• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

2015 MLB season.

Goddamn, this is hard. Out of this whole roster, who would be the top 3 keepers? I'm thinking Carlos Gomez (regular day in day out stud), Mookie Betts (predicting a breakout year), and Kershaw (do I even need to explain? :p )

Yeah, that seems like the best three guys you could pick to me.

Well I wouldn't keep Mookie for a top draft pick. Maybe Teheran or Lucroy (although I think he was just injured...)

Yeah that's probably the better option. Pick in the third round, you'll get someone equal or better than all the other options on your roster.

Illram won this last year. I won it the year before. 1 round left.

C John Jaso
1B Paul Goldschmidt
2B Robinson Cano
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Danny Santana
CI Brandon Moss
MI Josh Rutledge
OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Christian Yelich
OF Kole Calhoun
OF Rusney Castillo
UTIL Kendrys Morales
SP Matt Harvey
SP Carlos Carrasco
SP Drew Smyly
SP Lance Lynn
RP Greg Holland
RP Hector Rondon
RP Yasmiro Petit
P Jake Odorizzi
P Kelvin Herrera
P Dominic Leone
BN Jose Fernandez
BN Lucas Giolito
BN Carlos Rodon
BN Byron Buxton
BN Clint Frazier
BN Raul Mondesi
BN José Peraza

J

TAMPA, FL—Tentatively approaching the All-Star third baseman during a spring training workout Friday, New York Yankees rookie outfielder Tyler Austin reportedly worked up the courage to tell Alex Rodriguez how much he used to hate him as a kid. “Hey, Alex, I’m sure you get this from the younger guys all the time, but I just wanted you to know how much I hated your guts when I was growing up,” Austin told the Yankees slugger, adding that he will “always remember” watching Rodriguez slap the ball out of Bronson Arroyo’s glove in the 2004 ALCS and then later finally admit to years of steroid use in 2009. “I’ll never forget visiting Yankee Stadium with my dad when I was 15, and every time you came up to bat I would just boo and scream at you as loud as I could. And now we’re sharing the same field—I can hardly believe it.” Austin later expressed his surprise to reporters that Rodriguez is somehow even more of an abhorrent, utterly rage-inducing prick in person.

Same league as J, my results:

C- Carlos Santana
1B - Jose Bautista
2B - Jed Gyorko
SS - Chris Owings
3B - Anthony Rendon
CI - Billy Butler
MI - Martin Prado
OF - Carlos Gomez
OF - Alex Gordon
OF - Oswaldo Arcia
OF - Joc Pederson
UT - Jayson Werth

SP - Madison Bumgarner
SP - Ian Kennedy
SP - Chris Archer
SP - Mike Minor
RP - David Robertson
RP - Joel Peralta
RP - Kevin Jepsen
P - Rick Porcello
P - Tony Cingrani
P - Josh Collmenter

BN - Henry Owens
BN - Addison Russel
BN - Carlos Correa
BN - Corey Seager
BN - Julio Urias
BN - Tim Hudson
BN - Rob Refnsyder

Should be noted it is a keeper league so a lot of the names above are kept from prior drafts; also the reason I have a handful of 2016 MLB players.

What did you guys think about Will Ferrell's glorious 10-team one-day MLB career?

Does anyone know of an online reference that explains the differences between regular season MLB rules and the rules for spring training games? I know that in spring training, either manager can request that a tied extra-inning game be stopped. However, I recently heard an announcer state that, in the case of split-squad games, each split-squad team must contain at least three major leaguers. The given rationale was that the fans are paying to see major leaguers play and so some should be present. I wonder if there are any other differences.

I spent an hour or two Googling for variations on MLB spring training rules, but couldn't find anything. I have a paperback copy of the official rules of major league baseball, but spring training (or preseason) games aren't addressed.

Thanks.

FanGraphs' positional rankings currently projects the Giants' left fielders to have a .354 slugging percentage, which is almost as low as Barry Bonds' batting average from 2001-2004 (that was .349).

Josh Hamilton gets away with no suspension. Someone should tell him his drug dealers are gay. That might cause him to go Indiana and stop doing business with them.

Braves traded Kimbrel and the other Upton to the Padres for Maybin, Quentin, and a couple of minor leaguers.

Has there ever been a day-before-opening-day trade this big before?

It's about friggin' time, if we were going to rebuild we had to trade Kimbrel while he's still got value. It's really painful to lose him because he's an amazing closer but it had to be done if this was the path that was chosen. Closer doesn't do you a lot of good if you're planning to suck and not have many games for him to actually save.

Good riddance to BJ/Melvin/Sinclair-comma-/Kate/ Upton.

If we're REALLY lucky maybe we'll be bad enough to get Fredi fired.

Top Bottom