“1000 AD” Scenario PBEM Game

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1898_to_Ruff_hi
Sorry for the massive delay, I've had a lot on recently.

NP. I've been quite busy as well and so didn't mind the pause. Hope no one else minded too much.

The French government has fled Paris. France is in a state of anarchy. There are widely circulating believes that the geo-political landscape of the French territory is undergoing severe flux. More details later.

I just emailed Chopstyx ... hopefully he is still around. If not, do we want to swap him out and put in an AI? Hate to suggest that but I would like to play more turns on this game and these delays are killing it - even killing it more than nukes :D.

Somehow I kind of doubt Chopstyx would mind being replaced. Also I'll be out of town in December so hopefully we can finish up before then.

I was hoping the nukes were doing a better job than that!

I suggest that we give chopstyx until the end of Oct and then replace him with an AI. What do you guys think?

Karhu - can you replay from your latest save either swapping chop out at the beginning or end of your turn and then send the turn to me.

Edit: strike that EOM thing. Lets do it now as chopstyx has only posted to this thread here at CFC since Sept 2007 and hasn't posted here for over a month. I've also tried emailing him.

Yes lets do it.

ouch, sorry for my neglect here. Have been busy. I'll try to drop Chop and restart the game this weekend. Can't tonight though.
Cheers.

after a long delay on my part; figuring out how to use saveconvert again; and racking my brain to remember the admin password because I can't find where I wrote it down....

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1898_to_Ruff_hi

I have it - playing now.

I got it and will play later today.

It cost me three artillery but I finally beat that stack outside Vladivostok.

1900 sent to Karhu.

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1900_to_Ruff_hi

Picking this game back up is a horrible thing. It reminds me just how much I like it, and how much I need a strategy fix. And as for France's resilience and efforts to adapt, well.... If anyone ever calls you a quitter, Ruff, you just send them my way.

This game is really taxing my poor old computer.

damn. Now I want to start another one of those pbems that i've had in the back of my mind for forever-and-a-day.

Developing news: Today the French populace finally rose and evicted the ruling elite. It is rumoured that they have fled to a distant city and set up 'France-in-Exile'. Meanwhile, in old France, the populace has reached out to surrounding nations and asked them for assistance. Both Russia and Arabia have stepped in to provide this assistance.

How can the people just abandon their loving government that way?! How come this wasn't taken up at the UN? A fair and just organization.

what do you guys think if the three of us sign up to be on the same team for the next MTDG? It'll be played with BtS.

what do you guys think if the three of us sign up to be on the same team for the next MTDG? It'll be played with BtS.
I don't have that type of time to commit to Civ at the moment. Already playing one of these at apolyton - lots of fun.

I would be up for another PBEM, slightly smaller map and no uranium :)D). There is a pirates one that is playing 3 different games at once - that sounds really interesting. Two games are basically as per normal, but one is a team game. I would be interested in 2 games (normal and team v AI).

what's this pirates thingy? could you give us a link?

I was in the last MTDG and already waiting for the next to start. Where you there too Karhu?

@Ruff, just join. You can lurk if you like and toss out a few posts when you have the time or inclination.

1902 to Karhu.

Top Bottom