Escape From Zombie Island 2: The Remake

I would just like to say that this is a great scenario and probably one of the very few that I have actually seen through all the way to victory (I can count the number of civ games I have completed on one hand). I played as the authorities and I loved the beginning feel of the scenario where I had a handful of SWAT running through the streets picking off zombies while I held out for the numbers to start taking back 'buildings'.

One comment though: to me the zombies seemed to lose their feel of 'zombies hordes' as the game progressed into its late stages and they took on more of a 'weird' aura with all of the mutation-type units they are able to produce. I understand this is really about mimicking (sp?) a cheesy zombie movie (read: Resident Evil) but to me the zombie faction became less zombie and more mutant as the game progressed.

I'm looking forward to starting up my game as the Survivors!

First... Glad you are having some fun playing.
This game version was from 4 years ago.
The New version I have been working on has Hordes until the end and yes, it strays from only typical Zombies but the units are More Fun.

It is not really intended to be "Resident Evil" or any other Zombie Game. It has gone through many changes that will be challenging and I hope More Fun, regardless of what ever Faction anyone prefers to play.

Didn't realize this was that old which goes to show my attention to detail. Also as far as the Resident Evil comment, I meant the movies and their over-the-topness.

Either way I had a blast playing it.

Only one blast? Clearly you need to play the other factions. ;)

I downloaded this last night and started plaing a few turns just to have a looksee - really this is fantastic piece of work...

It's a pretty long error message so bear with me...
"could not create the file '//?/C:/Program Files(x86)/Firaxis Games/Civilization 3 Complete/Conquests/Conquests/Escape From Zombie Island 2/Art/Advisors/advisor_EDIT.pcx' please check and try again later"

any idea what this is? I used to have this scenario on another computer but it seems like I cant download anything onto my new one... :(

Are you using VISTA 64 or any other 64 bit operating system and did you re-install your Civilization Games or just copy them over to the C Drive?

If you are using a 64 bit operating system, you will need to install your Civ Games to the C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

also check that you have administrative rights.

...there is no advisor_EDIT.pcx file that I am aware of but that is propably not what is causing the error.

I am currently using windows 7, my other computer operated on windows Xp. :confused:
and uhm, I re-installed civ onto my new computer i didn't copy files. Do you mean I should extract EFZI2 into my program files (x86) or re-install civ there?

I think he just said 'install'.

Are you using a 32 or 64 bit system for your Vista 7?

If 64 bit, did you install to C:\Program Files (x86)?
There seems to be an issue with the path for your computer.

This is probably due to the differences between a 32 bit and 64 bit systems.

If you are using a 64 bit system...Install your Civ Games to program files (x86)

Alright thanks vuldacon, I love this scenario and it's killing me that i cant play it!! :(
anyway, I guess I'll just install straight into my program files folder (not into my civ folder?)

Edit: Still same error. this time it's only the ""could not create the file '//?/C:/Program Files(x86)/Escape From Zombie Island 2" part of the message.

IF you are using a 64 bit system, you would Not install to your C Drive directly. You would install to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios
The EFZI2 Folder goes in the Scenarios Folder that is inside your Conquests Folder.

Your previous post stated: "could not create the file '//?/C:/Program Files(x86)/Firaxis Games/Civilization 3 Complete/Conquests/Conquests/Escape From Zombie Island 2/Art/Advisors/advisor_EDIT.pcx'
This appears that you were trying to install to your Conquests Folder.

When's the complete edition coming? :D

When's the complete edition coming?
s.c.dude... it has been a tough year so far with many problems and set backs that have prevented the type of work momentum I prefer.
It is coming along slowly now but hope to be able to get back up to speed to finish it all by the end of this year... that is still my plan.

Top Bottom