20-digit Registration Codes

Meteor Man

Cylindropuntia imbricata
Hi,

Just wondering, how do you get a registration code for a game whose case you've lost? I want my Sim City 4 and Dawn of the Modern World registration codes so I can play them, but have lost the case. What should I do?:cry:

Call the toll free number for the company that made the game and see if they'll help you. If you originally registered the game, they may.

If not, look for a hack program.

Call the toll free number for the company that made the game and see if they'll help you. If you originally registered the game, they may.

If not, look for a hack program.

I would, but I don't like downloading those because the people who make them aren't very good and might include a virus in there.

I would, but I don't like downloading those because the people who make them aren't very good and might include a virus in there.

Download one and scan it?

Calling the company and providing ample proof that you have the games themselves should work for getting a new registration code. Unless you get an idiot of a tech support guy, then you won't get very far.

Goto Wal*Mart and open up a box of whatever game you need, use your phone and take a picture of that key, return the box.

Key generators work fine. I have them for most of my games including Sim City 4. I've never caught a virus from them either.

And BTW when you buy a new game put the key on a notepad and save it.

I've called EA before about this and they said too bad basically.

But you can always try and complain and complain if they say so. I just hacked it myself. And ceased buying EA products. Dicks.

Darn, I thought this thread would be a rant on why anyone would need 20-character registration codes when there are only around 7 billion people on Earth.

Goto Wal*Mart and open up a box of whatever game you need, use your phone and take a picture of that key, return the box.

Isn't that against the law?
Unless you mean buy the game, then open it up, take a picture and return it?

Can you return opened software? Most places won't let you.

I looked for my SC4 copy but couldn't find it. Sorry.

Well, I can't do anything that's against the law, so...

Don't worry about finding it. Now I know to write down all registration codes when I get them. Thanks for the help.

Well, I can't do anything that's against the law, so...

Or what? Are you going to immediatly burst into flame as soon as you do? Is a cop going to appear behind and yell "STOP! YOU VIOLATED THE LAW! PAY THE COURT A FINE OR SERVE YOU SENTENCE!"?

If you have a legit copy you'll be fine even if in by a 1 in a jillion chance they actually find you out.

Write the code on the disc. That way you can't lose it unless you lose the disc, in which case you're not going to need the code anyway.

Write the code on the disc. That way you can't lose it unless you lose the disc, in which case you're not going to need the code anyway.

Keep your cds and manuals all in one place so you never lose them. All my manuals are on a book shelf.

My copy of SC4 deluxe has the Cd key on the jewel case. How do you lose the jewel case without losing the game itself?

I'm usually pretty good about that sort of thing, but it's easy to separate the things. What if you're tossing a disc into your laptop case? I always put 'em in sleeves rather than risk cracking the original plastic case. There are other ways to lose stuff too. :)

I'm usually pretty good about that sort of thing, but it's easy to separate the things. What if you're tossing a disc into your laptop case? I always put 'em in sleeves rather than risk cracking the original plastic case. There are other ways to lose stuff too. :)

I don't have a laptop so everything stays here. Although I did make a slipstream Starcraft and Warcraft 3 disk to play whilst waiting for a computer class to start last year.

That's such a good idea... I can't believe I've never thought of it. :blush:

Top Bottom