14th of June Patchnotes

Can someone please explain the 'Courthouse bug' to me? The Civilopedia says:

"The Courthouse reduces the unhappiness caused by captured cities. Construct one in each occupied city as quickly as possible, especially if you're intent upon conquering a bunch of them."

Did it not do that before? Does it not do it now?

I think it it did something at least kinda like that before.

I don't know, though.

I was opening a game I had already been playing and naturally went thru the Steam protocol. It updated my game automatically without asking me if I wanted the new download and naturally I cannot play the game I started. The worst part is now when i try to start a new game nothing plays. The game comes up but I cannot do anything. Very Frustrated with this steam system and the auto download. Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

Could you please try something for me, and let me know if it corrects your problem?

1. Open up your config.ini (My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/)
2. Look for the following line: EnableGameCoreThreading = 1
3. Change it to: EnableGameCoreThreading = 0

Thanks, and let me know.

Well, as long as the mod author is around, it'll get updated. There's ~145ish mods already in the workshop, so hopefully more will come soon (or he's waiting for GaK and will update it with new stuff).

Either way, that's no reason to yell and hate at 2K/Firaxis (not you, that 'other' person).

Don't know about 2K Greg, but it looks like Dennis (producer) is taking point and talking with people about their issues.

Thanks for the info. I'll be looking for any upcoming LP. :)

Can someone please explain the 'Courthouse bug' to me? The Civilopedia says:

"The Courthouse reduces the unhappiness caused by captured cities. Construct one in each occupied city as quickly as possible, especially if you're intent upon conquering a bunch of them."

Did it not do that before? Does it not do it now?

The courthouse is meant to remove the 'occupied' unhappiness. That unhappiness is both an increase of the 'per city' unhappiness (from 3->5) and the population unhappiness (from a 1.0 multiplier to a 1.25 multiplier -- per population point).

So basically, it's meant to make an annexed/occupied city act like your normal cities wrt happiness.

but what happened was that the 'per city' unhappiness 'disappeared', effectively giving you 0 unhappiness 'per city' and only the normal unhappiness from population. This was exaggerated with India where they went from 6 unhappiness/city down to 0 unhappiness/city.

The 'fix' adds that normal unhappiness/city back into the game and effectively makes the courthouse work as expected again.

Yeah turn times are worse now. Quick movement did help, in an old save the inter turn movements DRAAAAAGED my turn times down, Oh the new Trading post is still ugly so hopefully third times the charm. Already verified my cache and found a missing file so that may have helped a bit, but man optimizing to be slower so CiV.

Could you please try something for me, and let me know if it corrects your problem?

Thanks, and let me know.

My game is doing the same thing as Walkingwarrant is...

I'll try this also and let you know if it fixes mine game to or not.. Thanks

Thanks, and let me know.

THIS HELPED A LOT -- THANK YOU!

Before making this change, it was extremely sluggish to switch focus to a new unit when I clicked on it in the standard 3D view (though it was fine in strategic view), but after disabling core threading it snaps quickly from unit to unit again. Similarly, reassigning citizens to different tiles in city management was tremendously slow before making this change, but now is nice and snappy again. Also, cycling through cities was slow and jumpy before making this change (often showing remnants of the previous city for awhile before updating to the current one), but it is now quick and smooth again.

I don't have time now to test much to see if this change broke other things. I think it did make typing this text into my web-browser in the other window laggier, if that's possible - perhaps hogging processor time now? But it seems to at least have gotten rid of the interface sluggishness that had been making the game unplayable post-patch.

Sounds like this may help you isolate the source of the problems -- one step closer to solving them?

Yeah hell,

Game did not start, Mozilla Firefox didn't start, all hell broke loose after Windows "return", MY COMPUTER DID NOT START!

Fixed it after hours, literally! Still, game does not work. Problem: it only suggests to run it on Directs 9, not 11, -mode. After that, "Out of range"-message.

HELP!!!

Thanks, and let me know.

I'm curious, does this turn off multi-core support?

I'm curious, does this turn off multi-core support?

I did this to my game, went back in, played several turns, and the lag seemed to have been minimized. It's almost the same issue Fallout 3/New Vegas had with the multi-cores..worked for me here as well. Happy camper now, or as happy as I can be.

Someone should take the EnableGameCoreThreading posts out of here and make it's own thread and sticky it....

-Mark

Thanks, and let me know.

Wooo Whoooo !!!! I went n tried this out and My game is now playable again !!! Awesome.. Everything moved and functioned like it should... Cant believe change'n that one number made the game from unplayable to playable. Crazy lol...

Thanks a million !!!!

I did this to my game, went back in, played several turns, and the lag seemed to have been minimized. It's almost the same issue Fallout 3/New Vegas had with the multi-cores..worked for me here as well. Happy camper now, or as happy as I can be.

Someone should take the EnableGameCoreThreading posts out of here and make it's own thread and sticky it....

-Mark

yup. along with some of the other 'fixes'.

Yes MadDjinn, the game is great once again. Looking forward to an LP by you for G & K by the way :D. Big fan and follower of your videos

-Mark

The Mad Russian,

"If the opposition disarms, all is well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves." - Joseph Stalin

WTF? A joke? Then a screwed up one. Know what he did to countless of your countrymen? Know what he did to people he conquered? Know what he did to Finland too by countless suffering still visible today?

My experience:

Patched vanilla game (no mods) and checked file integrity via steam.

Started new game.

No slow downs, no glitches, no problems. Played about 3 hours last night. Win7 64-bit, latest ATI drivers.

The Mad Russian,

"If the opposition disarms, all is well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves." - Joseph Stalin

WTF? A joke? Then a screwed up one. Know what he did to countless of your countrymen? Know what he did to people he conquered? Know what he did to Finland too by countless suffering still visible today?

Is it too soon for Cortez jokes?

Before a couple of days I purchased the Babylon DLC and started an Emperor game.
Last night I was so happy because I had conquered the continent I was located and I had pretty good chances to win the game.
I just launched the game and saw that a patch was installed and...instead of having the Babylonians the game gives me the Vikings!!!

Anyone knows if I can solve this and get the game as it was with the Babylonians?

Thank you,

I read through the posts here and didn't see it, but they updated the Trading Post artwork finally. I don't think they look great but they do look a lot more like a trading outpost.

Before a couple of days I purchased the Babylon DLC and started an Emperor game.
Last night I was so happy because I had conquered the continent I was located and I had pretty good chances to win the game.
I just launched the game and saw that a patch was installed and...instead of having the Babylonians the game gives me the Vikings!!!

Anyone knows if I can solve this and get the game as it was with the Babylonians?

Thank you,

Your game was so messed up post-patch, that instead of the Babylonians, you had the VIKINGS? They don't even exist in ciV at all! :mischief::lol::mischief:

Top Bottom