Random Rants LXVIII: Burn it all to the ground and start over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to apply for university courses is quickly running out, and I'm stuck like hundreds of kilometers away from anything for like close on two weeks

...but...you have internet.
So where's the issue?
(or do you still need to apply on paper?)

I can't talk to people I'd like to talk to

Also I'm quickly using up the limited Internet data I have access to at the moment

That's not a lot.

Sounds a lot to me. I'll bet that was a downpour.

The Lake District which is renowned for rain, only gets 100 inches a year.

Mind you, the world record is something like 8 times that.

Is there anything, really, quite as inherently gross as a wax ring?

I probably don't want to know, do I?

Well, there's corn syrup…

I probably don't want to know, do I?
A wax ring is the now obsolete but previously ubiquitous gasket of choice used when seating a toilet on the floor flange.

Wet wax left for years, maybe decades, mashed between flanges becomes a sort of gooey grossness all of its own, without considering how much human waste has probed it for leaks in the interim.

The heat wave coupled with the smoke is making for a not-fun time.
Stay indoors (the news articles recommend a mall if your home is hot and you don't have air conditioning), make sure your air filters are working properly, stay hydrated...

But of course you'll have already been told all this. It's on the news every day, along with pictures of burning mountains, brown sky, and pictures of forests where the surviving green trees are interspersed with patches of trees that have been killed by pine beetles.

I've still got family in Oyama, last I knew. Not sure what the conditions are there.

Stay safe, Vincour.

3-5 inches of rain in little more than 3 hours today across this area.
You should send it to Vincour's province. They desperately need rain there, since a significant area of the province is on fire. I know I'm grateful for every drop of rain we've had here this summer. We've been getting smoke from the BC fires blowing over the mountains, and it got bad for a few days. I can't imagine actually living in the middle of all that.

When the danger levels are literally off the scale (Kamloops' air quality - or lack of quality, rather - was listed as 48 on a scale of 1-10, with 7/8 being really serious)... I don't know how people with respiratory conditions are coping.

Haha.

Yes. It's got to be a strong addiction.

And the only way to deal with strong addictions is to keep on attacking them.

You should send it to Vincour's province. They desperately need rain there, since a significant area of the province is on fire. I know I'm grateful for every drop of rain we've had here this summer. We've been getting smoke from the BC fires blowing over the mountains, and it got bad for a few days. I can't imagine actually living in the middle of all that.

Wish it worked that way. There aren't going to be any wildfires around here this year. We had a few years of near drought conditions here, and now it's way too wet all summer. More coming today.

We had a noisy thunderstorm earlier. I'd say it was dramatic, but it was in broad daylight, so the lightning was all but invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom