Some buildings could be pilfered from Final Frontier, like the School of Zealots, the Manufacturing Plant, and the Stardock.

Evil chancellor of germany... :lol:
That might be a bit stereotypical, I mean, Germany can't be seen as the sole reason for WWI and WWII alone. There were many contributing factors, and besides, blaming Germans for it again, well, that is an idea I have to say I do not really like. But at least there's a backstory to it :)

What future plans do you have for the modification?

I agree with you.

The mod looks really awesome, but I would really improve the scenario's story behind it.
1) the begin year should be selected more randomly (ex. 2112)
2) The story should be more realistic. I don't think that Germany will turn evil again.
An idea might be: China and Russia stop trading with USA, Canada, EU, because they are consider them as warmongers. So they form a cohalition, share their own resources and sign defensive pacts with all nations wich are in the USA's "black list" (ex. Iran, Notrh Korea, Kazakistan and so on...). The beginning of the third world war might be when Iran declares war on Israel, USA, EU, Canada decide to help Israel and China and Russia declare war USA, EU, Canada cohalition... Do you like my idea? ;)
3) Change the name of the leaders and the future name of these 8 nations!!! (I would definitely remove the word "empire")
The nations might be:
1) United States of Africa (North Africa excluded)
2) United States of North America
3) European Federation
4) Pan-Asiatic Federation (Russia + China + South East Asia)
5) South-American Cohalition
6) United States of Oceania (Australia + New Zeland + Pacific Islands)
7) Indian Federation (India + Indonesia)
8) Pan-Arab Federation (All Arabic States with North Africa)

About the name of leaders just invent!! Uses google to find out some politicians of these nations and mix name and surname :lol:

Have Fun!!!!
Btw great mod:goodjob:

I'm happy that you like my mod.
But the Third World War actually already happened in 2030-2080.
There is a backstory,parts are mentioned in the civilopedia and pop-ups.
Germany did not actually was evil again,but it tried to unite Europe under one government and the United States of Europe collapsed with its leader.
While most nations now are democracies and constitutional monarchies,China and India are more or less absolute monarchies,but the people are still happy.
The leaders name are based on those of Next War,but unlike the Next War leaders they have real names (in the civilopedia).

Hi folks,

this mod is fantastic :scan:
But i need a little bit help with phyton.

I have one problem with the antimatter nuke. this unit has a nice effect, but
phyton script will also remove rivers and terrain features like Oasis - flood plain ...
After this will add fallout to the 9 pads.

Can i get some help to modify this a little bit, please ?

My goal is :nuke:
The Antimatter bomb remove only cities, units and Improvements ( like mine, farm, road, railroad ..... ) but not touch
the terrain basics like rivers, terrain features ( Oasis, flood plain ... ) ok forest and Jungle can be removed ;)
I don't need fallout by the antimatterbomb - i think this is not an effect in real
(theoretically)

Will be happy if somebody or the modmacker can support me.
I found the script in phyton file but no idea to edit it - sorry I'am noob in phyton things :cry:

I'm glad you like it!
But I'm not the one who made the python code.
I know little python myself,The_J made it so maybe you can ask him.

Thanks man - i ask the_J already - hope he can find a solution for this update..

Do you plan to release a future version of this Mod with more extra units and so on.
The current Spaceship is a really good idea ! :goodjob:

Do you plan to release a future version of this Mod with more extra units and so on.
Yes, I'm working on a new version.
The current Spaceship is a really good idea !
Are you talking about the Mission to Mars thing?
That was not my idea, it originally comes from the Next War Scenario.

no - i talk about the skydestroyer
It's the beginning of the "Spaceship" unit category.
More units will be added in the near future...

An idea: Add revolutions. Then we could have Iran or Israel revolt against the Arabs, Vietnam against India, Japan against China, the possibilities go on!

I just played through a game, monarch, quick speed as Oceania.
Nothing really happened in the game, everyone was reasonably friendly, no wars.
Gave just ticked away until China won the space-race (I was miles behind, not a single component made).
Also, as wonderful as the map is, there is nothing remotely post-apocalyptic about it - the planet would need a couple of centuries of peaceful development to look like that.
Generally the mod is almost the same as the Next War mod it is based on.

I just played through a game, monarch, quick speed as Oceania.
Nothing really happened in the game, everyone was reasonably friendly, no wars.
Gave just ticked away until China won the space-race (I was miles behind, not a single component made).
Also, as wonderful as the map is, there is nothing remotely post-apocalyptic about it - the planet would need a couple of centuries of peaceful development to look like that.
Generally the mod is almost the same as the Next War mod it is based on.
Oceania is currently the hardest civ to play, needs to be nerfed.
The world is currently in a peaceful state and the countries will not easily destroy everything again.
As for the post-apocalyptic thing, the world was NOT almost destroyed in World War III, not even close to it.
There were nuclear attacks but not on a scale that could destroy an entire country.
You would be amazed what twenty years can do to a little chaotic world.
Also, this mod is in a very early stage, much things will be added in the future.

Nice mod!!!
Did you consider that in chaotic world especially after nuclear war there would be a LOT of places where there is no order which is anarchy. Maybe replace barbarians with anarchy and handle them a lot of cities in borders between the nations?

Also, considering fact that Eastern Europe is low populated and Russia is NOT backward technologically compared to third world countries and has a LOT of unused resources. It would be fair point say that it has survived as a state with USA and China, however Europe (heavenly populated with exhausted resources - perfect place for bloody revolutions) and Middle East (when oil well's went dry) would be in complete anarchy.

While this may be a bit of a far stretch, there should be a space exploitation/colonization part of the tech tree that basically allowing you to build projects that give various bonuses, much like in Rhye's and fall of civilization Europe, with perhaps a few resources only obtainable through that method. (and the best thing would have the parallel maps mod component somehow implemented and bring conflict to multiple frontiers)

Maybe some time in the future I will add parallel maps. I will try to add new techs focused on space colonization along with projects. I need some proposals for space projects maybe (some planets or solar systems?).
I'm very sorry but all my projects are currently on hiatus because I recently bought The Sims 3, which is an awesome game. Please forgive me, I have very limited time at the monent.

Hi folks,

this mod is fantastic :scan:
But i need a little bit help with phyton.

I have one problem with the antimatter nuke. this unit has a nice effect, but
phyton script will also remove rivers and terrain features like Oasis - flood plain ...
After this will add fallout to the 9 pads.

Can i get some help to modify this a little bit, please ?

My goal is :nuke:
The Antimatter bomb remove only cities, units and Improvements ( like mine, farm, road, railroad ..... ) but not touch
the terrain basics like rivers, terrain features ( Oasis, flood plain ... ) ok forest and Jungle can be removed ;)
I don't need fallout by the antimatterbomb - i think this is not an effect in real
(theoretically)

Will be happy if somebody or the modmacker can support me.
I found the script in phyton file but no idea to edit it - sorry I'am noob in phyton things :cry:

Or, you can use this as a chance to create "Terra former" unit to repair any terrain damage. Or even use a GE to do the same thing, call it the "Grand Reclamation", or something similar. Just a thought :)

Maybe some time in the future I will add parallel maps. I will try to add new techs focused on space colonization along with projects. I need some proposals for space projects maybe (some planets or solar systems?).
I'm very sorry but all my projects are currently on hiatus because I recently bought The Sims 3, which is an awesome game. Please forgive me, I have very limited time at the monent.

How about asteroid mining? Fairly accurate since there is a U.S. company that plans to do exactly that. Civs have to build a OSS, then wait X number of turns to gain some type of resources.

Well mars and moon colonization is fairly obvious, and as a person above me said, as is asteroid mining. (perhaps with a few major ones like ceres) But there should be a tech "alcubierre drives" that allows you to colonize an imaginary planet alpha centauri.
(seems to be a trend in civilization games to place a habitable planet at alpha centauri while all we have found there is a scorched planet :( )

Hello, everyone, sorry for the long break, but I have restarted working on this mod, expect an update soon. I plan to implement some revolutions, but I'm not sure which civs may break up in two or more parts. I think they should only happen if some cities are unhappy.
I don't know how to implement this in the game, so I asked how I make it happen to a specific city in the Quick Modding Questions Thread. I will also need a code to make units of these factions spawn in their capital only if they are alive to ensure they aren't immediately destroyed, using this component.
So this is my idea:
Mexico (North America), in Mexico City
Argentina (South America), in Buenos Aires
Ethiopia (Africa), in Addis Abeba
European Union (Europe), in Brussels
Russia (Europe), in Moscow
Persia (Arabia), in Tehran
Maybe Asia should not split to ensure they are the dominant power in the game
Southeast Asia and Oceania are too small to split and relatively weak compared to the others. I think the component also restricts revolutions to the human player which is good I think.
Also would unique powers be more interesting than traits?

Top Bottom