Promotion Flags for EUI
Requires EUI (or VoxPopuli with EUI)
This is a re-implementation of Thals Flag Promotions based on the EUI UnitFlagManager.
Are you fed up of having to choose between:
Now you can have it all!
- Using Thals Flag Promotions but losing EUI's Hostile Unit Highlighting, Fancy Unit Tooltips and better air unit management?
- Having EUI's goodness, but having to click through half a dozen cannons to find the one with the Range promotion?
In addition to retaining EUI's features, it has the following benefits:
- Cleaned up\Redrawn icons for improved clarity
- No missing icon errors, or icons missing from Civilopedia
- Absolutely no gameplay changes whatsoever
- Safe to add to, or remove from, in-progress games
- Reduced intra turn processing time (less than half a second late game with ~700 units on the map, compared to over three seconds)
- Up to 13 promotion icons per unit (configurable)
- Promotion icons in the Unit Panel now stack for multiple ranks of the same promotion (eg: Drill1\2\3\4)
- New icons for several promotions that previously only had the yellow triangle; and for promotions added by other mods (VoxPopuli, Enlightenment Era, whowards Capture Great People, Unique City States)
- Will use the yellow triangle for promotions where no 16x16px icons is present (eg: for promotions added by mods, or where a mod has changing an existing icon without providing a 16x16px version)
There are a few settings which can be configured by editing PromoFlags_Settings.lua (defaults shown in bold):
- ShowUnitFreePromos (true|false) - Show icons for promotions that a unit always gets for free, eg: promotions that provide UU's special abilities
- ShowLeaderTraitPromos (true|false) - Show icons for promotions given by Leader Traits
- ShowForPlayer (true|false) - Show icons for the active player's units
- ShowForOthers (true|false) - Show icons for ai units
- ShowUnitTypeInUnitPanel (true|false) - Show unit type in the UnitPanel for units that have been renamed
- MaxPromosToShow (1-13) - Maximum number of Promotion icons for each unit
- Debug (true|false) - Show Promotion Keys in tooltips, and log debug info to firetuner and lua.log
As with the original Flag Promotions, this mod will increase memory usage (although it should be less than the original), so it may increase the chance of CTDs late game. This is especially true if used alongside other graphics mods (eg: Hires textures, RED, Ethnic Diversity, etc). Memory usage can be reduced by setting MaxPromosToShow to a lower value, or disabling promotion icons for non-player units.
Thal for the original Flag Promotions
bc1 for EUI
Promotion Flags EUI 1.1
Shows Unit Promotions next to unit flags - updated for EUI