Stopping a Giant Death Robot

Rocket Artillery and Stealth Bombers. More so the latter. Concentrate your fire until it dies. Alternately, nine outdated units and something new. A Mech Inf. or Modern Armor to finish it off.

Though, nukes and other GDRs are, of course, the best option.

Well, you still need something to take cities with. You should actually buy nuclear missiles and produce other things. Nuclear missiles are the most efficient unit to buy.

I normally bomb them with artillery or if it is possible take out their source of Uranium and get that bonus for them not having enough resources.

I would usually target a GDR as a priority, because of what they are capable of in a short time... so every bomber, and stealth bomber, plus artillery and missile artillery, and anything else, would all be lined up against it until it was out of the game. LOL, I finished one off with an archer once, but it's important you try to finish it off, or it's likely to instaheal, in which case, you're likely to have less units to kill it with the following turn!

I don't normally use nukes, as I don't build a lot, and normally use them against cities. If possible, though, I prefer not to, as it takes much longer to get a nuked city up and running again...

I've never encountered one, but I suppose artillery and bombers should do the trick, or at least wear them down for Modern Armor (except when the GDR is Japanese).

Helicopters get bonus against GDR. A few upgraded lancers can hit and run it quite effectively.

A fortified mech inf in a fort on the right terrain is actually stronger.

5 chariot archers with logistics will also kill it in a single round.

5 Keshiks (with logistics). . .

The point being that any attack does at least one point of damage, so any 10 attacks (in one round) will kill it.

With one exception: a melee attack doesn't necessarily deal -1hp if the other unit only has 1hp left. Which is silly: a riflemen won't be able to finish off a GDR, while an archer can... And don't get me wrong, a riflemen shouldn't be able to finish a GDR either (and whether he can even damage it is another good question).

5 Keshiks (with logistics). . .

The point being that any attack does at least one point of damage, so any 10 attacks (in one round) will kill it.

Hehe...well, 10 archers can do the trick. If the GDR is emprisonning in a sort of glue...ranged units powa!

Yeah, that what I noticed that I didn't like about Civ 5, Ancient units like archers should not be able to kill things like Modern armor or at least the Modern armor should have just as high of a range as archers because honestly, that barrel gun in real life has a higher range with any archer.

I had 4 GDRs once and tried to take over a city in the mountains and could not do it though I was being a little careless (having lots of fun) as there was no way I was losing that game. They had the great wall though, so that slowed me down. And I found the SAM's really did a nice job on my GDRs when assisted by artillery behind their city. Oh, and have a city with maxed out defenses, a general, some bombers, and a garrison. GDRs will actually fall quite fast.

10 Ranged attacks will kill any unit in the game. Or, burn it's Uranium (-50% penalty, meaning it's down to 75:c5strength: without other modifiers) and charge it with a modern armor (80:c5strength:)

Thats one of the major flaws in civilization 5 I think. 10 archer should not killed a Modern Armor. Arrows do not hurt Modern Armor.

I also have a similar beef with a bomber taking damage from a warrior.(It shows the warrior throwing something at the bombers) and if it is pilot error, why does every bombing have to require me losing one 1 hp? They are suppose to be trained so them taking damage from pilot error when attacking someone like a warrior is a bit dumb. Especially after every battle.

They had the great wall though, so that slowed me down.

The Great Wall goes obsolete with Dynamite (and it used to go obsolete earlier than that). Unless you had outteched your opposition by more than two eras, I'm pretty sure the Great Wall wasn't a factor...

Top Bottom