1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

230AD Fireside Chat - of permanent alliances and expansion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Gingerbread Man, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

I still support this as a possibility, however it is a longshot that GCA would agree (they would have to disband all troops not in Port Blacksand and cede the city to us) or that Poly would agree, which would be a prerequisite for me to support peace with GCA. Also, if we were to present this, we would be sure to make it sound like a demand for them to surrender, not an offer of peace.

BTW, I don't think that Poly conquered a single GCA city either; I'm fairly certain that GCA disbanded them all before Poly could take them.

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

War weariness requires conflict and combat, not just a declaration. To inflict war weariness on GWT we'd need to attack them, or have them station troops in our lands.

really important thread on war weariness:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61628

3. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Dude, I just found out we have troops on the islands. Forget peace! They can't land!

4. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

If there's a vote on this issue, I have to say that offering *any* sort of concessions to GCA would be a bad idea. Just let 'em waste their time over in GWT land until we have the power to take both those nations on (Or convince GWT to finish them off: doubtful)

5. Bootstoots

Double post

6. Bootstoots

I think the only concession that we'd give GCA under this proposal is their survival, which is assured for the time being anyway. From what I understand, they would have to give up Port Blacksand and disband all troops on the continent.