NZ ships banned from Pearl Harbour

According to my Aussie friend, Australians make fun of Kiwis as often as Canadians viciously attack poor, innocent Americans. Something about there being more sheep than people...
That's a common mistake. The fact is, after so many years of sheep shagging, it's actually impossible to tell how many New Zealanders are sheep.

As I understand it, The last major military operation of the Kiwi Army was the siege of Helm's Deep.

There's a line about teasing a country over their armed forces and then there's mocking. Try not to cross it, y'all.

That said, the kiwi Air Force has to be hilarious.

I'm gonna be boringly serious and just remind people that NZ have lost many men fighting alongside Australians, Americans and British troops in, to name just a handful, two world wars, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.

Hahahahaha New Zealand is so small and insignificant hahahahahahahahaha

God dammit guys, show a little creativity :p

Hahahahaha New Zealand is so small and insignificant hahahahahahahahaha

God dammit guys, show a little creativity :p

I thought the non-flying bird air force was cute. Jerk.

Is anybody else amazed that the Somali pirates haven't noticed that New Zealand is easier to get than those boats? I mean, all they have to do is take a few wooden rafts out there and plant their pirate flag. The only weapons they'd need are some shearing clippers.

I'm gonna be boringly serious and just remind people that NZ have lost many men fighting alongside Australians, Americans and British troops in, to name just a handful, two world wars, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.

So? /10 chars. If they dont allow our ships into their ports, why should we let theirs into ours?

So? /10 chars. If they dont allow our ships into their ports, why should we let theirs into ours?

They allow your non-nuclear powered and armed ships into their ports, why shouldn't you let their non-nuclear powered and armed ships into yours?

Yeah, I know.

Edit: To elaborate, this is clearly a choice the US is making. They could just declare that certain vessels are nuclear free, and they would presumably be allowed to dock without issue (since as someone stated earlier, the Kiwi's don't force inspections). Instead, the US chooses not to dock there. This choice is within the prerogative of both nations. Yet it seems that if you're going to invite the Kiwi's to your military exercise, you might as well let them dock with the rest of the team.

NZ's 1987 Anti-Nuclear legislation bans American nuclear-powered and nuclear-armed ships, potentially the entire US Navy. Denial of fair portage in peacetime is a violation of the Law of the Sea. You may dock your Kiwi ships in a nearby civilian harbor - a more reasonable attitude than NZ's stay-out-of-our-twelve-mile-limit rule.

Lets have some fun. You can start by quoting the relevant articles from any treaties and then I can point out all the ways in which NZ can refuse entry to nuclear-powered ships.

Not that I think they have much in the way of nuclear accidents in ships to worry about, but I don't like having the damn things anywhere near either.

Top Bottom