College Football: Spring Season under way

Changing jerseys is always a marketing decision. :worship: :gold:

And Alabama's not above it either. They're just waiting for a really good year so they won't alienate too much of the old school. I know people (like me) who still haven't gotten over the fact they put the names of the players on there now . . .

Marketing decision?? This is Ohio State, they will sell a ton of jersey's no matter what. Changing the Jersey's will not show a marked increase in sales.

and LL, you have to admit, they do look like bra straps.

Penn State will never change their jerseys....they BETTER not, they are so freakin awesome.

Changing jerseys is always a marketing decision.

The goal is not to sell a ton of jerseys, but to sell the most jerseys possible (i.e., more than a ton). It is better to convince people they don't want to be seen in last year's jerseys -- At least not before they can be re-marketed as 'throwbacks'.

Why do you think teams change jerseys?

But changing jerseys isn't a marketing decision at Ohio State, because every year people will buy new jerseys regardless if they changed the sleeve colors or its the same as last year. If it was really that big of a deal to make the most money possible off these things they would up the price to $70-80 instead of the current $40.

Aghh!!!!!!!! :mad: It look like the Wisconsin Badgers jersey.Nooooo!!!!!

I will still wear my old 27# jersey.I refuse to buy this crap.

With a little luck (as in NO ****ING HURRICANES), I'm forseeing an LSU-OSU Nat'l Championship Game... It'll be great to crush the Buckeyes in a deceivingly close game. (24-21) :king:

Depends on who we are playing, of course. :smug: :crazyeye:

JaMarcus Russell ftw...he should start, his potential to be the best quaterback in the SEC and in the country is too good to not start him. His physical attributes are incredible, and from what Ive seen, he is pretty clutch too.

ummmm........ said:
Changing jerseys is always a marketing decision.

Again, why do you think they did it?

In this particular case, Ohio State changed the jerseys because they were going to a new type of fabric that 'wicks away moisture.' It's not because of a marketing decision, they even said so in the press conference where they claimed that the reason they excluded gray was because the 'slimmer, formfitting design didn’t leave room for any gray.' Of course they had plenty of room for black...

What the hell are they talking about? Wicks away moisture? So to wick away moisture, your jersey has to look like crap?

Worst offseason move of the year, way to go OSU :p

So they changed fabric to "wick away moisture". (Which I actually buy, btw.)

They changed the design to sell more jerseys.

Azale said:
JaMarcus Russell ftw...he should start, his potential to be the best quaterback in the SEC and in the country is too good to not start him. His physical attributes are incredible, and from what Ive seen, he is pretty clutch too.

Negative. Take it from an LSU student who has talked to the boy. That man is dumb as a rock... Literally, I have a royal python that thinks on a higher level than JaMarcus Russell. I honestly believe they should start Matt Flynn, and I'm not just saying that after the Miami Massacre. I've been calling for him all last season. I'm also excited about the thought of Perrilloux hitting the field (maybe during an out-of-conference blow-out). I really hope we actually see profit from that investment.

Curse you guys to hell for taking Perrilloux from us ;)

And just because Russell is not smart, does not mean is not football smart. Maybe if you give Flynn the job it will light a fire under Russell....who knows.

Top Bottom