2K Announces Free Holiday Scenario for Sid Meier's Railroads!

I went back to playing a regular scenario, the patches really changed some stuff and I wanted a better frame of reference to learn it.

I think I will play this in just Train Table mode so I can show my daugter Santa's train tonight.

A little update on the 3rd game, I sank. I was so close to completing a goal once, I swear my train was about 2 seconds away, kid you not, 2 seconds! All I needed was 2 more loads and I ran out of time to complete it. I was cutting other goals so close at one point, I was scrapping trains and sending new ones, anything I could to save time. I will try again, I want to see if I can complete this scenario with ALL goals completed. I have not been playing with any AIs, can't imagine if I was.

:) ;) Happy christmas and happy new Year from Slovenia.I know that is questions who dont be there,but I must ask.
Who produce train in Canada.Diesel Locomotive.
Thanks very much for answers and peace for the all world:) :)

well sounds like you are progressing warspite... keep at it !!

i took on my challenge of the domovoi start, robber baron, and 0 AI's this afternoon... the early game was very difficult but i pulled it off and finished all the goals with 20 years to spare. once ya get past the second set of goals this challenge is really easy.

robber baron makes it a real pain early on though... you are so handicapped by the % penalties things go very slowly.

i dunno really where to go from here... i may try with the starting city right below domovoi i think its "weichtenthal" or something like that. or perhaps vs. 3 ai's at tycoon level since i was only able to handle 3 at mogul....

its a fun scenario but i hate the early game trains... they are sooo slow!!!

Pardon my stupidity...
I installed both the game, the patch and the holiday scenario today, in that order. How do I play the holiday scenario? It is not one of the scenario selections in single player games. I also don't see a sandbox option.

This scenario is definitely alot of fun. I have been playing it on easy with no AI. I have tried it twice. Each time I get all but one objective done - the teddy bears/toy soldiers. I can't seem to make that one work. I can get the rest.

Do you guys find you have to sell most of your stock in order to get a good jump start at the front of this scenario? Or can you do it by setting up a couple of tracks and a couple of train routes?

Pardon my stupidity...
I installed both the game, the patch and the holiday scenario today, in that order. How do I play the holiday scenario? It is not one of the scenario selections in single player games. I also don't see a sandbox option.

It is called "A Tycoon Tale" and it will be the very last scenario.

Sandbox is called Train Table and is the first selectable difficulty level.

16 hours trying to get those teddy bears to roll and not forgetting the cookies but finnaly completed it all (mogul noob settings). That was fun, want more.

Do you guys find you have to sell most of your stock in order to get a good jump start at the front of this scenario? Or can you do it by setting up a couple of tracks and a couple of train routes?

yes... the start of the game is very important and you need maximum income coming in right away... dump all of your stock and setup as many routes as possible

here is a another trick for you... lay all track and depots FIRST... spend every single dollar you have after you sell all of your stock... THEN route the trains you need... you can buy trains even if you don't have the money for them and go can into negative dollars... all of my games start with me having about -300,000 $ and as many routes as possible

I have sold all of my stock at the very beginning every time I played. I will probably give this scenario another go this weekend or maybe tomorrow night.

yes... the start of the game is very important and you need maximum income coming in right away... dump all of your stock and setup as many routes as possible

here is a another trick for you... lay all track and depots FIRST... spend every single dollar you have after you sell all of your stock... THEN route the trains you need... you can buy trains even if you don't have the money for them and go can into negative dollars... all of my games start with me having about -300,000 $ and as many routes as possible

That is a good tip and definitely needed in this scenario.

Pardon my stupidity...
Do You update version 1.1?
Happy New Year 2007

That is a good tip and definitely needed in this scenario.
Good day and happily new Year.My instructions are next:asks line, all squanders money, that you set lines for you. when train accesses station and you get money, you ask next line for this train at once, that he gave you money and forward. very quickly and efficiently.On train have maximalno coaches, it is he.:) :)

Top Bottom