1000 ways you know you've played Civ2 too much when...

4826 - You spent months building a replica of the Hanging gardens and now you swear you feel happier.

4827 - You get an F on a history paper whose main thesis was that if the Soix had you for a leader you would have kicked the Americans' butts even on Deity.

4828 - you've knocked over your neighbor's garden shed and are supprised when nothing comes out.

4829 - (cont. #4828) ...not even the message "Weeds grow in the empty ruins. This village has long been abandoned."

4830 - ...but realize that it must've been a barb camp when your neighbour storms out of his house with a shotgun.

4831 - You get broadband only to play a dozen multiplayer games simultaneously.

4832 - You are happy that this thread has beaten the Civ3 one. *

4833. You lurk in from Planet Civ3.

4834. You wonder if their almighty one* is available and will he accept Theodora as our envoy?

4835. You would be interested in asking the almighty one* if He or any of his minions know where to find one of the relic called "Civ 2" and what would they like as tribute?

4836. You hope you've used proper * language so to not make them angry because you find them a very funny species.

4837 - (4830 continued) As you hope you can reload faster than he can you realize you no longer consider it cheating.

4838: You are driving a freight (FedEx truck) accross the praries with the destination many miles away, when the road suddenly ends by a river. You thus have three choices:
A [4839]) to backtrack untill you find a road leading to the city.
B [4840]) to drive accross the praries hopping you will in the end save time by coming across a road sooner than by backtracking.
C [4841]) to drive on the river gaining the same movement bonus as from a regular road untill you reach a bridge, hop onto the bridge and continue from there.

4842: You eliminate B by figuring that C is the same as B, except that you don't get the extra movement. You consult your map and find that it is a much shorter distance to follow the river through the prarie to the mountian, then up the mountiain to the village (conviniently located on the same river) that awaits your order instead of staying on the road. Thus you have used brilliant logic to save time and money...

4843 - You are sailing to nearby port. The port is in sight, when sudenly you are gripped by an inexplicable urge to sail all the way around the world and enter the port from the other direction.

#4841 was hilarious!

4844 - You think that the reason this thread is so inactive is because everybody's too busy playing Civ2.

4845 - You only post here while you're waiting for your turn in a multiplayer game...

4846 - ...which isn't very often, as you usually play a dozen multiplayer games simultaneously. (I wonder how many times I can use that?)

4847 - You suddenly realise that you learn more about world history from Civ than from high school.

4848 - You stop playing Civ because you think youve done all you can. Then you stumble across this website, and realise you didnt know the half of it! :D

4849 - ...so you get back into it, and realise you still remember all the science trees and what every single improvement and wonder do.

Btw, I'm new here. I looked around for an intro thread/forum, but couldnt see one! The above are true to me...i stopped Civ II about 2 years ago, then randomly stumbled on this site, and its got me right back into it again!

Slightly OT, i never knew Civ II had really unhappy citizens, and i'd never even heard about civil war in a rivals civilization!! I have since read up on the civil wars, but what causes really unhappy citizens??

Oh, and, hi! :)

HMonster said:
The above are true to me...
Welcome to CFC! If the clues you post apply to you, and you want to show it, put an asterisk (*) after them.

Back OT (On-Topic):

4850 - (cont. 4841) You continue along the river until you meet upon a railroad bridge, then you switch to it, since railroads give instantaneous movement...

4851 - ...and get disappointed when the landscape doesn't zoom past you...

4852 - ...and you get really surprised when you crash into a train...

4853 - ...but just before you die you realize that you must've crashed with another Freight...

4854 - ...but not even that makes sense, as Freight never crash in Civ2.

4855: You attempt to test Einstein's theory of relativity by passing trains, and are beffuddled that they don't go close to the speed of light.

4856: You believe that capitalists don't get any aid from banks or stock exchanges.

4860. You have two difficult tests, a report due, and several hours' worth of homework for tomorrow, but you spend most of your time coming up with strategies on how to attack the Mongols in the current game.*

4861. ...And you waste what little paper you have printing out threads on CFC.*

HMonster said:
Btw, I'm new here. I looked around for an intro thread/forum, but couldnt see one! The above are true to me...i stopped Civ II about 2 years ago, then randomly stumbled on this site, and its got me right back into it again!

That's the same thing that happened to me, almost, when I first came here. Once you think you've pulled yourself free from its grasp, another tentacle reaches out of the depths and pulls you right back in again. You're in good company ;)

BTW, welcome :)

Which brings me to...

4862. You are, at this very moment, using your free time to turn the above analogy into something you can put on the list.

4863 - You wonder why S290 didn't give up school in the first place when he started playing Civ2...

4864 - ...because you think that every true Civ2er should play Civ2 at least 25 hours a day! (Or was it 24?)

4865 - Your Civ2 sessions last a week, so you play Civ2 for one week, sleep the next week, and so on...

4866 - ...because you get too sleepy after one week of non-stop Civ2 to consider doing two-week sessions.

4867: You are a military commander and you attemt to have your missiles land on an aircraft carrier...

4868:...or a submarine...

4869:...or a city...

4870:...or an airbase.

4871: You believe that if nuclear missils run out of fuel before hitting their target they drop out of the air, commiting no harm whatsoever.

Garfield! Long time no see! :D

4872: You name your new forum after your fave civ in civ2*
*cough*plutonianempireforums*cough* :mischief:

4873: You wonder why you didn't suffer severe withdrawal symptoms after not posting frequently enough at CFC anymore...

4874. You visit PE's forum and are disapointed to see that the only topic in his Civ section is about Civ3.

4875. You have membership in about 50+ forums, but this one is the only one you visit nowadays (when, of course, you aren't playing Civ2).

4876. (Re 4873) You believe PE's nonchalantness is a symptom of Civ2 withdrawal and insist that he gets immediate treatment by playing Civ2 for hours and hours on end.

4877. ...While you watch, give helpful advice, show him how to do new things, and, ultimately, end up taking over the game yourself.* (True story--I once went to a friend's house to show him how to play Civ2 (he had just gotten it). He kept doing certain things "wrong," so I kept having to "correct" them for him. Ultimately, I ended up getting a bit too involved in correcting one of his mistakes and ended up playing out the game myself...)

4878. The first thing you remember when you wake up is how you forgot to make sure all your cities had Granaries and Courthouses before you got off to go to bed.

4879. The next thing you remember is that you didn't actually "go to bed"; you just fell asleep face-down on the keyboard.

Top Bottom