• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

2015 MLB season.

I didn't know ESPN even had multi-year stats.

They might have written it at some time during the year when the Tigers were still ahead of the Cardinals and Dodgers in wins, but don't see how they could have been ahead of the Angels at any point.

As to the Dodgers WAR total, keep in mind that that page was just pitching WAR- that they lead in that over the past decade is unsurprising.

Jays 7-0 since acquiring Tulowitski and Price. I can't express just how excited I am about this Blue Jays team. They just look so, so damn smooth. They haven't been in the playoffs since I was 8!

The Jays are exciting. I'm hopping on the bandwagon to root for them winning the AL East. I'm a fan unless they play the Giants in the WS.

Likewise, since the RedSox are on the edge of mathematical elimination from the playoffs already.

Jays 7-0 since acquiring Tulowitski and Price. I can't express just how excited I am about this Blue Jays team. They just look so, so damn smooth. They haven't been in the playoffs since I was 8!

The Jays are exciting. I'm hopping on the bandwagon to root for them winning the AL East. I'm a fan unless they play the Giants in the WS.

Forget making the playoffs. This is the best team in baseball right now. People look at Tulo's bat, but his glove may be more important. It isn't like Reyes was offensive dead weight.

I wonder what it will do to my collection of Roberto Alomar rookie cards. He played AA ball in my home town.

J

The Blue Jays have had two 11-game win streaks this season.

ALL ABOARD THE TORONTO BANDWAGON

You know, I'm a little concerned about the hype. The media in this town is pretty much already planning the parade route. We have a great team at the moment, no question about it, but that doesn't automatically translate into success in the playoffs. I remember one year (I think it was 2001 or 02), Seattle had a ridiculous record (something like only 40 losses) and ended up eliminated in the 1st round. I worry about them becoming overconfident. Price could lose a game and suddenly that would be really deflating. We'll see how they're able to bounce back mentally when something like that happens.

At the moment, I'm just stoked that they're going to have a really good look at winning the AL East title, and I'm stoked that they'll be in the playoffs for the first time in a really long time. It's been so, so damn long since my team has played meaningful baseball late in the season that I barely remember what it felt like.

I'll have you know in the (116-46) 2001 season we lost in the second round, not the first, thank you very much. :p

NOW the Red Sox start hitting? :wallbash:

Cherington out as Red Sox GM; Dave Dombrowski (Tigers GM) in as new President of Baseball Operations. I.e., the next GM's boss. Whoever that will be.

Rumor mill already says Frank Wren, former Braves GM; I hope not as that will sort of signal analytics going totally out the window.

Sort of shocking even though it really should not be that much of a surprise, considering the Sox's recent failures and their dumpster fire of a rotation. But still. Man. Not sure how I feel.

He might be the GM/President, kind of like he was with Detroit.

Nobody trade with the Red Sox, ever.

It's an interesting change in direction for the Red Sox. I don't fault them for parting ways with who they had; too many seasons that went south, after all. Dombrowski is good, probably a top 6 or so GM in the game, but when you put him on that list (Friedman, Beane, Epstein, Mozeliak, a couple others) he does standout as being the most traditional one. Interestingly, in Detroit, his protégé Al Avila, while saying he still believes in the scouting work they've done and how important it is, has already promoted their top analytics guy to be basically his right hand man, and given him permission to hire two more analytic folks.

He's a great scout, Dombrowski, and he treats prospects as the resources they are, either to be used to further the major league team by play or trade, not just one or the other. He has a great track-record of trades, and the ugly contracts he gave out were in part because owner Ilitch wanted to. The Red Sox have some issues to attend, but it'll be fascinating to me if he can keep up the kind of success he had in Detroit, or if his time is fading away.

Nobody trade with the Red Sox, ever.
Minor correction. Nobody trade with the Red Sox unless the trade involves relief pitchers.

Top Bottom