Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by Highgeneral, Nov 17, 2003.
I just had a flashback.
518 - you don't understand why soldiers wear both helmet / bullet-armor AND weapons...
519 - ...and you write to the defence ministry to advise him to equip one half of the army with armor, the other one with weapon and to pair them
520. You collect SMAC fan art and use it as your computer's wallpaper for years.....
521. You fail High School due to your dedication to SMAC/X.
I really really should be spending my time studying.
522. You think the Netherlands was created by Formers.
523. You create an account here just for adding clues here AFTER you've read the whole thing and spent 1 hour+ to do so.
524. You did so when the clock is 4:30am when you're going to work around 7am...
525. You then remember that you(like someone said somewhere in the middle) got your first game addiction to this game while(as someone else also stated) trying to populate and terraform your whole planet!
526. You remember how your first game looks like and still have it as a save somewhere on your not-so-cleaned Windows 98 harddrive.(333Mhz AMD K7 Proccessor computer!)
527. You've played the web-browser game Travian and used the name Zakharov, making your own alliance called University of Planet AND nameing all your cities the real in-game names in the right order starting with University Base and so forth!
528. You noticed that while you were just thinking of adding only one clue you end up spilling your heart out with the love and memories you have towards the game!
529. You BUMP a 8 months and 5 days old thread in hopes of it to reach the 1000 mark after the thread istelf being up for 7 years 7 months and 18 days!
530. You noticed that the 1000 mark will be accomplished within 7 years 7 months and 18 days, or that it atleast should be!
531. You dream that Zakharov is one of your lecturers at University.
532. You dream that your university is The University.
533. You wish that your university looked as cool as the one you see in the pictures.
534. You heard about Baikonur the expansion base before you heard about Baikonur the cosmodrome.
535. You read the Science & Environment News section of the BBC's site :
"Alien worm invasion 'threat to forests'"
The formers ! Protect the formers !
i got +150% psi defence bonus
53 . . . 7: 10 years after you lost the disc, you order it again and have it specially imported from another country.
538: You post here about it.
540: You try explain to someone how Alpha Centauri is superior game by showing them the ideologies, but they don't seem to understand. Still never seen a game do that as well as SMAC did; it gave the factions so much more personality than any diplomacy screen could, you think they'd learned that and implemented it in further Civ games, unfortunately not the case...
541: You ended up ranting in here about SMAC XD.
542: When on Uni you design a whole new three-dimensional library coordinate system based on SMAC icons (and pass two exams based on this).
543: When you start explaining your business partners how to design symbols by showing them the same icons.
544: you have constructed a labyrinth of tunnels underneath your house- so you can play smac in peace
545. You make an additional post in this thread, more than eight years after the last time you posted in it.
546. You have the Birthdays of all the Faction Leaders born thus far marked on your calendar.
547. . . . & you've had at least one SMAC game going at all times since your last post.
548 ... You refer to Civ4BtS as a "prequel"
549 ... You declare vendetta on the bank
... ... ... after they refused your request for 100 dollars payable at 3 dollars a year for 100 years with no payment in years you're angry at them.
550 ... You pay 100 dollars to replace your disk after you and your grandfather broke it playing tug-o-war to see who got to play next.
... ... ... Stoopid bank!!!
551. Every time you go to pick up the trash can lid after the trash is taken away, you think something along the lines of "data pod recovered." Works especially well with black plastic lids.
552. So you imagine taking a bunch of lids and taping a USB drive or a breakfast bar underneath some for data pod/nutrient resources, with earthworms the obvious choice for "indigenous lifeforms".
553. When you play COD: MW3 (not often), you call the MP9 a Shredder pistol. (guilty)
554. When your sibling enters your room, you say, "Your forces are violating our territory. Leave at once!"
555. When he says no, you say you will cancel the pact of brotherhood. (guilty for both)
Separate names with a comma.