150 BC ff

680 AD

We get steel in few turns, we pay to Cav that they can research with 100%.
Sat has in this turn again draft 2 musk.

Let me know if the situation changes.:goodjob:

message from Kaz and my answer
cav scout said:
I am writing to update you on our plans. We get Oxford and tech econ next turn. Our plan is to revolt to Theocracy and Free Markets. Depending on a number of factors we will use the Great Merchant for either a golden age or a trade mission. We plan on running 100% tech and going for Replaceable Parts and Rifling. At 100% science this will take about 10 turns. With a golden age it would take about 7 turns.

We appreciate how you have sent us enough gold to maintain our tech rate at 100%. We would like to ask you now for the maximum amount of gold you can send each turn for the next 10 turns.

We intend on upgrading our armies and are requesting gold from both you and Team Cav. It is more efficient and beneficial for the alliance for us to use the Great Merchant for a Golden age than for a trade mission.

If we can get enough gold from you we can do the golden age. But if we cannot get a sizable amount of gold from you we will be forced to use the GM for a trade mission.

How much gold can you send each turn?
Hello
We can send money, but we need the civic-techs.

But what is the idea with upgrading of units, this is only of interest? If you 've a fixed war-time with special war-plans. That is the important question.
Cav will play at war from now, you plan war at ... ? War is not the goal of the game, you must have a war-plan first.
When will you make war with what kind of units? Do you plan to win the game with rifles? One must be clear, if you want to upgrade units, you don't research anymore. There is no sense in upgrading and researching new techs for better units. So the Oxford is for nothing, I think. My opinion is, we are better than they, also have we no interest in war.
SAN and Sat have in the moment no real interest in war, perhaps some combats at the frontier.
HUSch ms

760 ad
Here is another message
cav scout said:
We can longer make new cities and in the long term sancta will greatly out produce and out research us. Team Cav can match Sancta in the long term, but unless we expand we will become a marginal team.

We have the opportunity to use superior technology (cannons) to attack and take several Sancta cities now. If we wait, Sancta will get rifles and attacking them will be much harder. We have the potential to gain 2-4 cities before Sancta can research and build better defensive units.

We are cooperating with Team Cav on this plan and we are working out the specifics of a battle plan.

Please request any tech you need from us at any time. We have both benefited greatly from the gold you have sent us. If you continue to send the maximum amount of gold we will continue to run at 100% science for everyone's benefit. How much gold can you make per turn running 0% science? And how is your own research going?
Ok you use the tech gap to SAN for make occupations, Then do it. I don't know much about wars, but this I know, if you make war you must make it totally; especially if you fight against a big enemy.
Our research to music needs ~5-6 turns, we 've request economics for custom houses and change of civics to free market. After music we will request theo and div rights for researching nationalism with a good factor. We can give money 100-150 a turn additional to the 75 you get now.

Btw There is a message in the game log about SAn has many knights, I don't know the importancy about.
You should read it yourself.

HUSch

I don't think we can any do in the war between Cav/Kaz against SAN. There is the long way to SAN, but now we are exploring SAN's coast with a cara and we 've 2 units there: a workboat and a warrior between their towns outside their culture. We haven't oB with them anymore.

760 ad
Here is another message

I don't think we can any do in the war between Cav/Kaz against SAN. There is the long way to SAN, but now we are exploring SAN's coast with a cara and we 've 2 units there: a workboat and a warrior between their towns outside their culture. We haven't oB with them anymore.

Are we switching to a cash economy, 0% research, cottages, markets/banks/etc in order to max gold? Buying tech is cheap, but never gets you there first. Is purpose of Music to advance towards cavalry? This will be a long path if we are sending all gold away. Perhaps you should only commit to do so for a specific number of turns, to be re-evaluated at that time. We will eventually need military techs from them or we will be an easy target, and our allies won't be able to reinforce us in time. Must take some responsibility for this ourselves. Gear at least one production city towards defense units, or at least so it could make defense units quickly if something unexpected occurs.

Just some advice. It actually looks like you are handling tings pretty well.:goodjob:

We are not winning this game (surprise!). Our goal is that our ally wins.
So we make money and research a little.

btw
Nice to read from other members also.

We are not winning this game (surprise!). Our goal is that our ally wins.
So we make money and research a little.

btw
Nice to read from other members also.

Yes, I understand that. However, I think you should try to get something out of it for MadScientists... a guarantee that they will not conquer us under any circumstance, nor allow us to be conquered by anyone else. We want to finish no lower than 3rd on the score list, and perhaps as high as second.

That's not too much to ask for, since without us our allies will lose.;)

Kcd
What kind of garantee; I think that they get from us, what they need. And also I hope that we get a few techs from them before SAn or Sat will land at our shores. The big point is astro, SAN/Sat haven't it and it's a expensive tech, which is not so important for land wars. When they 've astro, we should get chem/steel etc.

Now (800AD) Kaz has researched RP and we send them +300 :gold:
Our land prosper, we beginning with custom houses and will be build a settler at CERN/Peri for the desert town in south.

820 AD SAn has attacked our warrior near their road and make peace afterwards, I say yes.
840 There is a new barb town between us and Sat, I think we will get it next.

. .

820 AD SAn has attacked our warrior near their road and make peace afterwards, I say yes.
840 There is a new barb town between us and Sat, I think we will get it next.

Good news on barb town. I think SAN was very rude. Should have warned us to "move from road or be attacked" before they attacked. Very bad manners. We will remember this. Good call on the peace, though. I doubt we'd see much fighting, but we don't need war weariness.

I think, there is no ww without fighting and lost of units, but if we 've war, our chariot in the land between Sat and SAN and our cara at the shores of SAN could be lost, and we need them to explore. The working boat at SAN's shore is a good lookout til SAN has astro.

We send another 1000 ::gold:: to Kaz, I don't know why and ask.
But we have now another problem, or better I need some ideas about the barb town.
3 longbows at hill-town, what kind of units should we build, I think we need cannons, so I should request steel. Some ideasabout it were nice.

. . . . .

We send another 1000 ::gold:: to Kaz, I don't know why and ask.
But we have now another problem, or better I need some ideas about the barb town.
3 longbows at hill-town, what kind of units should we build, I think we need cannons, so I should request steel. Some ideasabout it were nice.

I assume as barb town it has no culture. I would not wait to build cannons, I'd use knights with a suicide treb or two. If LB's are heavily promotes with city defender, you might want to bring more knights. Note that knights are immune to first strikes, so if they are first-strike promoted LB's it is not a problem, though damage from trebs is less. Cannons are 12 str vs LB's, but trebs are 8 str in city attack. Give city attack promo to trebs they are almost as good as unpromoted cannon. We lose fewer units (maybe) by waiting for cannons, but sooner capture starts building city will makes up for those (maybe) extra lost units pretty quickly.

2 trebs and 6 knights should do. But if you have access to better units, always use best you got first.

We have no Knights and no trebs. So we must build it.
There are only 2 barracks, so we get only few promoted units.
I request this turn steel and rifles, so we can build better units.
The Longbow have 10,20 against our Ax, so we need good units against them

btw
Should we build first Heroic? 133 :hammers: We get then a unit cheaper, ie cannons from 80 (with forge) to 45. Also is good if we build 3 cannons or like-units.
If we want this, what kind of promotion for our best axe with *, CR and a free promotion, perhaps a next CR

Top Bottom