2013-2014 NBA Season

Wrymouth3

Emperor
Welcome back basketball fans! Are you ready for the inevitable Bill Simmons prediction about how the Celtics are winning the title this year? TOO BAD, he thinks they will blow. Don't worry though, we still have Skip Bayless, Chad Ford, and Terry Pluto to make us all laugh. My predictions for the season

East
1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Indiana
4. Brooklyn
5. Atlanta
6. New York
7. Milwaukee
8. Toronto
9. Cleveland
10. Boston
11. Detroit
12. Washington
13. Charlotte
14. Orlando
15. Philadelphia

West
1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Golden State
4. Houston
5. Denver
6. LA Clippers
7. Memphis
8. Portland
9. New Orleans
10. Minnesota
11. Dallas
12. LA Lakers
13. Sacramento
14. Utah
15. Phoenix

MVP: LeBron James
Rookie of the Year: CJ McCollum
Most Improved: Klay Thompson
Best Defender: Marcin Gortat
Coach of the Year: Mark Jackson

Coaches on the Hot seat: Dwane Casey, Rick Carlisle, Rick Adelman, Randy Wittman

Coaches who will certainly be canned before or at the end of the year: Tyrone Corbin, Mike D'Antoni,

The Spurs gave Miami a freebie last year. This year, they take it back.

Rodney Stuckey is out for the next few weeks after breaking his thumb by slamming it into the door of his Jaguar. This is presumably the best news Pistons fans (If there are any) have heard all year.

1) Miami
2) Brooklyn
3) Indiana
4) Chicago
5) New York
6) Atlanta
7) Washington
8) Cleveland
9) Detroit
10) Boston
11) Toronto
12) Milwaukee
13) Charlotte
14) Orlando
15) Philly

WESTSIIIIIDE

1) Oklahoma City
2) San Antonio
3) Houston
4) Golden State
5) LA Clippers
6) Memphis
7) New Orleans
8) Minnesota
9) Denver
10) LA Lakers
11) Portland
12) Dallas
13) Sacramento
14) Utah
15) Phoenix

I think CJ McCollum is going to miss a big chunk of the season with a broken foot actually, and I imagine it will be harder for Klay Thompson to win MIP, now that he's on the bench (could be a strong 6th man candidate though).

I like the Thunder to win the title this year, but only because I think they're making a trade during the season to improve their roster.

Rodney Stuckey is out for the next few weeks after breaking his thumb by slamming it into the door of his Jaguar. This is presumably the best news Pistons fans (If there are any) have heard all year.
I'm not sure anybody in Michigan has time for the Pistons what with the Tigers, Lions, and Red Wings.

What exactly is the deal with Carmelo? :scan:

Greg Oden sighting playing basketball! He promptly also got booed for some reason. I know the guy has had a tough run of luck with injuries, but there is no reason to be dicks about it (hehehe).

another game, another series of fantastic Bosh postgame interview videobombs

Finally doing fantasy basketball this year, which I think will actually increase how much I like the game.

Team name: Shawn Kemp's Kids:

1) Deron Williams
2) Nic Batum
3) Luol Deng
4) Chris Bosh
5) Marc Gasol
6) Brad Beal
7) Nick Anderson
8) Grevious Vasquez
9) Omer Asik
10) Luis Scola
11) Shawn Marion
12) Dion Waiters
13) Andrew Bogut.

I'm a little weak on the wing, and I may end up trading for another backup PG, but overall, I think that's a pretty solid team.

Observations from last night's game between the Heat and Bulls

1) Dwayne Wade isn't the same anymore, he did make 2 amazing shots, but it's safe to say he's down to about a 15-18 PPG player.

2) Luol Deng looked absolutely terrible and was physically gassed after playing a few minutes in the 1st quarter, only to be taken out due to committing 3 fouls in 2 minutes.

3) Norris Cole looks good, holy crap!

4) Derrick Rose was rusty but that was expected I imagine.

5) The Bulls bench is deplorable, it looks like Coach Thibs is going to again have to require 38-40 minutes from his starters every night.

6) I dunno who decided to pick up Mike Dunleavy Jr. That wasn't very smart.

7) Really have no idea why NO team attacks Miami on the inside.

oh and the sixers beat the heat last night ?

Yeah, and they don't even know how to tank properly! Besides that, they'll still probably end up going like 18-64 or 19-63 on the year. Games like this happen every year.

yeah remember when the Wizards randomly beat the Heat last year and everybody was all like THE REPEAT IS DEAD for about five seconds

i've got no illusions that this year's team is any good. frankly, i'd like for them to get a top 3 pick and they are still on that path imo. just bizarre to see a win like that...i mean, i flipped on the radio around midway through first quarter and sixers are up 19-0 :lol: hawes draining threes :lol: just bizarre.

i've got no illusions that this year's team is any good. frankly, i'd like for them to get a top 3 pick and they are still on that path imo. just bizarre to see a win like that...i mean, i flipped on the radio around midway through first quarter and sixers are up 19-0 :lol: hawes draining threes :lol: just bizarre.

I dunno what's more shocking, the fact that the Heat were down 19-0 or the fact that Spencer Hawes was actually able to hit threes :eek:.

Good thing we didn't have to wait more than 2 games for Carmelo to show up in true Carmelo Anthony fashion.

Top Bottom