Spqr

I don't know about why they chose that model for their scenario but there's dozens of maintinence-free buildings that give happiness. Maybe they wanted to encourage city building.

Any particular reason for this?

Yes there is a limit on the number of strategic and luxury resources (32) hard coded into the game. In order to accomplish what we wanted to do, required using a lot of non tradable strategic resources which we felt were more important than trading luxuries.

The RhodianHoplite.ini is a bit wrong.
Started as Greek but my Rhodian Hoplite had Death.flc as default.
Not very easy to make out since all flics are numbered A... not with easier to spot Run,Death and so on.
Default is set to A3_.flc should be A4_.flc (default stand)
Attack should be A1_.flc and then sword attack A2_.flc
Death then of course should be A3_.flc not A2_.flc

Heck better put this in as this is what I think should be the correct settings.

[Animations]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=A4_.flc
WALK=
RUN=A6_.flc
ATTACK1=A1_.flc
ATTACK2=A2_.flc
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=A3_.flc
DEAD=
FORTIFY=A5_.flc
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=A4_.flc
VICTORY=A7_.flc

Well the Celt-IberianSpearman.INI
and LibyPoeniVeteranInfantry.INI
and NumidianMediumInfantry.INI
and PhoenicianMarines.INI
PoeniInfantry.INI
SpartanHeavyHoplite.INI
SpartanHopliteOfficer.INI
SpartanHoplitePW.INI

has all the same problem, since they have the A2_.flc as DEATH which the A2_.flc is the second attack flic.

Come to think if you had an answer on my Peltast Question earlier Guardian ?

Not very easy to make out since all flics are numbered A... not with easier to spot Run,Death and so on.

[Animations]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=A4_.flc
WALK=
RUN=A6_.flc
ATTACK1=A1_.flc
ATTACK2=A2_.flc
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=A3_.flc
DEAD=
FORTIFY=A5_.flc
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=A4_.flc
VICTORY=A7_.flc

PoeniInfantry.INI
SpartanHeavyHoplite.INI
SpartanHoplitePW.INI

has all the same problem, since they have the A2_.flc as DEATH which the A2_.flc is the second attack flic.

Come to think if you had an answer on my Peltast Question earlier Guardian ?

The solution is simple. create an ini file

BLANK=
DEFAULT=A4_.flc
WALK=
RUN=A6_.flc
ATTACK1=A1_.flc
ATTACK2=A2_.flc
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=A3_.flc
DEAD=
FORTIFY=A5_.flc
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=A4_.flc
VICTORY=A7_.flc
and then save that file to each of the folders list above and rename the file or save as the ini file listed in the unit folder. I will update the files in the next update.

That´s what I did, and probably more than me.

It´s just so that you noticed it and make that corrections in this seam to be great scenario.

Thanks for the work mate, you got something very good in this scenario.

Just glad to help find those small errors.

That´s what I did, and probably more than me.

It´s just so that you noticed it and make that corrections in this seam to be great scenario.

Thanks for the work mate, you got something very good in this scenario.

Just glad to help find those small errors.

Thx Cemo the help is much appreciated I assure you. :goodjob: ;)

Regarding the Macedonian peltast, these are the animations provided to me by Imperator. In this instance there is a stabbing motion with the spear. A throwing motion may have been more desirable or even appropriate , but considering the vast number of units he provided just for this mod, I didn't want to toooo picky about one animation.

But that older Peltast looked perhaps better IMHO
He was not only dressed correct (I think) and was throwing his spear.
The present one could be some other perhaps.

Well, it´s your call and I´m sure you know best mate.

But that older Peltast looked perhaps better IMHO
He was not only dressed correct (I think) and was throwing his spear.
The present one could be some other perhaps.

Well, it´s your call and I´m sure you know best mate.

Definitely something to think about. I'll check back in my research. There may indeed be another Macedonian unit that this unit could be used as.

Regarding the Macedonian Peltast:
Rename the Masedonian Peltast unit folder and ini file to :MacedonianPezhetairoi

Rename MasedonianPeltast1 unit folder and INI file to MasedonianPeltast

Stats for MacedonianPezhetairoi in editor

Prerequisite - Bronze Working
Unit cost - 60
moves - 1
attack strth - 6
defense strth - 8
Required resources - Macedonia
unit abilities - foot unit
Available to - Macedonia
AI Strategies - Defense
Special Actions - Load, Unload, Capture

Unit description:
Spoiler :

The pezhetairoi were the battalions of the Macedonian phalanx. They first came to prominence during the reign of Philip II, particularly when they played such an important role in Philip's subjugation of Greece at the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BCE. The name "foot companions" was used by famed commander Alexander the Great, the successor of Phillip II, as an ancient recruiting method. By labeling his infantry as his personal "companions" and "friends," Alexander was able to engage a wider manpower base for his subsequent military campaigns, as positions in his personal infantry would denote pride and honor. Therefore, as Alexander would campaign across Asia, he was able to use his reputation as a brilliant military strategist, along with the personal connotation given to his infantry, to recruit more native peoples to his cause than conventional recruitment methods of the day. This created a near endless base of manpower for the burgeoning military leader, and allowed him to engage in longer, costlier campaigns in areas like Asia Minor, Egypt, Persia, and India.

They were armed with the sarissa, a long spear with a shaft made from flexible cornel wood, which had a much longer reach than the traditional hoplite spear. Because of its length the phalanx could present the spearpoints of around five files of men; which made the phalanx almost impenetrable, and fearsome to oppose.

Tactically, the pezhetairoi were best used as a strong defensive line, rather than as shock troops. The length of the sarissa, while making them terrifying for an enemy to oppose, severely limited their maneuverability; and if they were taken in flank or rear they had little chance of responding. This was particularly clear at the Battle of Gaugamela in 331 BCE, when the rapid advance of the right wing caused a breach to open between two of the battalions of pezhetairoi—a force of enemy cavalry broke through and, had it not been for a lack of discipline in their own command, and for Alexander's placing of a second line of traditional hoplites in reserve, the phalanx might have been destroyed from the rear.

[Animations]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=A4_.flc
WALK=
RUN=A6_.flc
ATTACK1=A1_.flc
ATTACK2=A2_.flc
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=A3_.flc
DEAD=
FORTIFY=A5_.flc
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=A4_.flc
VICTORY=A7_.flc

PoeniInfantry.INI
SpartanHeavyHoplite.INI
SpartanHoplitePW.INI

What about Greek Strategos - that s awesome unit, but problem is with animation too...I did what you have told, but unit is strange, falls on back :( can somebody resolve this problem?

Well thats correct with the Greek unit.
It´s hard to get these A1 to A7 correct.

In this case
A1 is attack
A2 is death
A3 is standing still
A4 is fortify
A5 is running
A6 is victory

the A7 in the ini file doesn´t exist

so this is what you got to paste in

[Animations]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=A3_.flc
WALK=
RUN=A5_.flc
ATTACK1=A1_.flc
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=A2_.flc
DEAD=
FORTIFY=A4_.flc
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=A3_.flc
VICTORY=A6_.flc
TURNLEFT=
TURNRIGHT=
BUILD=
ROAD=
MINE=
IRRIGATE=
FORTRESS=
CAPTURE=
STOP_AT_LAST_FRAME=
PauseROAD=
PauseMINE=
PauseIRRIGATE=

to bes honest I found even more and will try to check it out if it´s ok.

It´s not as easy as mentioned since some include A1 to A7 others A1 to A6.
And take death.flc is sometimes A2 others have A3.
Same with the selection of fortify as I have seen.
I get back.

I believe I found some.

Don´t take this as official from the Master (The Guardian) himself.
Just giving a fast fix before the correct versions pop up.

Unzip the different changed ini-file and be sure to put them in correct folders wherever you placed SPQR,

There might be more peculiar unit behaving put after all it´s a beta version.

Hope I helped more than I messed up :crazyeye:

Attachments

• New Inis.rar
    6.5 KB · Views: 300
The are severall terrain sections that are marked as "LM Grassland". I can't build roads over them (which actually means I now have cities that can't be conected). Any idea?

The are severall terrain sections that are marked as "LM Grassland". I can't build roads over them (which actually means I now have cities that can't be conected). Any idea?

Yes, that is intentional. It is part of the scenario, designed to isolate certain parts of the map to control what units can be produced and where they can be produced.

Just a Q on position of Camulodunum. Close to Wales ???
Wasn´t Camulodunum todays Colchester in Essex ? That´s in the south east I believe.

Got to be an idea behind this placement. Do enlight me.

The placement of Camulodunum in your map could almost be Calleva of the Atrebates perhaps.

OMG - 466 units and I missed one file.
MassilianHoplite
INI reads
ATTACK2=A2_.flc
should be
ATTACK2=ATTACK2.flc

If you have already DLed the Units.zip file make this correction in the INI file.

PS the Units.zip file on page 1 has been fixed and replaced.

Great Sir,
Now I was starting as the Suione, and as I thought ended up in Uppsala. However the civilopedia.txt is very very wrong IMHO.

It talks about some hittite kings.

"The Suione king Suppiluliumas (r.1344-1322) spent the early part of his reign establishing Suione dominance in Anatolia "

Now we got some mixup indeed. I think you are thinking of Tacitus mentioning my very old relatives from the cold north. Hardly any folks living in Anatolia as hittites.

However I expect that the full writing of this civilopedia.txt is far from over.

It´s very very nice of you to release a beta version since waiting for something perfect would take for ever I think. Now we can all help out. So please ask.

Top Bottom