Civ VI Pretty Screenshots

Sometimes, you need to forget geographic accuracy to catch a few cultural match-ups where they stand.

In honor of France...
Eiffel+Liberty.png

And.. Our harbor Lady also inspired us to seek Freedom in Space!
LaunchSatellite+Liberty.png

Last edited:
I've played with and without that mod enabled and it didn't have an effect on the SoL either way. It's a LoadOrder issue. Did you apply the fix I suggested to you here?
Yeah I really tried to, but it didn't really fix it for me. Probably not because of the solution itself, I am just bad at this stuff. I found out the Civ V environment mod didn't affect the SoL itself, but when combined with other mods, it does.

Finally, after all this time, I got to build the Golden Gate in a sensible place. Well, it will be sensible, after I build railroad connections.
Even the shape of the Black sea is not very far off, so my GG might be spanning the Dardanelles :)
The Ottomans are indeed present in this game, although they are on another landmass over another sea, to the East.
Note that Harald has also gained access to the Black Sea by building one-tile Panama Canal.

upload_2020-4-11_23-53-29.png

Had always wanted to do this for ages... but resources or hills kept popping up in inconvenient places. Finally, with the right map I've managed to create a perfect circle of lakeside resorts around crater lake (yes, you can build Kilwa next to it too.... it is considered "coastal" though it is freshwater).

Moreover the shape of the resorts is like a musical note...

I posted this in the "First Game" thread but thought it could be here too. My very first roll in my very first game. Crappy starting location but very nice looking map.

carth by sammykhalifa, on Flickr

Point of order - I see a +3 Holy Site, +5 Campus, +4 Harbour, abundant hammers, near total land security, all luxuries attached to a single tech, and a single tile purchase will get an early Turtles tile

No high density early food tile, but after a slow start a lighthouse and some Fisheries will make that a perfectly respectable city. I’d certainly not reroll it

Point of order - I see a +3 Holy Site, +5 Campus, +4 Harbour, abundant hammers, near total land security, all luxuries attached to a single tech, and a single tile purchase will get an early Turtles tile

No high density early food tile, but after a slow start a lighthouse and some Fisheries will make that a perfectly respectable city. I’d certainly not reroll it
Maybe, but that was from my first roll on my first game after GS release though. By the time I was able to make it past one city i was pretty far behind. The hidden lands behind those mountains were pretty filled up already.

Reactions: PiR
Have you ever wanted to share a picture but it isn't funny or strange, just kind of pretty? Here is a safe space to post your aesthetically pleasing pictures without worrying whether it's funny or strange enough.

A few to get started - some of these I posted previously and some are new. My graphics settings are kinda of poor, so I'm sure YOU (yes, you) can do a lot better. Let's see em!

Parks and polders under the watchful gaze of a frigate.

Spoiler :

Even More Polders.jpg

Clear water and little ships

Spoiler :

persia 2cc 2 (2).jpg

I am happiest when there is a natural wonder, world wonder, and unique tile improvement all adjacent to the city center.

Spoiler :

inca donut (2).jpg

Lovely palm trees in the desert preserve.

Spoiler :

ns2 (2).jpg

Nazca lines, Nubian pyramids, and delicate arch? Sure those all go together.

Spoiler :

perfect nubian city1 (2).jpg

What's Constantinople without the Hagia Sophia?

Spoiler :

Constantinople (2).jpg

What's Constantinople without the Hagia Sophia?
And on the coast!

Some of mine. . . .

A peninsula full of national parks
American Parks.jpg

Some great Malian yields
MalianYields.jpg

I honest just like the way rivers and damns look after a flood
FloodWaters.jpg

Some Halicarnassus yields
HalicarnassusYields.jpg

A well stocked Kongolese capital
KongoCapital.jpg

The Great Middle Nubian Farmlands
NubianFarmland.jpg

And the industrial hellscape of Solikamsk
SolikamskHellscape.jpg

Two of mine, I have plenty of screnshoots, so i might lose a lot of time selecting, but these are out of a quite nice game I had and I still remember

Spoiler Snowy St. Petersburg - Project :

StPetersburgA.jpg

Spoiler Snowy St. Petersburg - Final Result :
StPetersburgB.jpg

I finally couldn't get Hermitage and had to replace it with Kremlin :(, but all In all, I think city ended well as the world's major touristic destination.

went back thru my screenshots to find some stuff, might be some stuff i already posted in the funny screenshots thread, i think these all are a better fit for this thread tho

seeing this one i thought of a water dungeon in a zelda game. maybe you have to enter from flying to the top, work your way down, and fight a kraken at the bottom of the stairs?
Spoiler :
beauty1.jpg

love the tacit storytelling in this screenshot. a new settlement is founded on the largest island in an archipelago, but a lucrative mining industry springs up on a smaller island, and so the island with the actual population center gets deprioritized for harbor placement
Spoiler :
beauty2.jpg

not only are the adjacencies nice, but i also love how the corporations are worked into the layout. really makes me wish corporations gave additional adjacencies to commercial hubs and hansas. edit: also, looking back at the other screenshots in my files, these were the only deposits of tobacco, coffee, and wine in that world, since they were all on a weirdly tiny mostly-tundra continent. which i think makes the commercial hubs and hansas surrounding them even prettier in context ^_^
Spoiler :
beauty3.jpg

very satisfying swedish theming bonuses, including corporation products
Spoiler :
beauty4.jpg

canal network crossing three lakes
Spoiler :
beauty5.jpg

and finally, a sequence of screenshots showing the most satisfying meteor site location ive seen followed up immediately by the most satisfying forest burning
Spoiler :
beauty6.jpg
beauty7.jpg
beauty8.jpg

Last edited:
After playing some heavily modded Civ 6 games, and some with no mods at all, I've got two pics to share. :)

Sahara el Beyda with two Preserves on Prince difficulty. Sadly, I couldn't bless all the tiles due to the Ottomans already having built a Holy Site by the time I conquered Halep, but it all worked out. :)
Spoiler :

1671128130837.png

Here's a heavily modded Cleopatra Game with Civilizations Expanded and Apocalypse Mode on. Prepare yourselves. :p
Spoiler :

1671128240425.png

Sahara el Beyda with two Preserves on Prince difficulty. Sadly, I couldn't bless all the tiles due to the Ottomans already having built a Holy Site by the time I conquered Halep, but it all worked out. :)
To clarify on this, I didn't have any mods because I was waiting for the Great Negotiators to drop, and as such, didn't want my modded game to be ruined. So that is me getting more than 1,000 GPT and having more than 14,000 Gold by turn 176 with no cheats whatsoever. :p

Cyrus is giving Harald a lot of trouble in his home continent, so its time to set sail to new shores. What a peaceful new continent! Looks like the perfect place to settle!

20221228032927_1.jpg

---

What he doesn't know yet is that Julius Caesar is just a handful of tiles distance away, stuck in a hilly, rainforesty area, having as a neighbour, among all possible Leaders, Ba Trieu. Unsurprisingly, he hasn't been able to do much conquering so far. I might post the outcome (if it's worth sharing).

very satisfyingly built up arabian desert. notice the adjacencies on the campuses surrounding the geothermal fissures, the holy sites flanking the fountain of youth on the side near the rest of the empire and the encampments w/ stables on the side nearer the northwestern border with mongolia. the lower encampment blockading a mountain pass making any potential invasion a chore. the farmland surrounding a volcano and a river with a water park at the river delta (please ignore the oil rig upstream, nothing to note there :mischief:). the theater square next to the water park even has an amphitheater with the beach right behind the stage. also, its not in the picture but that one nuclear plant juuuuust barely covers all of the cities on the mainland, not that i needed much more power with all those geothermal plants. will update this post with a shot of the adjacencies later
20221231003718_1.jpg

Spoiler update: yield view :

for those wondering, i actually took the fire goddess pantheon this game. i figured, maybe i could get more value faster out of a different pantheon, but when do i ever get to go fire goddess, yknow?
20230102131500_1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom