hi all
Good job. Lots of diversity and differences between civs.
Is it possible to add some new civics and religions?
To my mind, this mod would gain from it very much.
Thank you

Is it possible, yes, will I do so, not sure ;)

So far I stayed away from them, for religions there aren't really any I consider missing, civics I considered for a while but ultimately was not sure about how they would affect the balance. I might revisit civics however and make them optional ;)

Running this the first time I encounter a strange issue with the leaderhead discussions, where there's no text or options in the dialogue box. Is this a known issue?

Thank you for answering.
Unfortunately, I have seen a bug which doesn't alter the game but is making me angry.
The diplomacy sounds doesn't work because every leaderheads have the same boring sound.:cry:
I know this wasn't meant to be because i have located the soundfiles present but i don't understand why they don't work.
By the way, i have fixed a bug with the polynesian aknowledgment. Every time i cliked on them, a message appeared on the top saying could not open polynesian sound file....
In order to fix it, i have simply changed the number which was after 1 (correct ones are from 0 to 9 or less. :)
To add, the french rider has a bug, riders are turned on the right while their horse is standing normally!:rolleyes:

For Blueblood, i have seen this error from time to time depending on the leaders who were added in a mod like that, it occured frequently and i think we should look at the diplomacy text in the xml files in order to fix it.

Keep up the good work:goodjob:

Unfortunately, I have seen a bug which doesn't alter the game but is making me angry.
The diplomacy sounds doesn't work because every leaderheads have the same boring sound.:cry:

not sure why that is, all the files are correct as far as I can tell.
Just looked into the files a bit and under Assets/Audio there is another Audio folder, maybe that screws things up (did not try for now), in any case it does not belong there and can / should be deleted.

By the way, i have fixed a bug with the polynesian aknowledgment. Every time i cliked on them, a message appeared on the top saying could not open polynesian sound file....
In order to fix it, i have simply changed the number which was after 1 (correct ones are from 0 to 9 or less. :)

Not sure what you did there.The sound files are under Assets\Sounds\Units\Polynesia and they are numbered 001 to 009, so not sure what you mean by 'number after 1'.
Will have to check this

To add, the french rider has a bug, riders are turned on the right while their horse is standing normally!:rolleyes:

Will have to look into that, right now it appears the nif file is different from the Danrell one, not sure if it got corrupted

I meant the polynesian sounds were from 001 to 009 while the others were 000 to 008 for example, finding it curious, I changed the numbers from 000 to 008 for the polynesians and it worked.

For the diplosounds i am going to give it a try
Thank you for your answsers and keep up the good work!!!

For the diplosounds, I cut and pasted files from the extra audio to the real audio and deleted the useless one but it changed nothing.

Simple question, have you planned to add some more leaderheads?if yes wich of them?i would say that I miss some of them for my second world war games.

I meant the polynesian sounds were from 001 to 009 while the others were 000 to 008 for example, finding it curious, I changed the numbers from 000 to 008 for the polynesians and it worked.

For the diplosounds i am going to give it a try
Thank you for your answsers and keep up the good work!!!

Yes, renumbering from 000 to 00x instead of 001 to 00x+1 solved that

I also fixed the french horseman, the nif must have been corrupted, taking Danrells original nif again fixed that.

Not sure what the issue with the diplosounds is, they were working at some time and have not really changed since.

For the diplosounds, I cut and pasted files from the extra audio to the real audio and deleted the useless one but it changed nothing.

Simple question, have you planned to add some more leaderheads?if yes wich of them?i would say that I miss some of them for my second world war games.

Generally speaking I add new leaderheads as they become available, assuming I like the LH quality wise.

Right now I have all of them in that I like enough to put them in. Any in particular you are looking for ?

For the diplosounds, I hope we will find a solution.
For the leaderheads yes, I know they already exist and was disappointed some of them were missing in DIVERSICA
In fact, I would have seen: Hitler of Germany (the only 2nd world war dictator missing!)
Pol Pot of the khmer(his friend Kim Jong il is here!)
Lenin and/or Yaroslav of Russia
Clovis of France
Saddam Hussein of Arabia
Vercingetorix of Celtia
They are the main I missed for my games. :D
Thank you

For the leaderheads yes, I know they already exist and was disappointed some of them were missing in DIVERSICA
In fact, I would have seen: Hitler of Germany (the only 2nd world war dictator missing!)
Pol Pot of the khmer(his friend Kim Jong il is here!)
Lenin and/or Yaroslav of Russia
Clovis of France
Saddam Hussein of Arabia
Vercingetorix of Celtia
They are the main I missed for my games. :D
Thank you

I usually try to stay away from dictators, with few exceptions (there is no rhyme or reason to the ones I included however, other than that they were good LHs and there were not really any other LHs for their respective civs I liked better). I prefer good leaders over notorious ones which arguably were not beneficial to the country they ruled / oppressed either.

I also limit myself to three leaders per civ at most, two for civs I consider less 'important' (again, that is mostly personal bias and if a civ is less 'important' but has three quality LHs it usually gets three leaders).

- Germany had two leaders in standard BtS, the one available spot went to Adenauer, who I prefer over Hitler as a leader of Germany
- Russia and France have 3 leaders in default BtS already
- Saddam and Pol Pot I did not like enough to include
- Vercingetorix is in already

I agree that for a WW2 scenario, Hitler is missing. Lenin would be in except for the 3 LH rule of mine, same for Clovis (good LHs). Maybe I rethink that rule for completeness sake ;)

Then I am going to wait and seek the next update for more interesting content ;)
Is there a way to have the fix for the french horseman?

Thank you for this new patch, it works!!! :king:
Now time to find a solution for diplosounds for leaders :eek:
I will have a look and try to solve it

Waiting restless for new things added to this mod :p

I have noticed that only Harun al rachid diplosound works as far a I looked.
Maybe it can help you find how to fix this problem.
I also cut and pasted every diplosound in the main file to give it a try
for i have looked on some other mods and the diplosounds were simply in the file and not in one file for each.

Thank you very much for this mod! Just what I was looking for, now that I am moving onto Civ 4 from Civ 2 (late bloomer), but I wanted to ask you couple of questions about it.

Are all units now unique in their looks to each civilization? For example will German infantry wear Stahlhelms, or will Americans have Abrams for their tanks? I read the description but it doesn't say which units are changed/unchanged.

Is it possible to use this mod with BtS Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod?

Again thank you very much for this mod!

Top Bottom