[GS] [1.0.0.290-1.0.0.317] Tunnel Super Highways

Aristos

Lightseeker
This has been there since GS launch. Tunnels built on a continuous mountain range make the mountains act like a Super Highway. Any unit can enter one tunnel and exit any other tunnel on the mountain range, without any MPs lost. The mountain range acts, effectively, as a teleportation device.

"Tunnel me up, Scotty!"

Conscious design decisions are not bugs. And it does cost 2 movement points to move through a tunnel.

Conscious design decisions are not bugs. And it does cost 2 movement points to move through a tunnel.

And who says it is a conscious design decision? I doubt it, as it is laughably overpowered. LAUGHABLY. Let the devs confirm or disregard.

Think it over for a moment. There is absolutely zero chance that the developers would somehow be unaware of how this mechanic works. If it was a bug, they would have fixed it or commented on it, like how they fixed the boats moving through tunnels.

There's a separate forum for design suggestions. Or you can just post a thread in the main forum, where it might get more attention. But whatever you do, don't clutter the bug report forum with something like this so that real bugs might not get the attention they deserve.

Think it over for a moment. There is absolutely zero chance that the developers would somehow be unaware of how this mechanic works. If it was a bug, they would have fixed it or commented on it, like how they fixed the boats moving through tunnels.

There's a separate forum for design suggestions. Or you can just post a thread in the main forum, where it might get more attention. But whatever you do, don't clutter the bug report forum with something like this so that real bugs might not get the attention they deserve.

Until and unless Denis @dshirk comes here and states that it is indeed WAD, I will assume and post it as a bug regardless of your opinion. If he does so, then I will try and discuss with him and/or other devs, in private, the OP nature of this "feature" (not alone here, do a quick lookup of videos and you will find a few known players literally LAUGHING about how "balanced" tunnels are with this "feature").

With all due respect, you have no authority to tell me to go post anything anywhere, so if you don't like this bug report, just stay away. Thanks.

Truth to be told, you have not provided any shred of evidence that would even remotely suggest (yet proof) that the described behavior is a bug.
Without that - it is just your opinion about a specific game feature that you deem weird or op.

Ofc, it is still possible that this is in fact a bug, but regardless - imagine if everyone would post here whatever he/she thinks is weird or OP, just to get an individual confirmation from @dshirk that it is not. This forum would quickly fill with the entire game description.

[edit: @ Aristos]
You know my opinion about that feature ("a mountain range isn't a sack in which you cut 2 holes for entry & exit as you see fit"). But it is clearly NO BUG.
Btw, they mentioned in a video, that it cost a lot effort to get it working at all. (I suppose a fundamental problem of the pathfinding of the AIs)

Don't you realise, that your enquiry is (not even) ignored already?! I understand your frustration and I part it. At some point the answer "there is no decision made yet" isn't satisfying any more and the damage towards goodwill becomes larger than being clear from the beginning.

On the other hand I feel to be taken hostage in such (from my point of view forlorn) retry attempts to force an issue. I'm happy, that we have now a minimal communication to help debugging. You are poisoning a frail plantlet.

You can be the greatest fan of Porsches and deeply wish they would make a Formula 1 car for you - you can beg, demand ... whatever you do, you will never get it.

Top Bottom