“1000 AD” Scenario PBEM Game

But Karhu, it can't be done until the new year because I'll be gone most of December.
See, now that's the spirit! ;)

oh - is that what happened to my super destroyer stack.
Twice actually, as I recall. A testimony to your ability to pump out the units. But I think this exemplifies one of the stronger benifits of nukes: Flexibility.

Human v Human [...] where does the inter-team discussion take place.
Email? not as good as a board maybe, but i'm willing to make that trade for increased pleasure of knowing my opponent has all the flaws, advantages, and unpredictability of being human.

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1908_to_Ruff_hi

I missed that Arabia declared war on Russia back in 1902.

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1910_to_Ruff_hi

So, when I first proposed this game, I wanted to play India. When that got chosen, and I ended up with China, I thought it would be natural for me to extend my empire into India and have a long term cooperative relationship with Japan. But I extended the cooperative feelers both ways, and 1889 was always more responsive and willing to discuss mutually beneficial deals.

Captured Salsbury and Bourdeux from Russia and London from the French.

Also there is another UN vote this turn.

I can't send email so here is Karhu's turn.

Attachments

• Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1912_to_Karhu.Civ4SavedGame
    954.7 KB · Views: 65
Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1912_to_Ruff_hi

I can't find my BtS disk. It's here, somewhere.... :shifty:

BtS disk has been "found". We can resume the discussion about what type of game we'd like to play next. My suggestion based off what's been said:

3v3 - all human (we can make a google group page for team discussion)
Ancient start, events and huts on, Prince difficulty.

Map type: ?

hey - who has the game?

Looks like Karhu sent 1912 to you on the 13th. Time for a resend I guess.

i sent 1912 to ruff on the 14th. Can resend if needed.

edit: resent. probably was the 13th in Alaska. Did you get your email fixed, 1889?

I sent 1912 on to 1889 on ... Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:38 AM

email is working reasonably well at the moment but please resend 1912.

Lets finish ASAP, I'm going to Thailand in a few days and will be gone for 3 weeks.

save resent

No save attached.

1914 to Karhu who missed the UN victory again! Short 23 votes or about 5%.

India captured York, Dubh Linn and Bristol from the French; Bremen, Kiev and Stavanger from Russia.

It's nice to actually finish a game but nobody can say we didn't try, however its kind of a waste of time so I hope you'll both agree to declare Karhu the winner and say we're through.

Oh, that elusive UN vote....

I don't mind calling it either. I'm pretty busy right now, and then I'm looking forward to getting in some multiplayer bts with you guys. I've already learned stuff from our (1889 and I's) Demogame discussion.

what!! Karhu the winner! Aren't you missing the great French comeback? I am only 2 turns from launching my space ship!

Ok - lets call it quits. I was going to dial you guys up and offer peace just for laughs.

Are we planning on starting another PBEM game?

Peace with the FRENCH?! Madness!

yeah, i'd still like to do another pbem.

my suggestions is still us 3 on a team vs either 3 other players or AI. I think I could learn a lot in a game like this.

So, did you ever try to get chops to fully switch sides? or after you beat him into submission was that enough for you?

You guys basically forced him into declaring on me by your might (according to him). I did manage to get a cease fire and we started trading $ for tech (he gave me $, I did all of the teching). After you took my USA oil, he also gave me some oil for tanks. I kept asking him for open borders so that I could use his roads / rails to put a bunch of units on your door step but he wasn't too keen on that ... thinking that you would retaliate against him. I really wanted him to close borders with you - that would have taken out most of your air force from my point of view. I had a lot of fun swapping cities to and fro with Chops thus cutting some of your air bases.

France never had eyes on China or India - too much land to gobble close to home with Russia. I was always nervous of an Arabian Cultural victory - that seemed to be where Chops was heading.

I still think that you could have stomped me sans nukes by building a tonne of tanks and choppers - you had the tech edge but it would have taken time for you to build up your forces ... time that I could catch up tech wize. That war would have been epic in its length and destructive power - basically, your hammers v my hammers and our strategies.

or after you beat him into submission was that enough for you?
After the initial turn, chops and I were at peace and had a fairly good relationship.

I think you would have had the advantage in a strait up "no-nuke" war. But yes, it would have been fun! France is at a lower difficulty and so produces units at a cheaper rate. This is one reason I wanted to hit your military machine early, before it got totally out of control. Nukes offered us lots of advantages; 1) no travel time, 2) no foreign maintenance cost, 3) damage your lands to hamper production, 4) reduce pop for UN vote, 5) deterrent to chops from going to war with you.

That last one was a pretty major consideration (for me at least). If Chops had stayed in the war against you than nukes would not have been necessary.

I was keeping a fair size number of units at home in case chops tried to invade India. The long distance war was a lot for me to deal with; slow to get units to the front and very expensive. Bee-lining for fighters helped the initial war effort quite a bit. They could get to the front in one turn and you had no defense against them. I lost over a half dozen when chops traded cities with you.

As for forcing him into war; He seemed pretty eager to stake a claim to French territory! :D

France is at a lower difficulty and so produces units at a cheaper rate.
Really - wasn't watching that part of things.

I lost over a half dozen when chops traded cities with you.
:D

As for forcing him into war; He seemed pretty eager to stake a claim to French territory! :D
After you guys took out nearly all of my forces on the first turn or two of the WAR, that proposition was very much on the cards. Guess my swap into nationhood and several turns of drafting infantry slowed him down then.

Top Bottom