New Survey

Question 8. What would motivate you to play a Challenge of the Month? (select all)

Where was the 'none of the above'? I had to lie to find out it was the last question.

Question 8. What would motivate you to play a Challenge of the Month? (select all)

Where was the 'none of the above'? I had to lie to find out it was the last question.

I had to lie about what game I've played in the last 6 months. I haven't played Civ since last April. I'm keeping my historical 4x palate cleansed with other genres until Civ 7 is released.

I noticed that the "Crossover with a different IP" thing came up again, like the last survey. I'd be surprised that they would license a different IP just for a monthly challenge. Although, they'd probably stick with IPs within Take Two's corporate umbrella, if that were the case.

I noticed that the "Crossover with a different IP" thing came up again, like the last survey. I'd be surprised that they would license a different IP just for a monthly challenge. Although, they'd probably stick with IPs within Take Two's corporate umbrella, if that were the case.
I think someone higher up saw how much money Fortnite makes from crossovers and wants to get in on that. I think any crossover IP would have to be a proper Civ for people to care so I image this is trying to find out how many people are interested in IP crossover regardless of the context.* I feel like IP crossovers could be a big turn off to a lot of the playerbase and, unless it was a completely standalone DLC, any kind of crossover would be a massive turn off for me.

*Or someone didn't the replies they wanted last time and are trying again to get a "better result" from the surveys.

Last edited:
I think someone higher up saw how much money Fortnite makes from crossovers and wants to get in on that. I think any crossover IP would have to be a proper Civ for people to care so I image this is trying to find out how many people are interested in IP crossover regardless of the context.* I feel like IP crossovers could be a big turn off to a lot of the playerbase and, unless it was a completely standalone DLC, any kind of crossover would be a massive turn off for me.

*Or someone didn't the replies the wanted last time and are trying again to get a "better result" from the surveys.

The concept that springs to mind for me, with regards to IP crossovers in challenges, is a whole cloth scenario. Perhaps they crossover with Take Two's much-exploited GTA. They could do a monthly* scenario where each civ is a fictional gang and the map is a city with tiles that represent kinds of organizations and structures that you might find in a GTA game. Very similarly with 2K's Mafia series, or Borderlands.

*edited

Last edited:
The concept that springs to mind for me, with regards to IP crossovers in challenges, is a whole cloth scenario. Perhaps they crossover with Take Two's much-exploited GTA. They could do a scenario where each civ is a fictional gang and the map is a city with tiles that represent kinds of organizations and structures that you might find in a GTA game. Very similarly with 2K's Mafia series, or Borderlands.
That make's sense but, from what I remember, scenarios where generally considered a failure in Civ6 so I'm not sure if they would be a good format for an IP crossover. I feel like the monthly scenarios work(?) because of the communal aspect of the challenges, combine with the limited time frame, and posting how well you did.

The way the challenges have been done I'm rather disinterested. If, on the other hand, they did an actual scenario with preset cities and multiple playable civs (say, colonial age, crusades, rise of Rome, WW2) I'd join in.

That make's sense but, from what I remember, scenarios where generally considered a failure in Civ6 so I'm not sure if they would be a good format for an IP crossover. I feel like the monthly scenarios work(?) because of the communal aspect of the challenges, combine with the limited time frame, and posting how well you did.
I do mean using these crossover IPs for challenges, which I likened to monthly scenarios. Sorry for the confusion

Question 8. What would motivate you to play a Challenge of the Month?

Having an inconspicuous menu entry instead of that blatant "carousel" window would be a start.

Last edited:
Question 8. What would motivate you to play a Challenge of the Month?

Having an inconspicuous menu entry instead of that blatant "carousel" window would be a start.
My favorite part is the debug messages left in, including:

Code:
[4235734.241] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') with  values (LOC_CLICKOUT_3_CAROUSEL_TOOLTIP, Wouldja just look at it!, ).

There's a new official survey
https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7716346/Civ-6-Community-Survey2-Feb-2024

that seems to concentrate on how the player liked the monthly challenges and how would like such in the future.

Maybe it means that february challenge was the final one?
I didn't mention it at the time, so as not to spoil the surprises Firaxis had in store for players, but back in November I found what seemed to be preliminary versions of the last three challenges at this address, which, as of this posting, is still accessible. This certainly fits with the Head of Cyrus being, if not the final challenge, then at least the final challenge in the initial slate of challenges.

So this afternoon I booted up Civ VI (to check out the survey) but there was none. Also the challenge was gone.

Was it only available for like 3 weeks?

So this afternoon I booted up Civ VI (to check out the survey) but there was none. Also the challenge was gone.

Was it only available for like 3 weeks?
No, it's supposed to continue until the 12th. Perhaps you accidentally booted up offline?

Thr Fosse branch, where the challenges were QA tested in the Autumn has been updated again. To me, this suggests that the original set was only for 4 months and they're preparing a new set.

No, it's supposed to continue until the 12th. Perhaps you accidentally booted up offline?

Just to make sure: Can you please confirm
(a) that the challenges can only be played in Online Mode,
(b) that the carousel window on the main menu does not even appear in Offline Mode?

Last edited:
It's connected to 2K Account, but no challenge or box thingy 😲
20240304100905_1.jpg

EDIT: So it's the Multi-Player Helper (MPH) which also got updated recently that blocks the carousel. (See lower left corner. It's highlighted in blue).

Last edited:
Top Bottom