[NFP] [1.0.4.8] Shuffle Mode: Overlapping Civics in Civics Tree (Visual Bug)

oedali

King
I am playing with shuffle mode and even though I am researching Drama & Poetry (which correctly shows in first image), in the civics tree it is hidden BEHIND military training. I figured it out because if I actually research military training it leads to the middle unrevealed civic, and if I research drama it leads to the 3rd unrevealed civic (which is when I took the screenshot) There should have been 4 rows in the first column of the tree with drama & poetry and military training having their own boxes but they ended up spawning in the same middle row.

This visual bug could have more negative consequences in this scenario: if I got the inspiration for a civic, what if it got hidden behind another civic due to this bug? Then I wouldn't be able to even see what I just unrevealed through a boost. Hope this can be fixed soon. A couple other players have also posted about this already.

upload_2020-8-28_20-36-9.png

upload_2020-8-28_20-36-50.png

OK so things got even weirder. Now after playing a few more turns, now there are not only two but **3*** overlapping civics. In screenshot it shows as Drama & Poetry. Military Training is hidden behind it, AND on top of that I am currently researching Recorded History which is also behind this. I found this by manually searching the tree for these techs and they all point to the same box.

Moreover, in previous screenshot, the unrevealed middle row civic was supposed to be in Classical era but now it got bumped to Medieval era (edit: or now thinking more about it, it might be that the second column Civic is the third overlapping one)

Will attach a save game once I remember how to do that

upload_2020-8-28_20-51-49.png

Last edited:
I've also got the overlapping display glitch, no mods, all expansions and dlc:

Spoiler :

The prerequisite civic is hidden under the unrevealed one:

It is Exploration:

However, when I later loaded further save for another gaming session, that part of tree was displayed correctly:

I'm also attaching the t144 save from which are the first two screenshots.

Attachments

• ROBERT THE BRUCE 144 660 AD.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
Thank you very much for reporting this bug which I also noticed in my first game with the random tech/civic trees. I hope the developers read this and offer us a hotfix.

Noticed the same thing in my game. I’ll save the screenshot, as they are very similar to what’s posted above.

Just come across this problem. Also with Military Training/Drama and Poetry.
Definately no mods as I'm playing on console

Does anyone already know if this has been fixed in today's patch?

Top Bottom