[BtS] Great Person Mod Artpack

Amra

the Lion
Great Person Mod BtS Artpack
by Amra

This artpack requires the Great Person Mod for BtS.
It can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=252734

DOWNLOAD ARTPACK

WHAT IS THIS?

This artpack changes all the art (373 images) for the GP Mod to a different style for each GP Type instead of just the one style fits all. The art is much cleaner and (I think) better looking than the previous scroll image that has been used since the beginning. Many images have been changed and some quotes were changed in order to accomodate the new template size.

This artpack also fixes many spelling mistakes as well as adds a few new names with images.

INSTALLATION
Just copy the files into the Great Person Mod. It will overwrite the original art files of the GP Mod so back it up if you think you may want to reverse the changes. Please note that it is important to also copy the two XML files since they contain the new great people names and corrections.

Templates and instructions are included in case you want to add more great people.

CREDITS
Firaxis - for modified templates
Roamty - for updating the mod to BtS so that I could do this.

Reserved for future use.

first post :D
Great !!!!!!!!! just as usual , although the great spy and merchant could have been better. Does it include the mod comp
Thanks and no, it does not include the modcomp. Roamty had updated it to BtS and posted that and I didn't want to step on any toes by reposting it here.

@Amra

Impressive!! That is the least to say. Your artistic taste sure raise up the standards of modding into professional level.

I should agree with Kao'chai that (You) can do better for the spy and the merchant.

Considering that the original modpack is yours then releasing a full pack with the new art shouldn't count as stepping on anyone's toes. Roamty has done all of us a favor porting the mod to BTS but a combined modpack would be more convenient for most people.

@Amra

Impressive!! That is the least to say. Your artistic taste sure raise up the standards of modding into professional level.

I should agree with Kao'chai that (You) can do better for the spy and the merchant.

Considering that the original modpack is yours then releasing a full pack with the new art shouldn't count as stepping on anyone's toes. Roamty has done all of us a favor porting the mod to BTS but a combined modpack would be more convenient for most people.
Boy, you guys are tough! :whipped: I've got to remember not to set the bar so high in the future. :D

For the record, I like the Great Spy template. I think an attache case & a bomb make people think of a spy. It probably could be better but I ran out of workable ideas. Part of the problem I ran into with the new templates was that I needed to leave enough room to add the GP's image and a quote. So, with the exception of the Great General, I tried to keep the additional artwork small and off to the sides.

Now, regarding the Merchant, I agree that it could be a lot better. I was trying to make it look like a store front. An alternate version I had played with used a money bag but it never really looked right and would have been worse. One of the things that's always bugged me about the Great Merchant is that a lot of the names are actually of explorers and I think that Firaxis should have split the names up into an additional "Great Explorer" class. So, when I have time, maybe I can come up with something that will hint at that. Maybe a compass, or an outline of a ship or caravan?

If it would make things easier, I can repackage the download to include all of the GP Mod with the new art. BTW, for proper credit, the mod was originally started for Vanilla Civ4 by Snoopy but most of the work was done by Patricius. Both of them had left the forums by the time Warlords was released so that was when I added more names, art & quotes for the Warlords version.

Amra feel free to do any changes you want all I did was port it to BTS change the spy ok with me and very nice work you have done here Thankyou You can take over the mod also that ok with me to.

Amra feel free to do any changes you want all I did was port it to BTS change the spy ok with me and very nice work you have done here Thankyou You can take over the mod also that ok with me to.
Thanks Roamty, that's very kind of you. :goodjob:

I'll repackage everything later tonight, re-upload it and then ask one of the Moderators to rename the thread & move it to the Mod Components section.

Really good work, which is why I tell you that you missed converting
Al-Kwarizmi, Charlemagne, Fidel Castro, Jayavarman II, Jeanne Arc (prophet) replaced with Jeanne d'Arc?, Joan Arc (general), Pericles, Speaker. Tamerlane.

Out of curiosity, I could not find the Duke of Wellington there, did I miss him? Because no matter how much Mr McAuliffe plays in American history, Wellington played so much more in ours..

This graphic work is stunning - truly commercial release quality. This and the original mod concept are an elegant polish on the game.

And yes, the spy one could be better... it's not as elegant as the others.

On the merchant, perhaps something related to a camel caravan, or maybe carpets and trinkets arrayed on the left side, I do like the large vessel on the right.

I guess the religion one will have to do... I was thinking maybe some incense in a gold holder, a few other things... but Lord knows we don't want to offend anyone.

All in all, simply outstanding. Alas, I think BtS is the last release of Civ4, but if there were another, your work here would HAVE to be included.

Venger

I think Amra's out of commission, which is a shame because this looks awesome and I'd love to have it in my mod. So I'd like to second Zyx' request: Does anybody have this anymore or know where I can get it?

They are / were in Amra's Advanced mod.

I still have that mod, so if there is no copy online, I'll get the art form there. Do you just need the .dds files or is there more needed ?

EDIT : after some digging around, I actually found the original archive, get it here

Second : may it be possible to get a working dl link ? thank you !

Top Bottom