• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

2015 MLB season.

Max Scherzer just signed with the Nationals.

Early reports have it at over 180 million for 7 years. I heard somewhere it was 210 million but I don't know how accurate that is. I have mixed feelings on this. It'll probably hurt the Tigers in the short term, but I can't help but feel he's another Justin Verlander waiting to happen.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...erzer-washington-nationals-contract/21965021/

If they don't trade someone, that is a scary good rotation if it stays healthy. Scherzer and Strasburg and Zimmerman in a short playoff series? Ouch.

Since Tanner Roark is now their 6th starter and he had a sub-3 ERA last year, I bet that either Zimmermann or Fister gets traded for some sort of depth- they're a bit lacking in it.

They are saying Z right now. :crazyeye:

Strasburg might get lots for (like a #1 pitcher)... even tho he hasn't really done it yet.

Eye candy.

Ernie Banks, 1931-2015

Played 19 years for the Cubs, 1953-1971. Earned 2 MVP awards while at shortstop, 1958 & 1959, and played in 11 All-Star Games. Inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1977. 512 career HR, .830 career OPS (122 OPS+), 67.5 career WAR (tied with Ryne Sandberg, coincidentally). Kind of an average-fielding shortstop, but screw it; how many teams would take an "average-fielding" shortstop who hits 40 homers? *raises hand*

Fantasy question.

I am in a deep roster 16 team keeper league (464 plays rostered). My offense is in the top 2-3, but my pitching has been rough.

We start 9, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P. This is what I can carry over.

SP:
Drew Smyly + two years
Carlos Carrosco + two years
Zack Wheeler - last year

Noah Synderga'ard - last year unless he raes top 100 in 2016
Jose Fernandez + one year
Matt Harvey + one year, unless he goes ballistic (top 40)
Lucas Giolito + three years
Carlos Rodon + four years

RP:
Hector Rondon + two years

I have one good pick (top 120) and one fair pick (120-150) then out in the cheap seats (300+). I need a starting OF and a MI. Fair to decent RP is available on WW at any time. Playable SP, not so much. Prospects picked up on WW get at most three option years and often just one. Late drafted players get 2-4 years. I could throw Thor to the sharks for a pick around 165, or trade him.

I like my chances for 2016. The question is, should I go for it now? Those SP are it, barring trades.

J

You look like you've got a fair amount of sleeper potential in Smyly and Carrasco, Wheeler and Syndergaard might do good things, and Harvey and Fernandez are Harvey and Fernandez (though they're both coming off TJ Surgery)

Ernie Banks, 1931-2015

Played 19 years for the Cubs, 1953-1971. Earned 2 MVP awards while at shortstop, 1958 & 1959, and played in 11 All-Star Games. Inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1977. 512 career HR, .830 career OPS (122 OPS+), 67.5 career WAR (tied with Ryne Sandberg, coincidentally). Kind of an average-fielding shortstop, but screw it; how many teams would take an "average-fielding" shortstop who hits 40 homers? *raises hand*

'Let's play two' :cool: :king:

The interesting thing about "Let's play two." is that the other players were grumbling about playing at all. It was a very hot day.

J

That is how I was... I could play all day. :cool:

Former Brave Andrew Jones trying to come back to MLB after playing in Japan.

I don't give a damn how well he plays now, it CANNOT be worse than BJ Upton. Plus it'll fit the theme of "replacing younger players with old ones while rebuilding" or whatever we're doing now?

I don't give a damn how well he plays now, it CANNOT be worse than BJ Upton. Plus it'll fit the theme of "replacing younger players with old ones while rebuilding" or whatever we're doing now?

You are very wrong about that. It can be MUCH worse.

OK. Not. It's scary to think he was good once. Also applies to Jones.

J

What made him deadly was bat speed... that is long G.O.N.E.

anybody playing fantasy baseball this year?

we might do a league at Apolyton, but if we dont there might be a few people looking for leagues

I have been trying to start a CFC keeper league for years. I'm sure the annual CFC redraft league will get going soon too.

Top Bottom