Resource icon

[BtS] Diplomacy - A Mod for Diplogames 2016-10-05

Requires BtS v3.17​
High/Med Graphics Settings Suggested​

PLEASE VISIT THE DISCUSSION THREAD!!!

This is a mod I made specifically for the Diplomacy Game CivGroup over at APOLYTON, but I figured since I got so much help from a lot of you guys here at CivFanatics I would post here and see what you all think. The mod is not without its issues, there are certainly leader traits, or even leaders themselves, you are not going to agree with (like Mandela for the Zulu for example). The purpose was not to make a historically accurate mod, but was to provide more diversity in leaders/traits for the different civs. The idea being that they would be selected more often. Our Diplogames tended to have the same group of civs on a regular basis (basically financial, philosophical, and industrious leaders) and we wanted to mix it up a bit.

This is mostly a graphics mod, there are some small changes to gameplay but I tried to keep the game as true to the original as possible while adding some cool things so I hope you enjoy all of the changes.

That said, some of the leaders are in this mod for fun, and will have good traits that make sense to you and me. Here is a list of the leaders if you'd like to know in advance...

Spoiler :
  • 18 Rabbit, Mayans - Aggressive/Industrious
  • Abu Bakr, Arabs - Spiritual/Imperialistic
  • Akbar, Indians - Creative/Imperialistic
  • Amenhotep III, Egyptians - Industrious/Charismatic
  • Basil II, Byzantines - Aggressive/Expansive
  • Ben-Gurion, Israelis - Industrious/Protective
  • Charles V, HRE - Spiritual/Expansive
  • Constantine, Byzantines/Romans - Spiritual/Organized
  • Crazy Horse, Sioux - Aggressive/Charismatic
  • David, Israelis - Spiritual/Creative
  • Deganawida, Iroquois - Philosophical/Spiritual
  • Dido, Carthaginians - Creative/Financial
  • Franco, Spanish - Charismatic/Protective
  • Harald Hardrada, Vikings - Expansive/Charismatic
  • Harun al-Rashid, Arabs - Philosophical/Creative
  • Henry VIII, English - Creative/Organized
  • Henry of Aviz, Portugal - Expansive/Organized
  • Hiawatha, Iroquois - Organized/Charismatic
  • Hirohito, Japanese - Financial/Imperialistic
  • Hitler, Germans - Aggressive/Charismatic
  • Itzcoatl, Aztecs - Expansive/Industrious
  • Ivan Grozny, Russians - Expansive/Protective
  • Johan de Witt, Dutch - Philosophical/Charismatic
  • Kim Jong-il, Koreans - Aggressive/Organized
  • Mandela, Zulus - Philosophical/Charismatic
  • Marcus Aurelius, Romans - Philosophical/Imperialistic
  • Maurits van Nassau, Dutch - Aggressive/Organized
  • Meiji, Japanese - Industrious/Organized
  • Nebuchadrezzar, Babylonians - Industrious/Imperialistic
  • Pachacuti, Incas - Creative/Charismatic
  • Philip II, Spanish - Creative/Imperialistic
  • Pol Pot, Khmer - Aggressive/Protective
  • Ptolemy I, Egyptians - Philosophical/Protective
  • Ronald Reagan, Americans - Financial/Charismatic
  • Sargon of Akkad, Sumerians - Aggressive/Spiritual
  • Haile Selassie, Ethiopians - Philosophical/Spiritual
  • Solomon, Israelis - Philosophical/Expansive
  • Sundiata Keita, Malinese - Organized/Charismatic
  • Tang Taizong, Chinese - Financial/Imperialistic

Before I get any complaints some of the leaders who appear to have weird trait combos (historically) have those combos because their counterparts for that civilization already have another trait they would have had otherwise. So keep that in mind when reading the list.

We have added two new civs, the Iroquois and the Israelites, I put up a screen shot of their Civilopedia screen, but you'll have to play the mod to see what their UUs and UBs are (mostly because I forgot and I don't feel like looking right now).

SCREEN SHOTS

FEATURES

This mod is not a major departure from the normal game, therefore there are no changes to wonders, civics (except for the slight changes to the construction bonuses of certain buildings), traits, units or anything beyond the names (which I brazenly stole from Varietas Delectat). The idea was to maintain the normal gameplay of Civ IV BtS while adding the following features...

• Extra Spy Promotions thanks to the SuperSpies mod!
  • Seven new religions (Aesir Mythology, Olympic Pantheon, Pesedjet, Shinto, Zoroastrianism, Toltec Faith and Voodoo) to spread throughout the world. You must play a custom game and select CHOOSE RELIGION in order to access them though.
  • Inquisitors to get rid of those pesky new religions!
  • As stated before, two new civilizations!
  • Nearly forty new leaders!
  • Civ specific flavored units!
  • Improved graphics, courtesy of Chuggi!

THANKS!

First I would like to thank Trojan Sheep and Glider1 for the SUPERSPIES mod that we used. The promotions are awesome but the assassin mission doesn't seem to work, I would appreciate it if someone would let me know about this. I'd also like to thank BMarnz and Orion Veteran for the INQUISITION MOD that we used for the game as well. Thanks to JustATourist and JohnySmith for their help with the JUST ANOTHER RELIGION MOD (its where we get our new religions). I would also like to thank Avain and Chuggi for their VARIETAS DELECTAT and CULTURAL DIVERSITY mods respectively (I also used Chuggi's improved graphics mod too). Thank you to Wolfshanze, Zerver, Garret, Bakuel, and Danrell for the other units I used as well. Thanks to Ekmek for ALL OF HIS LEADERHEADS also thanks to Amra for his leaderheads as well (I stole them from your mods) and to C. Roland as well for the LHs.

Thanks to EmperorFool, Glider1, JohnySmith, Chuggi, and Wolfshanze for their "extra" help behind the scenes, that they may not even have been aware of.

I know it isn't really a crazy-great mod, but it was my first attempt at modding and I learned a lot from you guys so I hope you enjoy playing it!

SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO OZZYKP

This is a special shout out to OzzyKP, who is an amazing person. If not for OzzyKP this mod would not have been possible, OzzyKP is such a humble and intelligent individual who helped me greatly with establishing the leaders' traits. I don't know what I would do without OzzyKP, who is always humble and did not at all ask for any type of name recognition in any way. OzzyKP is the type of person who, behind the scenes, truly makes the world work. I think you all should PM OzzyKP and write e-mails to OzzyKP to show how great a person OzzyKP truly is.

OzzyKP.

If you want some new civs check out the first module pack, adding four new civs to the game (if you want to)! You can download it HERE!

Enjoy!
  • diplomacy_48m.jpg
    diplomacy_48m.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 107
Author
The Capo
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 12 ratings