100th anniversary acheivement

seiyaryu666

Chieftain
Without a world editor available (currently), it looks like the 100th anniversary achievement will be the hardest one to get.

100th Anniversary — As America make a National Park of Crater Lake and both tiles of Yosemite in one game.

Has anyone found a map seed to do this on?

And reading it, it almost sounds like it doesn't have to be the same national park.

I'd assume one park for Crater Lake and one of Yosemite. I haven't even seen Yosemite yet, though I have seen Crater lake a handful of times.

I'd assume one park for Crater Lake and one of Yosemite. I haven't even seen Yosemite yet, though I have seen Crater lake a handful of times.
same here. no yosemite

and reading some of the other achievements I think this one might not be the hardest one.

for example this one sounds alot harder to do:
Luftballons — Use a bomber class unit to detonate a nuclear device, as long as its base and 9 Observation Balloons are located on the continent of Nena at the time of detonation.

Luftballons — Use a bomber class unit to detonate a nuclear device, as long as its base and 9 Observation Balloons are located on the continent of Nena at the time of detonation.

I got lucky with this one. I had previously unlocked 'Seven Wonders of the Post-Apocalyptic World', so I went back to that save last night, and sure enough, the continent was 'Nena', so I just built 9 observation balloons, and re-dropped the bomb.

Are the hardest ones not the advance start ones considering this isn't achievable in the game currently.

I got lucky with this one. I had previously unlocked 'Seven Wonders of the Post-Apocalyptic World', so I went back to that save last night, and sure enough, the continent was 'Nena', so I just built 9 observation balloons, and re-dropped the bomb.
Ya I'm a little concerned about getting the 7 wonders one. I'm playing king and I still haven't seen too many wonders being built.

Are you talking about the different era starts? That is an option under the Advanced Setup/Options screen...
honestly the different eras is actually really hard. PRO-TIP: after the renaissance (i think) era start you can't found a religion, because you can't get a prophet at all.

Can't you build them yourself and gift the city to another civ?

Great idea. I'll have to try that. Although I was thinking it might be possible to nuke your own city, I haven't tried it yet though.

I'll probably do this on a lower difficulty game. Normally I would never place wonders that close together. I'm still not sure how I would arrange districts so I'd qualify for all those wonders. Because the nuke radius is only 2 tiles isn't it?

Great idea. I'll have to try that. Although I was thinking it might be possible to nuke your own city, I haven't tried it yet though.

I'll probably do this on a lower difficulty game. Normally I would never place wonders that close together. I'm still not sure how I would arrange districts so I'd qualify for all those wonders. Because the nuke radius is only 2 tiles isn't it?

I mentioned this in another thread, but I was unable to get the achievement when I gifted the city to the AI, but when I thermo-nuked my own city with the wonders, it unlocked.

same here. no yosemite

and reading some of the other achievements I think this one might not be the hardest one.

Not got this one yet, but I imagine a 2-civ, huge Pangaea map with information start means you can scout the map for both of them and plant cities near both.

Edit: Yes, easiest way to get this achievement is:

America, only 2 civs active, Information Start, Pangea, Huge map, Low sea level, no barbarians, Chieftain level.

Tactic: Found city. Delete all starting units except two settlers and builders. Build holy site in optimal place and seek relevant pantheon to boost faith quickly, then build spaceport, industrial district. Start satellite project and boost using buy power station/builders. When the satellite launches in about 30 turns, simply scan the map for the two wonders. If you can't find both then you have to reroll the map. Then send your two settlers to them (settle to East or West of the wonder). When they arrive you should have enough faith to buy the two naturalists required. Done.

Last edited:
Not got this one yet, but I imagine a 2-civ, huge Pangaea map with information start means you can scout the map for both of them and plant cities near both.

Edit: Yes, easiest way to get this achievement is:

America, only 2 civs active, Information Start, Pangea, Huge map, Low sea level, no barbarians, Chieftain level.

Tactic: Found city. Delete all starting units except two settlers and builders. Build holy site in optimal place and seek relevant pantheon to boost faith quickly, then build spaceport, industrial district. Start satellite project and boost using buy power station/builders. When the satellite launches in about 30 turns, simply scan the map for the two wonders. If you can't find both then you have to reroll the map. Then send your two settlers to them (settle to East or West of the wonder). When they arrive you should have enough faith to buy the two naturalists required. Done.

Ya i just got this yesterday, Though i missed out on Pizza party because neither Michelangelo or Leonardo showed up.

Hmm I don't really understand the Selfie achievement description, anyone can help with that?

You can randomly have the same leader twice in the game??
I was playing as Pericles, and faced Pericles, when all AI were set to random. However, I've heard elsewhere this might be a bug related to Greece, possibly because the game can choose Greece since there is a second leader, but then it doesn't check a second time.

Top Bottom