[LH] Tuskaloosa

johny smith

Deity
Ok be easy on me guys this is my first try at a leaderhead. I wanted to make a chief for the Mississippian Indian Culture. The background is of Cahokia.

Well I still need to work a little on the texture area on his forehead, but I am stuck for the moment so posting what I got to see if anyone wants to help.

Just please let me know what you think.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9118

Of course use him how you wish. Just would like to get the skin lightened on his forehead to make him look less Shaka. This is my first time really cracking into 3d max. And thanks for the good comment.

I don't find the forehead too dark. Looks great, especially for a first try!

he looks scary.
great LH. Very unique.
what sort of help do you need ?

Well I was trying to base on these pics below.

A Mississippian chief.

A Mississippian priest.

He intended to be from North America.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/march/12/cahokia.htm

http://www.mississippian-artifacts.com/

So that is why I want to lighten up the skin to match someone from the Americas.

If anyone wants to help I just need some good skin textures for his skin. This was my first time trying to go into this much detail for skin. I mean units are so small it is not that big of a deal, but when you have a leader you can see it.

The thing on his head is a hat. I tried to make look more like a basket using Gilgamesh's hair texture, but more accurately it should be feathers.

I was aiming for something unique. I am happy with how much I learned in 3d max. Thanks for all of the good comments.

P.S. I chose the name because I could not find a better one yet off hand. I was hoping this guy would be around the peak of Cahokia, but since I could not find another chief name I just used Tuskaloosa. Then again I have not seen any drawings of him as well.

Well, my bad. I allways have hard feelings towards scarifications, piercings ... but in this case I was wrong. Sorry !
Next suggestions :
change the noose
leave only the top necklace
add distance from the camera

Good suggestions Snipper, but I am still debating the necklace still. The nose yes needs to be redone.

I am using Adobe Photoshop for the textures. I have not learned to make one from scratch really yet, and it is a pain to blend the pieces together when you need to go into to this much detail at least for me anyway.

I can give him a nose/lip/chin job.
Change africa into native with textures.

I've been modding faces recently ..

sure I'll do it right now.

gotta make that pacal call out into nonshader
nice LH. and so I leave the warpaint to you.
as is, he's not very friendly to my old PC

I love the alterations to the face (nose etc)! At this rate, it won't be long before we really won't be able to tell what leaderhead a new model is based on.

I did some changes but I don't know if they are for the better for sure or not.

mourndraken thanks for the texture. I hope the area on his forehead looks ok.

Please let me know what you think.

I am putting this up so people can tell me what they think looks better.

This is with the old necklace.

All you need to do is replace the NIF with this one.

Top Bottom