1.20 released!

While designing my new Settler Promotion mod component, I figured out something.
Sending of modnet messages does not work when sender is AI.

In other words, I highly doubt if your colonists and inquistions are working for AI

Woah, seriously? Hmm, I wonder how the Gods of Old mod works then. That uses sendModNetMessage extensively and is what most inquisition mod components are based on.

Changing cemetery to a priest actually has caused a problem, too many great prophets are generated in later eras!

Woah, seriously? Hmm, I wonder how the Gods of Old mod works then. That uses sendModNetMessage extensively and is what most inquisition mod components are based on.
Didn't Aspyr have to basically hack their own software to duplicate the effects of the SDK mods shipped with BtS?

On different note, here's another bug report for you. This one looks like it has to do with dynamic city renaming. As you can see from the screenshots, it hit when the Hebrews captured Istanbul from the Turks. Note that the Byzantines are *not* in the game.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.55.51 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.55.51 PM.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.55.58 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.55.58 PM.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.56.06 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.56.06 PM.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.56.11 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.56.11 PM.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.56.33 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.56.33 PM.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.56.46 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-06-08 at 2.56.46 PM.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 79
Changing cemetery to a priest actually has caused a problem, too many great prophets are generated in later eras!

BTS' great people system is frustrating, splitting them into separate pools of GPP was something that Civ5 definitely got right. At some point I want to try override BTS' default system and implement it more like Civ5 does. I think it's possible (partially), but will be challenging (and cause some slowdown as I'd be replacing a fast DLL function with slower Python).

Didn't Aspyr have to basically hack their own software to duplicate the effects of the SDK mods shipped with BtS?

Only for Rhye's and Road to War. Gods of Old is entirely python based. I'll investigate when I'm finished with my current tasks. Colonists will be easy to fix, but Inquisitions need to be ripped out completely and reimplemented. I merge an existing Inquisition mod component into HR way back (version 0.7!) and never really paid that much attention to how or if it worked as I wasn't too good at Python back then. Looking at it now, it could be done much better.

On different note, here's another bug report for you. This one looks like it has to do with dynamic city renaming. As you can see from the screenshots, it hit when the Hebrews captured Istanbul from the Turks. Note that the Byzantines are *not* in the game.

Byzantium is mentioned as it is one of the civs that has an alternate name for that city. This error seems to have the same root cause as the one reported earlier about Ekbatana. No luck tracking it down yet, will keep searching.

I play as Clovis, with imperialist trait and Brandenburg gate, I have already gained 14 GG during war-time, which gives me a 168 turns golden age. If plusing other sources, it is easy to make it lasting more than 300 turns, just endless. So I think it's necessary to change the effect of Equal Rights, Warriror Code, and Jetavanaramaya, if 25% lenght is not a solution.

Porcelain Tower seems a bit too strong, it has contributed nearly half of the Espionage the whole empire can genarate, for other sources are so limited.

Found a small bug, I have 4 cow, 1 sugar and 1 spice, but the nestle corporation gives me +3 food.

I play as Clovis, with imperialist trait and Brandenburg gate, I have already gained 14 GG during war-time, which gives me a 168 turns golden age. If plusing other sources, it is easy to make it lasting more than 300 turns, just endless. So I think it's necessary to change the effect of Equal Rights, Warriror Code, and Jetavanaramaya, if 25% lenght is not a solution.

Porcelain Tower seems a bit too strong, it has contributed nearly half of the Espionage the whole empire can genarate, for other sources are so limited.

Will review these for 1.21.

Found a small bug, I have 4 cow, 1 sugar and 1 spice, but the nestle corporation gives me
+3 food.

Check that all 6 resources are connected to the individual city. I'm using the standard BTS mechanics for that aspect of Corporations so it's unlikely to be a bug.

Found a small bug, I have 4 cow, 1 sugar and 1 spice, but the nestle corporation gives me
+3 food.

Also, check the pedia in game. Corporation yield scales with mapsize, but the pedia at the main menu always shows 1 yield per resource.

Also, check the pedia in game. Corporation yield scales with mapsize, but the pedia at the main menu always shows 1 yield per resource.

I have tried different quantity of resources, it proved that:
3 resources=3×0.34=1.02→2
6 resources=6×0.34=2.04→3
9 resources=9×0.34=3.06→4
12 resources=12×0.34=4.08→5
So no bug at all

We should have a Feedback: Civilopedia thread.

Great mod. But 1.20 seems to cause the memory allocation error (game crash) a lot more frequently than before.

Great mod. But 1.20 seems to cause the memory allocation error (game crash) a lot more frequently than before.

32bit OS? If so, it is very easy to crash. My game also crash more frequent, but the reason is still unknown.

We should have a Feedback: Civilopedia thread.

Can't really do anything about that. At the main menu, the pedia will always show the default XML setting for things like corporation scaling and and not apply any scaling. There's no one standard game speed/difficulty/world size that all defaults are set for either. Always trust the pedia in your current game over the pedia at the main menu.

My man-o-war pictures in civilopedia also don't work properly.

Does it work properly in game? Try placing one in worldbuilder. I took the unit straight out of Colonization but it seems it doesn't work properly for some people. Not yet sure if its an OSX vs Windows thing, or perhaps has something to do with different graphics settings or even graphics cards.

32bit OS? If so, it is very easy to crash. My game also crash more frequent, but the reason is still unknown.

If you're getting regular MAFs be sure to unpack the FPKs. Should reduce their occurrence considerably. The mod will take much longer to load however.

I accidentally found that warrior can hunt animal for food in the city, but warrior is too weak to fight. I think archer should also be able to hunt, animals are killed when barbarians emerge, so it will not break the balance of the game.

I accidentally found that warrior can hunt animal for food in the city, but warrior is too weak to fight. I think archer should also be able to hunt, animals are killed when barbarians emerge, so it will not break the balance of the game.

Warriors have a +50% bonus vs animals so they're stronger or evenly matched against all but the toughest animals. With smart use of terrain and perhaps some promotions (though no xp from animals is a pain) they can take on the tougher animals as well.

Warriors felt underused so I added hunting as a sort of early minigame to give players of the slower game speeds something extra to do. Archers already have a well defined role as city defenders so they don't need to hunt as well. A little touch of the Stone Age at game start, rather than an essential mechanic.

Warriors have a +50% bonus vs animals so they're stronger or evenly matched against all but the toughest animals. With smart use of terrain and perhaps some promotions (though no xp from animals is a pain) they can take on the tougher animals as well.

Warriors felt underused so I added hunting as a sort of early minigame to give players of the slower game speeds something extra to do. Archers already have a well defined role as city defenders so they don't need to hunt as well. A little touch of the Stone Age at game start, rather than an essential mechanic.

I almost never build warriors and don't notice the bonus against animals, sorry about this

More errors appear, but I don't know which file is useful, so I uploade the whole documet.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    174 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom